Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Have anyone's spoofed console been successfully (unfortunately) updated to 5.5.1?

I remember there was a concern when the spoofing method coming out. We did not know whether spoofed console could be updated.
Yeah its OK, been reported. I have not done mine as yet but will do asap, just grab your region update pack from the wupinstaller page "http://wupinstaller.com/ ", they have been updated already and update as usual. I use my own host but some have said the normal page "exploit.wiiubrew.net" does not work at the moment for some reason unknown! :)

Last edited by Reecey,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How else does a person know what the next version number would be? do they go up by 16 numbers at a time or what?
Whats the math behind the version numbers?
There are different methods.
An easy one is to download the tmd and look inside.

go to wiiubrew title list page.
search your game
note the TitleID (ex. Mario maker USA : 00050000-1018DC00) and remove the - in the center

download the tmd (this is the file containing the game version and the list of files needed for that version)
replace the ID in that URL and load it in your web browser.
ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/000500001018DC00/tmd

save the file, and open it in a hexeditor (for example, HxD, or hexworkshop).
look at 0x1DC

the value is in hexadecimal, so you need to convert it to decimal (current version is 0x0010 which is 16 in decimal)

Other methods :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/5809804

Reactions: I pwned U!

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I see the wupinstaller site now lists 5.4 as a compatible version. Is the site using the Matthew_Wi exploit or the Yellows8 exploit? I ask as every time I have tried to load the side so far to spoof my console to 5.5.1, I keep getting stuck on a media player window for the first step and my Wii U freezes without ever taking me back to the home menu. I can only hard power it off at that point.

I wonder if it is using the Matthew_Wi exploit if it would be more successful using the (apparently more stable) Yellows8 mp4 stagefright exploit? I have also tried doing the first step without my SD card inserted and loading 4 high-traffic sites in tabs before launching the exploit.

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I see the wupinstaller site now lists 5.4 as a compatible version. Is the site using the Matthew_Wi exploit or the Yellows8 exploit? I ask as every time I have tried to load the side so far to spoof my console to 5.5.1, I keep getting stuck on a media player window for the first step and my Wii U freezes without ever taking me back to the home menu. I can only hard power it off at that point.

I wonder if it is using the Matthew_Wi exploit if it would be more successful using the (apparently more stable) Yellows8 mp4 stagefright exploit? I have also tried doing the first step without my SD card inserted and loading 4 high-traffic sites in tabs before launching the exploit.

It freezes for me as well, have to hard shutoff.

max-m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
These are outdated.

How else does a person know what the next version number would be? do they go up by 16 numbers at a time or what?
Whats the math behind the version numbers?
Hi, I just built this small tool: https://jsfiddle.net/bkr8v63L/2/embedded/result/
Just select your region, enter the title ID (both versions, 0005000E10145000 or 0005000E-10145000 are allowed), hit that blue button and wait a moment and it should show you the latest ID :)

Btw. as far as I can tell, the version lists for the different regions contain title IDs from different regions as well … :unsure:

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to successfully run wupinstaller after getting the kexploit to run on 5.4? I've been trying different things for hours and no luck...(pointing directly at official wupinstaller MP4 file, trying to compile wupinstaller source to a bin for Yellows8's browser exploit; kexploit is working fairly consistently though :) )

UPDATE: I was able to successfully spoof my 5.4 console to 5.5.1 using this new binary compiled by @wj44 from wupinstall source: http://wj44.ml/wupinstaller/code532.bin

Happy spoofing! ^_^

Last edited by Ichii Giki, , Reason: UPDATE: Success!
D

Deleted User

I can't get this working on 5.4
I confirmed that the SD card works by taking a Mii picture, put the 5.1 files in the install folder, launched the website, and it just freezes at the video player.
I tried loading some other sites too, but it still happens

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this working on 5.4
I confirmed that the SD card works by taking a Mii picture, put the 5.1 files in the install folder, launched the website, and it just freezes at the video player.
I tried loading some other sites too, but it still happens

You have to use the binary I posted with Yellows8's browser exploit so far. That's the only way I've been able to get it working.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So @crediar and anyone else that might be able to help, I'm now having issues with running NUSgrabber.exe. Every time I try to run it I get the error message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I have downloaded the most recent rar file which includes the vcruntime140.dll. I have installed the required vcredis package that is linked on wupinstaller.com and rebooted my system. I have installed all Windows Updates and rebooted. I also copied the msvcp140.dll file from my system32 directory as NUSgrabber.exe originally complained about that file not being present. I have also tried running the program as an administrator. Suggestions? (I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit if that matters at all.)

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never used the wupinstaller before, I've installed the latest update for SSBU with it, and now when I start SSBU, it tells me "Preparing Update" (I'm spoofed to 5.5.1), and then fails because of TubeHax. Should I disable TubeHax to let this install? I can't tell if it's a system update or software update...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!! +1