[HENKaku Homebrew] The Listing of all VPKs

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VitaType, Aug 3, 2016.

1. VitaType
    OP

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Change:
    Added Moon Whitelister (Yet another whitlister, does the same job as the program one above)
    Added AccountSwitcher (Program to swap PSN accounts on a single SD card, allows multiple accounts on one memorycard (alway only one active))
    Added: PSProxy (allows to connect to PSN with 3.60 without the need to update, this tool will work only a couple of days) [v3.0.0.0]

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 8, 2016
    cvskid and Voxel like this.

2. Alex79uk

Alex79uk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    I'm so pleased with this - just completed Cadillacs & Dinosaurs on the CPS1 emulator. It's amazing, I love having these on the Vita, they look gorgeous on the screen too. Awesome work guys.

3. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Change:
    Added VitaUpdateBlocker (allows to connect to PSN with 3.60 without the need to update, this tool will work only a couple of days)
    How could I forgot to add the original.

4. Alex79uk

Alex79uk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    Why is it that it only works for a few days?

5. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Change: Added Persona 4: Golden undub (Restores japanese voices in non-japanese Persona 4: Golden (cardridge and PSN version)) [within the new Retail/PSN Game Mod/Modding section]

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 8, 2016
  6. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Last edited by VitaType, Aug 9, 2016
  7. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    memomo likes this.
  8. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    Could this be explained further? I want to know how to avoid a PSN ban. Deleting trophy database is also something I'd like to know.

9. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    I don't know the technical details of it, but in the past Sony did something on server side to prevent using the blocker within ~7 days.
    As far as I know nothing has changed regrading that.
    Sorry, can't answer these question on a more technical level (but would be intressted in that too. If you find the answer please share it here :)).

These folder contains two things.
    First these parm.info files in the param.info subdirectory.
    These could be used to change the name of a bubble to the name of one of these games/programs named in the subdirectory.
    To use them you have to open a vpk file (they are just zip archives with a special file/directory structure) and navigate to the sce_sys folder. There you can overwrite the existing parm.info with one from these from the disguisers package.
    If you use this modified vpk to install a program the bubble has a different name.
    The Vita system has logfiles for which programs where started, these could be tricked by this.
    Also if you are loged-in in the chat on your Vita the name of the actual played game you share with your friends is changed too (I belive it dosn't changes the logo showed there).
    However I think you should stay away from PSN while using HENKaku related things anyway.

The second thing are modecularShell apks where the param.info files are already applyed to.

A intressting fact is that if you use these param.info files a update icon can apear on the liveArea from that program you changed the name. Thats holds true if you are loged-out from PSN.
    I wouldn't tap on the update icon (don't think something dangerous is send to Sony when you do, but don't take risks for nothing)

Also you should consider to download these program:
    History Deleter (Deletes the Vita game and error history, not only for paranoid people :) restart the Vita directly after executing this)

The only reason to use the disguisers package and the history deleter at the same time (if you are not loged-in in PSN) is that there are may logfiles or something like that somewhere we haven't found yet.
    I think that is unlikly which is the reason I commented it with "this is only for the paranoid people ;)" (this and the comment from the program one above indeed)

We don't know everything about the system now.
    Therefore it is always a risk to use such a hack, but don't make yourself crazy.

For deleting the trophy-database I have to say that I don't know.
    But I think a good advice for start would be: You should not try to sync your trophies as long as you have trophies in your trophie database that shouldn't be there.
    Probably you should start a thread for that. I wouldn't wonder if someone has found a solution to that problem after these game was shared that much.

Personaly I only use the history deleter and I don't use PSN on my Vita anymore (since I have installed the hack).
    Well and I haven't installed Adventure TIme.
    If you feel after installing the disguisers and the history deleter still uncomfortable you probably should try to take a deeper look in Vita's system.
    Understanding kills fear (or relativates it at least to a reasonable amount).

And as I state earlier don't drive yourself crazy :)

cvskid likes this.
  10. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    That's a very comprehensive response! Thanks a bunch, the history deleter seems to cover my needs.

11. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Added: Hendoku (A Sudoku game for HENKaku)

12. Transdude1996

Transdude1996 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    United States
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think this is no longer needed because about a month ago, back one of the 3.5X firmwares (I forget the exact one, but I know I was about 3-4 FW updates behind), I was still able to access the trophies and PSN using the VUB. So, it seems like that problem was just restricted to that one specific firmware. *Insert foot into mouth*

Just as I post this, now the VUB program doesn't want to work. It does show it's working in the application, but my Vita TV still receives the update message. Also, tried PSProxy, the program crashes after a few seconds.

Last edited by Transdude1996, Aug 10, 2016
  13. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Last edited by VitaType, Aug 10, 2016
    memomo and Venom Intellect like this.
  14. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    There is a new update for VitaQuake if you notice that.

VitaType likes this.
  15. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Have seen that, but the link goes directly to the gbatemp post and there is no version number at the end of the entry.
    That means there is no need for an update of the list.
    Thanks for the information anyway. :)

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 10, 2016
    memomo likes this.
  16. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I think my 3.10FW Vita might actually be coming back out of its box, woop woop! I red over @Wololo.net that the new HENkaku hack uses .vpk packages and it mentions as long as the game is stripped of all its DRMs then you can actually load a full back up on your vita through the hack and it runs fully with no issues! I would imagine now its only a matter of time before someone really clever creates an app that you run the back up through a cleaner that takes away the DRMs, then you can run it on your vita, I really can see this sort of method happening real soon I hope anyway. It is, really well over due though running back ups on a vita, just a shame the vita is coming to the end of its life span very soon, if it hasn't already begin, that is :(

Last edited by Reecey, Aug 10, 2016
  17. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    The final piece of the puzzle does seem to be decrypting dumps, everything on the console side is all set for decrypted dumps., as the recent unencrypted dump of Adventure Time proves.

18. robflop

robflop Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Just wanted to inform you of this, maybe you'd like to fix it :P
    It's in the line where you link to the r/vitathemes subreddit.

VitaType likes this.
  19. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    I fixed that. Thanks for reporting that.

20. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat halloween peener

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    You forgot that Adventure Time vpk. ;)

VitaType likes this.