Gaming Bob's New Stand

GOTWreborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt this game will ever hit the shelves. IMO the game is too....amateur. The graphics are old-school (good for older gamers but not for the majority of the population), the game-play consists of only walking and talking to solve puzzles?, so many little things show just how amateur his game is, i.e. naming it "bob's game", making himself the last boss etc.

It was an amazing effort for a homebrew game; but certainly not good enough to be made into an official DS game. Bob has some serious issues wasting 5 yrs on this game and now locking himself in his room. He obviously doesn't have a gf, job or any kind of social life
biggrin.gif

Locking himself up won't achieve anything except maybe a little bit of negative publicity,most people would be criticizing his immature behaviour and not nintendo's lack of action.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ahem. It looks really cool. Okay it isn't a 3D game, but should it be? No. It's realistic, you don't see any real monsters in real life, there aren't any in the game. The title is simple, but so is "De Blob".

I can't see any reason why it's not released.

However, he does used illegal stuff to make it. (flashcards and such) And it will destroy the line between homebrew and retail games.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
elfsander said:
However, he does used illegal stuff to make it. (flashcards and such) And it will destroy the line between homebrew and retail games.

There is nothing illegal about flashcards and such. Just... you know... retail roms.

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobsGame.jpg

Poor little mommas boy Bob.. Seriously this guy stayed locked in his room for 5 years probably at his moms basement and now he's trying to publish a game that while very good isn't really represented by any big company except himself.. No surprise he's threatening of staying locked in his room for a good while more. This guy needs some fresh air and mabey needs to watch Grandma's boy! Best game developer/player movie ever!

Know what I think he should do? Instead of asking nintendo directly go to other big game developers and ask for thier assistance.. who know mabey THQ or DSi will accept his work as the best they've ever seen or made... lol

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
xylos said:
Poor little

He seemed to be quite average sized to me.

xylos said:
mommas
What gave you that impression? I am sure it somehow made sense when you wrote it, but try actually thinking before posting next time, i hear it makes your posts actually worthwhile!

xylos said:

Well, atleast you got ONE thing right in this pretty large post of yours, quite the achievement for you it seems judging by the rest of this post!

QUOTE(xylos @ Dec 30 2008, 06:26 PM)
Seriously this guy stayed locked in his room for 5 years
No he didn't, he made the game over 5 years, doesn't mean he was constantly working on it for 5 years. And even if he did, what is it to you, I'm sure he accomplished a lot more in those 5 years than you did.

"
probably at his moms basement
"

Yeah and you are probably a virgin, hey look i can throw around "cool guy" comments on the internet too!

"
now he's trying to publish a game that while very good
"

Oh no what a horrible crime lets all flame what he is trying to do! I mean release a good game on DS? Noo. How horrible. .

"
isn't really represented by any big company except himself..
"

Hasn't Nintendo stated several times that the DS is the first platform from Nintendo where the average joe would be able to make games for it without having to work for some big corporate company who has some big deal with Nintendo? well now is the time to prove it in my opinion.

"No surprise he's threatening of staying locked in his room for a good while more. "

He is not threatening, he is doing.

"
This guy needs some fresh air
"

What this guy needs is a Nitro SDK.

"mabey needs to watch Grandma's boy! Best game developer/player movie ever!"

Not sure, but i guess this is you trying to be funny. Good luck with that.

"Know what I think he should do? Instead of asking nintendo directly go to other big game developers and ask for thier assistance.. who know mabey THQ or DSi will accept his work as the best they've ever seen or made... lol
"

Why should he have too, when he has proven he doesn't need a big team or a big company to make games just as good as they make.

"You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text"

what. =/ *Edits some*

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay okay "earl the teacher" what I'm saying in that post is what most people think of this guy in the first place. 5 years locked in his moms basement is what he probably did because: Why would he do such a sissy thing like lock himself in his room until nintendo in compassion for some sole developer decides to give this guy NitroSDK... Why?! Why doesn't he instead show the world of DS homebrew this massive game and then call for an uprising against the big N to get NitroSDK?

No but seriously lets not fight over this guys future or past... I mean can't we just all get along?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
xylos said:
okay okay "earl the teacher" what I'm saying in that post is what most people think of this guy in the first place. 5 years locked in his moms basement is what he probably did because: Why would he do such a sissy thing like lock himself in his room until nintendo in compassion for some sole developer decides to give this guy NitroSDK... Why?! Why doesn't he instead show the world of DS homebrew this massive game and then call for an uprising against the big N to get NitroSDK?

No but seriously lets not fight over this guys future or past... I mean can't we just all get along?
Well, for starters, if he releases this game, he can forget getting it EVER released under the license!! And if he releases it as a homebrew he won't earn any money form it, and that's as good as throwing five years of your life (and hard work) away!!

And I can't understand how come you guys don't get it, he's not proving a point with this lockup, he's trying to get publicity!! He wants that everyone hears about it, he wants to get to the newspapers, and that people read about him, and talk about that, so he would get some reaction from Nintendo, because last few weeks, Nintendo is ignoring him!!

And nobody is fighting, I'm just trying to point out things that you mentioned, and in my opinion, are wrong..

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
...if he releases it as a homebrew he won't earn any money form it, and that's as good as throwing five years of your life (and hard work) away!!

How do you figure? Why would making money off the game give value to the time he spent on making the game? If it was a labor of love, making money off of it should be gravy. If nothing else, he'll have gained valuable experience from those five years -- experience that could be used in getting a job doing something he loved.

No, in my opinion, he's not going to garner any positive attention from Nintendo. I don't know "Bob" or anything about him other than his creation of this game, but it sounds like a very, very bad way of getting Nintendo to notice him.

As an aside, many folks spend five years getting a degree to do what he's been doing, and they pay a lot of money for that education. No, his time will only have been wasted if he sees it that way. Whether anyone publishes this game -- the value of that is only an illusion this kid created in his own mind.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Toni Plutonij said:
xylos said:

Well, for starters, if he releases this game, he can forget getting it EVER released under the license!! And if he releases it as a homebrew he won't earn any money form it, and that's as good as throwing five years of your life (and hard work) away!!

And I can't understand how come you guys don't get it, he's not proving a point with this lockup, he's trying to get publicity!! He wants that everyone hears about it, he wants to get to the newspapers, and that people read about him, and talk about that, so he would get some reaction from Nintendo, because last few weeks, Nintendo is ignoring him!!

And nobody is fighting, I'm just trying to point out things that you mentioned, and in my opinion, are wrong..
dont get me wrong, but its hard to read a post with that mohawk barbie hovering.
if i remember, there was this game called cavestory made by a person named pixel, he released it as homebrew and people sent him stuff i dont think he acted like little bob here.

wtf.gif

is that box art FOR REAL?!

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
rofl at toni's avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and btw noitora i changed the number in the url and it shows up with "sleep" on the led counter >.>

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well that's just my point, he wants to earn money from this game, he doesn't only want for people to play it, but to make some kind of career from it..

And trust me, he needs this (and he's doing this) for publicity! Nothing more, nothing less....I really doubt he's crazy, or anything like that!

QUOTE said:
dont get me wrong, but its hard to read a post with that mohawk barbie hovering.
rofl2.gif

And man, check your sig
laugh.gif
It doesn't give away a feel of full seriousness, does it?!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This guy made a full-length RPG all on his own. That feat in and of itself is highly commendable considering it's never been done before. And locking himself up in a room (if it's true) obviously attracted a lot of attention, not just on this forum but on others. Sure, people will bash him and post on different forums saying "haha, look at this loser," and by doing that you're inadvertently helping him. His story will get out, which is exactly what he wants. So this guy probably isn't crazy. I'd say he's pretty damn smart. I personally wouldn't resort to his tactics to gain publicity, but his method is working.

I, for one, certainly hope this Bob's Game sees the light of store shelves.

BTW, love your new avatar Toni!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Well that's just my point, he wants to earn money from this game, he doesn't only want for people to play it, but to make some kind of career from it..

And trust me, he needs this (and he's doing this) for publicity! Nothing more, nothing less....I really doubt he's crazy, or anything like that!

Well, the truth of the matter -- having, of course, not played the game -- is that the game doesn't look all that great. By today's standards, it looks like a relic. Sure, he may have put a lot of his time into it, but again, that's time he can count as an education...like many of us have already done. Why does he deserve special attention because he spent five years of his life invested into something? Go get a job with that experience.

I also can't comment on the guy's sanity, but I still think he made a very bad choice in trying to get publicity in this manner.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Densetsu3000 said:
This guy made a full-length RPG all on his own. That feat in and of itself is highly commendable considering it's never been done before. And locking himself up in a room (if it's true) obviously attracted a lot of attention, not just on this forum but on others. Sure, people will bash him and post on different forums saying "haha, look at this loser," and by doing that you're inadvertently helping him. His story will get out, which is exactly what he wants. So this guy probably isn't crazy. I'd say he's pretty damn smart. I personally wouldn't resort to his tactics to gain publicity, but his method is working.

I, for one, certainly hope this Bob's Game sees the light of store shelves.

BTW, love your new avatar Toni!
Thanks for summing it all up nicely!! I agree with every single word!

And thanks for that avatar comment
wub.gif

QUOTE(irpacynot @ Dec 31 2008, 04:53 PM) Well, the truth of the matter -- having, of course, not played the game -- is that the game doesn't look all that great. By today's standards, it looks like a relic. Sure, he may have put a lot of his time into it, but again, that's time he can count as an education...like many of us have already done. Why does he deserve special attention because he spent five years of his life invested into something? Go get a job with that experience.

I also can't comment on the guy's sanity, but I still think he made a very bad choice in trying to get publicity in this manner.
When you put it like this, it's completely different thing, pointless bashing is worthless, but this is just your opinion, and you have every right on it! I agree that locking himself (if he did actually do it) isn't the smartes move, but so far, it seems like it works!

I also think that he got several job offers (I even think he said it himself) but from what i understood, he really wants this game to be released..so he's doing everything he can!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if they ever announced the rg35sp winner or just keeping it quiet now