Gaming Bob's New Stand

Penguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
'Bob' the game developer, currently developing his game that is taking him over 5 years to complete, has come up with a new scheme. Here is an extract from his site, Bob's Game Site (don't just type in bobsgame.com, it comes up with a random pokies site...):

I cannot leave this room. The door is locked from the outside, though I'm fairly sure I could kick it open.
My bed is behind the camera, and I've got a shower. Food is delivered when necessary, thanks to a friend.
I have no internet access, television, or game consoles besides those I am developing on.
This is pretty much no different from how "bob's game" has been developed from the start, but now I can't leave even if I want!

The LED counter will be incremented once a day, and sometimes it will display silly messages and possibly easter eggs.

When Nintendo decides to approve my developer license application I will leave the room.
I cannot finish "bob's game" for Nintendo DS until I have the Nitro SDK!
I am supposed to receive a decision in 6-8 weeks. It has been 16 weeks!

I don't really know what else to do!
I'm beginning to think someone at Nintendo is insanely jealous they didn't think of it first and
wants to keep me from releasing "bob's game!" I've got my eye on that "Reggie" guy, he's suspicious for sure!
I heard that guy beats people up and writes down their names or something.. I'm onto you, Reggie!

I am able to receive email on my G1, so I'm waiting for that beep-
Until then I'm staying in here and working on the Android and iPhone ports!!
Hopefully I will not die! It's all up to you, Nintendo! ;}

Basically, he is trying to convince Nintendo to give him an official NDS game compiler (Nitro SDK), exclusive to licensed game developers, which enables the developer to create proper DS games, with full functionality. By doing this he locked himself in a room with only his developing materials. Until Nintendo give him the Nitro SDK, he won't come out. Bob has set up a live webcam of him in the room, showing what he does 24/7. I wonder what the outcome will be... He really wants to make that game and we really want to play it!

Good luck Bob!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
yaynds.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want his bones and brain when he dies a miserable and lonely death and then I'll donate the bones to a museum and the brain to science. Maybe Nintendo can pay for at least those.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I still think this is kinda exciting....He was really determined to get this done, and at this point he'll do anything to get it..

I can only wish him best of luck, in my opinion it's not pathetic or stupid..He's just fighting the best he can (it's not much, but it's at least something)..and also, he's working on some other projects, so it's not like he's just wasting his time..

elton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bob has too much time on his hands. Get a job buddy and continue your development in your hobby time. Hobbies shouldn't consume you.

He is clearly ideolistic about 'his' perceived greatness .... can you imagine if Nintendo tell him how indifferent they are to his game and actually, they think his game is crap.

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Get out of your room, Bob. Just e-mail/call/whatever Nintendo untill you get your SDK if it's so important for you. Or sell it to another developer and let them publish it.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoop dee, he spent five years on a game where you walk around. If I remember correctly, his gameplay video showed only that. No talking to people, no combat, no puzzles, walking only. And the walking speed was quite high, too.

Five whole years for just that, and now he somehow decided he cannot possibly finish this unless he has the official SDK.

Nintendo: "What's that? You want us to give you our official SDK, which we usually only give to developers? That little thing which thousands of homebrewers would love to get their grubby little hands on? To you? Some unnamed OC guy with a homebrew project?"
Bob: "Yes, I need it to complete my magnus opus, I've been working for five years!"
Nintendo: "Ok, who does your marketing?"
Bob: "Bwuh?"
N: "Lawyering?"
B: "Zuh?"
N: "Why should we give this to you?"
B: "Because if you don't I will lock myself into my room, and have my mom bring my food every day!!!!1"

Oh snap, Nintendo. I hope he doesn't die, in his room, with food being delivered every day. HE SURE IS BRINGING DAT HEAT, NINTENDO!

Bottom line: Screw Bob and his lame-ass game and attitude.

EDIT:
Oh lord why did I do this. I looked at his videos.
This guy is so annoying. BOB'S GAME. The best and greatest game ever made by one person!!1
BOB'S GAME. I want to have it published! So people can buy it!
BOB'S GAME. There was an article about me in Edge Magazine. Someone please send me a copy! (his actual words)
Two more things that annoy me endlessly about this guy:
He is shirtless in that trailer. PUT ON A SHIRT, BOB.
God damn it his main character is called Yuu, and as such EVERY. GOD DAMN. INSTANCE. of "you" is replaced with "Yuu". OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.