RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by cottonMOUSE, Mar 27, 2019.

1. cottonMOUSE
    OP

cottonMOUSE Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    Hiya

I've been playing with getting some of the FF7 Mods working on the Switch version, and New Threat (arguably one of the more involved and comprehensive mods) seems to be working great!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -) 100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
    -) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
    -) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
    -) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
    -) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
    -) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
    -) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the following fundamental truths:
    1. I didn't write this mod, and cannot support it/troubleshoot it
    2. The original author has no interest in a Non-PC version and thus will not support/troubleshoot this
    Having said that, it seems as though the Switch version of the game is so much the same as the PC version that it will even load the Steam versions executable without issue, so any guides for FF7NT should work fine.

If there's any interest in FF7 The Reunion, I'm also going to attempt to get that one working too.

Drop the following in your layeredfs location and enjoy!
    https://mega.nz/#!XwonUIaD!-hiACHCPq6UZO-JbFT6_qitavghbXq-9uCd2yQmZli4

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo, Mar 27, 2019 - Reason: Added download link to OP
  2. cottonMOUSE
    OP

cottonMOUSE Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    Link graciously inserted above, thank you!

Last edited by cottonMOUSE, Mar 28, 2019
  3. arcsy

arcsy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    Have you also tried the Remako HD graphics mod? That's the only mod I care about.

sith, shockme17 and H1B1Esquire like this.
  4. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
  5. cottonMOUSE
    OP

cottonMOUSE Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    I ported it, although 'ported' is a tenuous term because the game required little in the way of changing - the PC version files are mixed caps and the Switch version demands lower caps to maintain case sensitivity.

THANK you for posting the link for me btw!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'd be happy to give it a looksee!

6. MachRc

MachRc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2017
    United States
    Downloaded thank you
    -) 100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
    -) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
    -) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
    -) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
    -) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
    -) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
    -) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0

7. cottonMOUSE
    OP

cottonMOUSE Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2019
    United States
    Thank you!! I couldn't post the forum link either, this is very helpful!

8. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Excellent! sounds like fun as well. Also interested in the Remako HD graphics mod. Been meaning to play through this game yet again.

H1B1Esquire, x65943 and gameboy like this.
  9. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    This is great. I've been working on the graphic mod packs. So far I have ChaOS working along with a custom version of Avalanche Arisen that was made just for Switch. Throw in some other things like newer avatars and opening screen and this is what I've got going so far:
    2019032622072400-EECC236F99339A8D24BA58C2CCB08D91. 2019032622234100-EECC236F99339A8D24BA58C2CCB08D91. 2019032617210800-EECC236F99339A8D24BA58C2CCB08D91.

I'm looking to do Remako next. You can hit me up on Discord @ AnalogMan#6295 and you can also check in at the Qhimm Forum discord where all these mods and nod creators hang out: https://discord.gg/eZxMj3

Last edited by AnalogMan, Mar 27, 2019
  10. badman112

badman112 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008
  11. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    I only posted the link for him. Ask him maybe. I will test it when I am free from work.

12. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    same here

Last edited by wakabayashy, Mar 27, 2019
  13. badman112

badman112 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008

Me too but how to get these mods working 100% with no glitches ect. Also what can we do to get fullscreen.

14. wakabayashy

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    don't know, we can only wait dev to give us some hints

I love to see Advent Children Mod too (I dislike sd characters)

15. Khalyus

Khalyus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2018
    Brazil
    the one that exists is a little rough in some places, but works.

Im playing with it right now.

16. hallo23

hallo23 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    yeah a 16:9 widescreen hack would be pretty dope.
    Is there even a widescreen hack for the PS1 version?

17. shiondelibra

shiondelibra Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Brazil

Good night,
    How does mod and translation work at the same time? Translation(pt/br)

18. wakabayashy

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    works with switch?

19. minomore

minomore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    i believe its in the right folder but its not working for me

20. thuggothic