How do you deal with pathological liars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dondonuts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I just blocked this one guy who keeps faking about his job status and relationship and also tried to scam me with a "gaming pc"

I am puzzled why these types of people tend to follow me, then I realize I don't really call out their bullshit, until now.

I got fed up because besides the tall tales this one guy keep being whiny and argumentative, it's like talking to 10 year old.

So I called on him with his lies, his supirficial job, his fake gf. and his lazy ass.

This guy doesn't work, just pretends that he has work, how do I know, because he's always having a different job every month, like how he's a "freelance sales agent" next he's a twitch streamer, and something esle again, he even drags his mother to his lies, and tells me his mother is sick. then his father is sick too, he just doesn't want to find a job

next he shows me a pretty girl and claims it's his gf, which he met at a language class, tells me years ago that he would be migrating to america. It never happened, then I checked the fb of this girl, she's not even a friend of his on facebook. and no pictures of them together on his fb or this girls fb no tags or what ever.

He also tried to scam me by selling me a gaming pc that could play "AAA games". I asked around other friends on the specs he gave and said it was bad for it's price, so I declined his offer, he got angry because I consulted others before buying his shit. I confronted him in trying to scam me, turns out what he meant by it can play triple AAA games is it can play Triple AAA games from 6 years ago. what a shmuck. he then tries to defend his statement and tried to argue for long.

Im thinking of whenever I come across these types, I should call them out up front, instead of just repling "Oh". They probaly think they convince me because I'm polite.

So you guys how do you deal with these assholes.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple, the [IGNORE] button works wonders :) + throw him out of your MIND :D

I'm surely not one of those. I only have 1M in the bank, I own a Lambo, I am Young, I'm great with women, I eat my veggies and I have 68" of beautiful Manhood :D:tpi::evil: jk

Last edited by AncientBoi,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Easiest way to deal with them is to just ignore them and move on. Though it can be quite amusing if you call them out on their shit and watch them dig their own hole. That's still more effort and time than they're generally worth.

I've had a few people like that in my discord server, there was constantly something new that meant everything is someone else's fault, everyone is against them, yadda yadda yadda. We give them a few warnings and once they ignore them we just ban them and never look back.

Reactions: SylverReZ

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I just blocked this one guy who keeps faking about his job status and relationship and also tried to scam me with a "gaming pc"

I am puzzled why these types of people tend to follow me, then I realize I don't really call out their bullshit, until now.

I got fed up because besides the tall tales this one guy keep being whiny and argumentative, it's like talking to 10 year old.

So I called on him with his lies, his supirficial job, his fake gf. and his lazy ass.

This guy doesn't work, just pretends that he has work, how do I know, because he's always having a different job every month, like how he's a "freelance sales agent" next he's a twitch streamer, and something esle again, he even drags his mother to his lies, and tells me his mother is sick. then his father is sick too, he just doesn't want to find a job

next he shows me a pretty girl and claims it's his gf, which he met at a language class, tells me years ago that he would be migrating to america. It never happened, then I checked the fb of this girl, she's not even a friend of his on facebook. and no pictures of them together on his fb or this girls fb no tags or what ever.

He also tried to scam me by selling me a gaming pc that could play "AAA games". I asked around other friends on the specs he gave and said it was bad for it's price, so I declined his offer, he got angry because I consulted others before buying his shit. I confronted him in trying to scam me, turns out what he meant by it can play triple AAA games is it can play Triple AAA games from 6 years ago. what a shmuck. he then tries to defend his statement and tried to argue for long.

Im thinking of whenever I come across these types, I should call them out up front, instead of just repling "Oh". They probaly think they convince me because I'm polite.

Besides the "pathological liar" thing, this person's more accurate psychological profile would be Narcissistic and Bipolar Disorder.

The way you have to deal with them is by not dealing with them.
The less attention you give them to their actions, the less they'll affect you, and even then, why the heck would you be affected by this person's lies? Maybe there's a bonding between you too? Perhaps a "long time friendship" going on between you and this "pathological liar"?

Usually, therapy would help the other's person situation of "lying", but Narcissistic persons are generally hard to convince that there's something wrong in their psyche.
I think there might be medicines to ease the obvious Bipolarity symptoms, which might be the best way to deal with the situation.

But... are you really that interested in this person? Or you're just hurt (disappointed) of this person?

Also... OP, you're not 33 years old.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Dondonuts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Besides the "pathological liar" thing, this person's more accurate psychological profile would be Narcissistic and Bipolar Disorder.

The way you have to deal with them is by not dealing with them.
The less attention you give them to their actions, the less they'll affect you, and even then, why the heck would you be affected by this person's lies? Maybe there's a bonding between you too? Perhaps a "long time friendship" going on between you and this "pathological liar"?

Usually, therapy would help the other's person situation of "lying", but Narcissistic persons are generally hard to convince that there's something wrong in their psyche.
I think there might be medicines to ease the obvious Bipolarity symptoms, which might be the best way to deal with the situation.

But... are you really that interested in this person? Or you're just hurt (disappointed) of this person?

Also... OP, you're not 33 years old.
It was a friend from college and come to think of it these people from college are the lying types. I feel like they are always wanting to one up me, Like for example this other liar from college, My artwork got displayed on a gallery and I used cheap house paints and acrylic, this guy never paints, even back then in college. When he saw my painting he says, ah I paint too but I use "insert super expensive brand of paint," He's like that to everyone.

There was this other liar friend, from college too, also tells tall tales, and tries to convince me that the solution to my work gap experience is to lie about my work experience on my resume.

I'm just sick of them. I did block most of them, 1 guy left I, don't talk much anymore, I just keep him because he's a friend from long time,

I just feel stressed that I'm the target of these liars. and I don't want to have friends like these anymore. Luckily I have new friends from the warhammer community and they're much better friends than my friends from college.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell him to twitch stream it.

Though, if you aren’t getting paid, why do you bother? You’re letting him stay rent-free in your mind with his dogshit.

EzPz solution is to save your own sanity and change the people you know and the places you spend time.

A little thing about friends is:
If you can’t borrow money from them or stay at their house for a week or two, re-evaluate the idea of “friends”; these people are acquaintances, so treat them like that.

Ofc, your best friend was a stranger at some point, but the feeling of “real people” is easy when you try real things, but keep in mind not everyone is a cookie-cutter cut-out.

Tl;dr
You’ll be fine.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It was a friend from college and come to think of it these people from college are the lying types. I feel like they are always wanting to one up me, Like for example this other liar from college, My artwork got displayed on a gallery and I used cheap house paints and acrylic, this guy never paints, even back then in college. When he saw my painting he says, ah I paint too but I use "insert super expensive brand of paint," He's like that to everyone.

There was this other liar friend, from college too, also tells tall tales, and tries to convince me that the solution to my work gap experience is to lie about my work experience on my resume.

I'm just sick of them. I did block most of them, 1 guy left I, don't talk much anymore, I just keep him because he's a friend from long time,

I just feel stressed that I'm the target of these liars. and I don't want to have friends like these anymore. Luckily I have new friends from the warhammer community and they're much better friends than my friends from college.
What you're describing is Persecution Delirium.
Also... noticing a bit of Egocentrism.

You really think those guys revolves around you, huh?
Are you sure you're not actually keeping them engaged with you?

Why are you seeking approval from 3rd persons? That's just weird, and quite immature.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Cut his balls away

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ask to the admins, use the report button

And also, you have to call @impeeza a "Weeble" that Wobbles, :tpi:

but for some reason, He doesn't Fall Down :angry:

That should do the trick :D

Status