Gaming Bob's New Stand

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be already asked but I don't feel like reading 10 pages. Also, this it a total n00b question. Can't he pirate it?

Everon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For how intelligent and hardworking this guy is, its sad that bob never bothered learning a thing about Nintendo.

Nintendo doesn't care about the little man. Rather than blurring the lines between homebrew and company products, they would rather ignore the whole thing.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Licardo7 said:
This might be already asked but I don't feel like reading 10 pages. Also, this it a total n00b question. Can't he pirate it?
he wants his game to be a legal one 0_o

he should just go into a corner and cry for all his worth.

Knew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you guys are taking his quotes too literally. You have to factor in his personality, behavior, etc etc.
Why? If you have any sarcastic, goofy friend, you'll know why. What he writes on the internet and what he says in real life can be interpreted differently even if it's the same thing. What I am trying to say is, when he wrote those things on his blog, he could have been sarcastic, or something along those lines. And if he were to go back and erase/edit them, while thousands of viewers and maybe even from those companies or w/e visits his site, it could show that he is affected by the negative publicity and the Nitendo could interpret it as his game isn't as good as he claims, because he is trying to fix what he wrote in order to get rid of the negative publicity.

It's JUST what I think, it probably didn't make sense, not trying to take sides and etc.etc...
But just saying, you guys can't just bash on the stuff he does. There's always a reason, if you can find it.

This is just a possibility, not saying this is how he feels.

Knew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double post!
Double post probably isn't allowed but I didn't wanted to edit my other post because then it would contradict what I wrote lol.

ANYWAY, the last part probably didn't make sense, but I hope it opens a new door for people to think of the possibilities

Sayno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabadage said:
Sayno said:
Noitora said:
First of all I don't think that this game qualifies as retail, what kind of developer would put himself as the last boss in the game?

John Carmack

That wasn't Carmack...

Romero, my bad. Its been a while
wink.gif

triclopzx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sayno said:
Shabadage said:
Sayno said:
Noitora said:
First of all I don't think that this game qualifies as retail, what kind of developer would put himself as the last boss in the game?

John Carmack

That wasn't Carmack...

Romero, my bad. Its been a while
wink.gif

Ah the memories, john romero... Doom 2

But back to the topic hes really ambitious for the looks of it doing this project, But I havent seen anything to actually spark my interest seeing this game besides Nintendo does not care, they used to but not anymore.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure about Pixel, as I haven't played Cave Story or read much about it, but I would guess that Pixel developed Cave Story on the side whilst working his day job. It seems like Bob (again, I could be wrong) has been putting a lot more of his actual TIME into the game, when he could have been out making money and generally advancing in life. He obviously wants to make some money from the game.

Obviously his stunt is working. #155+ posts can't be wrong.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not quite sure if most of you understand, but Bob's getting exactly what he wants, he's getting publicity..Whether it's good or bad, people talk about it, obviously, his ways are effective because he managed to get reaction from most of you!

Also, all of you who say that he releases it as a homebrew, that he'll get more people to play it, are WRONG!
If he gets it released officially and under Nintendo license, people who don't know about flashcarts (and still there are far more people without flashcarts) will get to play it, and all of us pirates will get to pirate it!
Releasing it as a homebrew will most likely mean that he's giving up on getting it licensed, and that would mean that he basically wasted 5 years of his life to get people to play it, and not earning on cent!

I'm not sure why all of you complain here, you'll get to play it for free one way or another!

Why wouldn't he get payed for all that effort?!

triclopzx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm not quite sure if most of you understand, but Bob's getting exactly what he wants, he's getting publicity..Whether it's good or bad, people talk about it, obviously, his ways are effective because he managed to get reaction from most of you!

Also, all of you who say that he releases it as a homebrew, that he'll get more people to play it, are WRONG!
If he gets it released officially and under Nintendo license, people who don't know about flashcarts (and still there are far more people without flashcarts) will get to play it, and all of us pirates will get to pirate it!
Releasing it as a homebrew will most likely mean that he's giving up on getting it licensed, and that would mean that he basically wasted 5 years of his life to get people to play it, and not earning on cent!

I'm not sure why all of you complain here, you'll get to play it for free one way or another!

Why wouldn't he get payed for all that effort?!

Yes that also made me wonder. 5 Years of hard work no payroll? hmmm.. But like Toni Plutonij said: either way its publicity like the whole youtube thing where you make a random vid in hopes of getting a million plus views.

I really enjoy the songs in the game though I have to give him credit that he made each one, was that FL Studio that I Spoted him using in the video to make the songs?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
20 bucks that Bob will have a last stand where he will threaten Nintendo by saying he'll taking his life or doing something stupid and illegal unless he gets his SDK.

.:drk_drgn:.

rawr
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
On November 17th of 2007, well over a YEAR ago, I contacted Mr. Tom Prata, Senior Director of Project Development at Nintendo of America.
I explained to him that I had worked for several years on a console game for DS, and that I wanted to purchase the NITRO SDK in order to finish the title.
Mr. Prata responded, and we emailed back and forth about 50 times discussing the title and the NITRO requirements.
After doing a background check in December, we teleconferenced to discuss the game. He wanted to see it.
This culminated in a meeting, scheduled for February 22, 2008, at the Game Developers Conference.

Mr. Tom Prata was scheduled to give a major interview at GDC on February 20, 2008, two days before he had scheduled our meeting.

This was his first major public appearance.

The interview was about how he was making it possible for small developers
to create games for the first time on a Nintendo platform with the WiiWare program.

The existence of my game directly contradicted his speech!

At the meeting, Mr. Prata barely even bothered to look at the game he had stalled me for months to see.
He advised me to apply for a developer license, and assured me that he would "do what he could" to make sure my application was fast-tracked.

Why was my meeting delayed for so long, Mr. Prata?
Why is my application being mysteriously stalled?

cards.jpg

Is he finally getting somewhere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4