1. dipper145

dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Metal disorders and common sense tend to not go together, that was kind of my point. And why would I lie?

Would you tell a schizophreniac to approach situations with common sense?

2. Trippy

Trippy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dont any of his so called publishers have the SDK? Or can let him use it? or is that not allowed?

At any rate, this will get Bob more attention which he apparrently likes. Btw I still haven't seen any gameplay other than some item fetching.

3. iPikachu

iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Senegal
    i think he wants a legal ninty one... or something...

4. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

This is the most ignorant, mis- or perhaps entirely uninformed, offensive, ill-thought out, illogical, backwards nonsense that I have ever seen on GBAtemp. Let's step through it. Threatening things is apparently one of the best ways to generate publicity; this is debatable, and using your own example, al-Qaida did threaten to attack the US, I don't remember everybody going "Holy shit, did al-Qaida just threaten to attack the US? We should definitely raise our awareness of these guys and their attitudes and desires, and also publish Osama's Game." What I do remember is everybody going "Holy shit, some planes just flew into some buildings." The reaction was to what came after the threat; that is, the action. And even then, the vast majority of the public still knows jack shit about al-Qaida, they just see a bunch of freedom-hating Arabs (pro-tip: freedom is not their problem with America, it's more with America's foreign policy toward Israel and continued US presence in Saudi Arabia; also the whole radical religious beliefs thing doesn't help). Secondly, they were threatening a country, with deaths of innocent civilians, this is a guy threatening to stay in his room for roughly three months. Putting aside the fact that threatening yourself has a better chance of getting you medicated than getting corporate support, even if he does stay in his room, that action isn't really going to make anybody say "Holy shit," unless perhaps it's followed by "That was lame." A 25-year-old man hiding out in his room is completely childish and unprofessional. This is precisely the opposite of a rational plan; Nintendo don't give devkits to crazy man-boys, and they don't negotiate with terrorists, especially when their bluff is as goddamned weak as this one.

Your post was awful, think them out more in future.

5. Tozarian

Tozarian GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Look at it this way:

1. He releases this game as a hombrew, everyone gets it.
    2. His crazy plan works and he markets it. People pirate, everyone gets it.

Either way, people are going to get this thing.

or

3. He goes insane in his little closet and dies. Robbers break into his house, steal the source code from his computer and release it as a hombrew.

6. Base

Base Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I had respect for this guy until he resorted to this. Sad. Hows this gonna resolve anything. All this is going to do
    is prove that his an immature and unproffesional person.

"I'm beginning to think someone at Nintendo is insanely jealous they didn't think of it first."
    Lol.

7. xCuteBunnyx

xCuteBunnyx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Excuse me? I dont see how that was even offensive? I was just stating my own thoughts. Keep in mind the U.S. get threats every day about that we are getting attacked. Alright, I'm going to sleep now, I'll explain more tomorrow.

8. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    What does it take to be a licensed developer actually? Why does it seem that Bob struggles so hard?

Actually, I don' approve his method, even if lower employees know about him, it's nothing. Only if, say, the directors or somebody else seen him and moved by his dedication, he will get the devkit. What can lowly employees do anyway? If it's not from known developer, they won't listen

Although, now that I think about it, the question popped out again: What does it take to be a licensed developer?

9. FaRReR

FaRReR GBAtemp Regular

Buy Nitro SDK, publish game. That's what Ubisoft did at least, I think.

10. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

I was bitching out the other guy, I just quoted you for context. By the way, your point about getting threats all the time kind of plays right into mine; threats aren't taken seriously even when they're on such a grand scale as that, so some kid (he may be 25, but he's not acting like it) threatening not to leave his room is completely pointless. Anyway, I have no problem with you, sorry for the confusion.

11. pilotwangs

pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

Day 10,huh?

Been checking the page a few times today,haven't seen the light on all day.
    Pretty boring to watch...

12. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    Yeah, I bet he just turned the lights out and left. So much for locking himself in.

13. halomasta

halomasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Fool...

14. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Looks like the feed has been frozen.

Guess he either gave up or he's having some issues.

15. Shabadage

Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    schrodenger's cat it is, or so it seems.

16. xCuteBunnyx

xCuteBunnyx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, my bad.
    I kind of thought maybe you were talking about the other dude after I made the post, lol. But I like your argument because most people if they see something they disagree with they would go: OMG WTF BITCH, WHY YOU LOSER, YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME BITCH! and it'll be quite entertaining cause they over react. Instead of being professional and talking about or arguing so they can see your side too....
    I do hope bob gets his game out though. Also, is do you think he really stays in his room? Because he doesnt show the door and he can just put on that sign that say sleeping and leave the room.
    Plus he might die in there because many people die from lack of movement in one place. But who knows, this may work.

17. ShakeBunny

ShakeBunny GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wait a second...

If Bob needs the Nitro SDK before he can continue development of the game, how is he still working?

18. pieman202

pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

hmm but most of the ppl who know about bobs game are just going to pirate it anyway =P

19. Trippy

Trippy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I love how he thinks it's a conspiracy or some guy at nintendo doesn't want his 'awesome' game published.
    Anyhoo, I was reading the wario ware site and it says, among other things, to qualify,

Developer Qualifications: An Authorized Developer will have demonstrated the ability to develop and program excellent software for Nintendo video game systems or for other game platforms. In addition, an Authorized Developer will have a stable business organization with secure office facilities separate from a personal residence ( Home offices do not meet this requirement ), sufficient resources to insure the security of Nintendo confidential information and in order to ensure an effective environment for working with Nintendo and/or its Publishers. Nintendo provides Authorized Developers with highly confidential information and many of Nintendo's Publishers also rely on recommendations and referrals to Authorized Developers. For these reasons, Nintendo exercises a very high level of care in evaluating Authorized Developers.

That Bob, is why you get no SDK, but then again the whole excellent software part kind of ignores all the shovelware.

20. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well from the vids on his page i think his game looks very nice and especially for a single developer !

from the liks this would be one of the games to look forward to even thaugt the grafik looks a little bit outdated but well i still like this better than bad 3d

i believe as well that nintendo won't care of this guy even if he remains forever in his room ! sadly but this really won't help, he should just try to contract some publisher and try to "sell" his project to those if he is lucky he will get what he wants this way

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Stand,