Gaming Bob's New Stand

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Walking and talking and walking and talking and walking and talking and walking and talking is all you do in the game.
tongue.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
this is an odd situation. On one hand you have a guy that has dedicated himself to a cool ds project and i have to admit the graphics look pretty good..He just wants to get it made. i can admire that.On the other hand he acts like everyone should kiss his ass for making a game and calling it the greatest game or whatever. Then he pulls a stunt like this. I mean i doubt nintendo even cares if you lock yourself in your room. It also seems childish in many ways. although the graphics looks good the game looks pretty boring and bland from the demo's.
its cool to see someone in the homebrew community doing a nice big project but at the same time can we really call him a member of the homebrew community when he doesnt actually want to release it as homebrew? it seems like he wants to just see his game shrinkwrapped on a store shelf somewhere. Which is fine but why not use this game as part of a resume or something to show off his skills?

i showed my friends this story and most of them said he is acting like whiny fag. take that for what its worth.
seems like he has too much time and money considering he has no job and doesnt care about the cost of the SDK which runs in the thousands. how many people do you know who are jobless can buy thousand dollar software?

This guy sure makes it hard to like him though. you almost cant stand him for acting this way.

D

Deleted User

Very well put retiredjerk.

Bob said:
Maybe there simply isn't any standard procedure or paperwork for licensing a single person.
A project like this has never really been tried before and something like this has never happened- do they even know what to do?
It's a special case- an industry first- and it takes someone in the company taking extra initiative.
...​
Am I wrong or were there tons of games made by only one developer in the past? (Like Manic Miner for example.) I don't think it's an industry first considering that.

Bob... I'm trying to maintain a professional attitude about my stand ...
As far as I'm concerned this isn't very professional.

craigex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
retiredjerk said:
this is an odd situation. On one hand you have a guy that has dedicated himself to a cool ds project and i have to admit the graphics look pretty good..He just wants to get it made. i can admire that.On the other hand he acts like everyone should kiss his ass for making a game and calling it the greatest game or whatever. Then he pulls a stunt like this. I mean i doubt nintendo even cares if you lock yourself in your room. It also seems childish in many ways. although the graphics looks good the game looks pretty boring and bland from the demo's.
its cool to see someone in the homebrew community doing a nice big project but at the same time can we really call him a member of the homebrew community when he doesnt actually want to release it as homebrew? it seems like he wants to just see his game shrinkwrapped on a store shelf somewhere. Which is fine but why not use this game as part of a resume or something to show off his skills?

i showed my friends this story and most of them said he is acting like whiny fag. take that for what its worth.
seems like he has too much time and money considering he has no job and doesnt care about the cost of the SDK which runs in the thousands. how many people do you know who are jobless can buy thousand dollar software?

This guy sure makes it hard to like him though. you almost cant stand him for acting this way.

I think his job is a software developer. I hear they make a lot of money.
It also appears to be a Japanese style protest against a Japanese company.
It's probably one of the few things Nintendo of Japan will view as honorable, not childish.

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This acutally may have been a smart move now that I think about it. Since locking himself in his room screams "childish, tatrum, stupid" but that will just get Bob more publicity. See how some people tell their friends about this? And then they find out who Bob and what Bob's game is. The news may spread and he may actually get his game published. This is an unique way to say or act upon things; therefore it will get him publicity.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
you really believe Nintendo of Japan finds a grown man locking himself in a room "honorable"? The same society that fought till the death in world war two and the same society that is based on shame. you really think the people in japan think this is such an honorable thing? give me a break. by the way are you bob craigex?

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
xCuteBunnyx said:
This acutally may have been a smart move now that I think about it. Since locking himself in his room screams "childish, tatrum, stupid" but that will just get Bob more publicity. See how some people tell their friends about this? And then they find out who Bob and what Bob's game is. The news may spread and he may actually get his game published. This is an unique way to say or act upon things; therefore it will get him publicity.

but the publicity might be the wrong type, if you know what i mean.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He's going to starve to death in that room. Please someone get Bob out of the room, because the people are your friends not the vultures. Besides, Nintendo would care less if he died in there, and might be laughing at him right this second.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
He's going to starve to death in that room. Please someone get Bob out of the room, because the people are your friends not the vultures. Besides, Nintendo would care less if he died in there, and might be laughing at him right this second.

QUOTEFood is delivered when necessary, thanks to a friend.

Nobody really cares. He just wants publicity.

Also, I think you mean that Nintendo "couldn't care less". Saying that they could care less implies that they do care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM