cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Coolio

I have fixed the background for the config page.

OK not sure how that works then because if you use those coords you gave:

QUOTE said:
regarding the background coords, here's what i use:
CFG_CONSOLE_XCOORD = 288
CFG_CONSOLE_YCOORD = 156
CFG_CONSOLE_WIDTH = 332
CFG_CONSOLE_HEIGHT = 220

so if your coords are just 2 or 4 pixels around mine, that would be nice:
With a gap of 4, your coords should be
x1: 284; y1: 152
x2: 336; y2: 224

With a gap of 2, your coords should be
x1: 286; y1: 154
x2: 334; y2: 222

Then it means the console is 284 across to the left at the top and then 334 across to the left at the bottom. I think I know what you did mean though and I made it to fit so it's not a big deal.

Is it possible to have the text on a white background? I think you already said you could but just double checking, on the black the text is white and it goes right to the very edge of the console, but it would be nice if the text started a couple of pixels in. saying that when it gets changed to White background you won't notice it as much.

Could you send me the loader with the updated coords you fixed from the previous post so I can check positions Dk.

Cheers and so far I'm pretty chuffed with it.

Here is what I have done with the config.png but I may always edit and stuff but it gives everyone a general idea and can have a go at it to see what they think:

6.png

Ignore the spelling mistake I will fix it so check back in a second or so
wink.gif

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
By the way I meant I'm pretty chuffed with what you have done with the loader along with how it's starting to look.

FORGOT TO ASK

DK, is it possible that you can alter the directories of where the images have to be. I would like to just have it as sd:/images/covers/ and sd:/images/covers/small. I think the config.txt is where this will be where I can do it and I think it will work, but I just want to make sure, is that where I change it or does it have to be coded in by yourself and we have to stick to that directory?

chibiushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this looks like a good one to have as a channel (when its done) for the family to use, nice and sexy (like cdreams, Don Killah, and AppleBelly) and they don't need anything else

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hey DK,

Just curious - the loader your currently working on - is it based on AppleBellys revison 8 (has no install / remove feature).
If not is there any plans to include this (would be cool as Waninkoko appears to have fixed the problem with slow installs with the recently release 1.5) - or am I asking too much
smile.gif

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yep, it's based off AB rev8... but there is a lot of code that looks like Oggzee one in this version.
Maybe AB's work was based off Oggzee's version.

I'm planing to make like all the other loaders: an advanced and a safe version through the config file.
Others named those versions adult/teen or child.
It's all the same to me: the advanced version can install/remove games while the safe one can not.

By the way, i've fixed all the previous bugs regarding internet downloads and games not running or running in the wrong language/video.
Expect a new alpha in few hours.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i ain't got that much time to code on my spare time.
so sorry but i won't waste it with a video, i'd rather code.

i'm in a hurry and won't be here tonight but feel free to make some (a lot!!!) of feedback/wishes.

here comes the alpha2:
QUOTE said:
Changelog:
Rev 9 Alpha 2 - 04/17/09:
- a lots of bugs fixed (internet Ip error/covers/video and language mode)
- the main folder is now named usb-loaderAB for testing purposes... you shouldn't care much about it.
- Just copy the "usbloaderDK" into your app folder and the "usb-loaderAB" to the root of your microSD card.
- IMPORTANT : the key to trigger the options/main screen is no longer the button 2 but button B (i find it more conveniant this way, CDreams might edit the gfx later).
- Happy testing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/222543688/usbl...r-dk_v0.9a2.zip

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don Killah said:
i ain't got that much time to code on my spare time.
so sorry but i won't waste it with a video, i'd rather code.

i'm in a hurry and won't be here tonight but feel free to make some (a lot!!!) of feedback/wishes.

here comes the alpha2:
QUOTE said:
Changelog:
Rev 9 Alpha 2 - 04/17/09:
- a lots of bugs fixed (internet Ip error/covers/video and language mode)
- the main folder is now named usb-loaderAB for testing purposes... you shouldn't care much about it.
- Just copy the "usbloaderDK" into your app folder and the "usb-loaderAB" to the root of your microSD card.
- IMPORTANT : the key to trigger the options/main screen is no longer the button 2 but button B (i find it more conveniant this way, CDreams might edit the gfx later).
- Happy testing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/222543688/usbl...r-dk_v0.9a2.zip

I can sort of understand why you wanted to change the folder to usb-loaderAB for testing, but at the same time that does make it just a little inconvenient, because now that means that I need a folder for covers for the main USB loader I'm using while this is developed, and a separate folder for them for this. No big deal because I have the space, just slightly inconvenient.

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Not sure if this is just me, but first attempt, was trying to download covers and just sat there (still allowed me to scroll through games) second / third attempt - failed to initialize network - aborted downloading covers..

Anyone else had the same?

ewart475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys been checking out your work looks great,
Only problem when i get so far through my games on my hdd it comes up abort called and resets back to hbc any ideas is there something ive missed.

Also keep up the great work looks great up to now i know it will only get better

AppleBelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ewart475 said:
Hi Guys been checking out your work looks great,
Only problem when i get so far through my games on my hdd it comes up abort called and resets back to hbc any ideas is there something ive missed.

Also keep up the great work looks great up to now i know it will only get better

That will be related to a memory leak. its normally about the 24th-ish game that it happens on. Tried ti look at the loader code but it wasn't in the zip. I did fix a load of memory leaks in my loader but don't think i released the version, got too fed up with cdreams attitude that put me off progressing the loader.

AppleBelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uncomment the follow piece of code:

Code:
// Hum... need to check this later, might be the reason for memory leaks and the 20ish cover bug...
//
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Free memory */
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (imgData != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData1 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData1);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData2 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData2);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData3 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData3);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData4 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData4);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData5 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData6 != coverImg)

Its a pretty consistent issue people are having, so my best bet is that this is the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...