Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm ok. Tried to update Mario Maker. Do you get an error when using wupinstaller (other one than 0x00000000)?
Naw, just the 0x00000000. I left it running like that for well over an hour and then hard reset.

Before I did this, it would still at least let me boot the game after it tried to prepare update, but now it just prepares, gets no connection and doesn't give me the option to play anyways :S

edit: Also, this is the Splatoon/SSBU bundle, so my version of SSBU isn't disc based. Dunno if that could be a contributing factor or not.

Last edited by Kakkoii,

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I just tried installing Super Mario Maker update (multiple times) and each time when I restart the console, if I go into Data Management, I get a "Found unnecessary data. Do you want to delete it to make more space?" Even if I click Later, there's no update data showing under Super Mario Maker. I waited 10-15 minutes each time on the "Error: 0x00000000" screen before hard-powering down the console. I also tried multiple SD cards (at first thinking the initial card I used wasn't fast enough to install in that period of time), but still now luck. Should we wait on the Home button menu screen for the update to install? Or is still pressing Home and getting the Error screen the correct thing to do? I mean, this must have worked at least once because my console spoofed to 5.5.1U and when I went to the Error screen that time, I only waited like 20 seconds before restarting the console (granted that was a MUCH smaller update).

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the 0x00000000 error, but the spoof seems to have worked. I still have the TVii icon and the System Settings say 5.5.1 and I'm not getting nagged to update.

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So...I just tried installing Super Mario Maker update (multiple times) and each time when I restart the console, if I go into Data Management, I get a "Found unnecessary data. Do you want to delete it to make more space?" Even if I click Later, there's no update data showing under Super Mario Maker. I waited 10-15 minutes each time on the "Error: 0x00000000" screen before hard-powering down the console. I also tried multiple SD cards (at first thinking the initial card I used wasn't fast enough to install in that period of time), but still now luck. Should we wait on the Home button menu screen for the update to install? Or is still pressing Home and getting the Error screen the correct thing to do? I mean, this must have worked at least once because my console spoofed to 5.5.1U and when I went to the Error screen that time, I only waited like 20 seconds before restarting the console (granted that was a MUCH smaller update).
How large is the update, how many files does it have and which ID did you use to download it?
I always pressed home and never got an error message.
I'm on 5.3.2 - no spoof

PS the "Found unnecessary data. Do you want to delete it to make more space?" message means the update isn't installed proberly.
Maybe you didn't wait long enough.

Last edited by Net-KILLER,

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How large is the update, how many files dies it have and whitch ID did you use to download it?
I always pressed home and never got an error message.
I'm on 5.3.2 - no spoof

PS the "Found unnecessary data. Do you want to delete it to make more space?" message means the update isn't installed proberly.
Maybe you didn't wait long enough.

5.3.2 behaves differently from 5.4.0 with wupinstaller so far. Other people on 5.4.0 have reported seeing the error screen after pressing the home button when you are kicked out of the browser for the 2nd time. I used this ID for downloading the SMM update with NUSgrabbber: 0005000E1018DC00 (US) - 53 files - 189 MB (198,946,096 bytes).
I thought 10-15 minutes would be enough to install a < 200MB update (and my SD card is a Class 4), but someone else on 5.4.0 said they waited almost an hour before hard resetting and still it didn't seem to work for them. I'm going to try one more short time waiting on the home button menu...

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
5.3.2 behaves differently from 5.4.0 with wupinstaller so far. Other people on 5.4.0 have reported seeing the error screen after pressing the home button when you are kicked out of the browser for the 2nd time. I used this ID for downloading the SMM update with NUSgrabbber: 0005000E1018DC00 (US) - 53 files - 189 MB (198,946,096 bytes).
I thought 10-15 minutes would be enough to install a < 200MB update (and my SD card is a Class 4), but someone else on 5.4.0 said they waited almost an hour before hard resetting and still it didn't seem to work for them. I'm going to try one more short time waiting on the home button menu...
The ID seems right and I got the same size and 53 files.
I would do the same.
I recently updated smash (2.23 GB) with a class 4 card.
It wasn't installed after 3 hours - so I let it install 5 hours. That worked.

Last edited by Net-KILLER, , Reason: typo.. I'm tired

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Tried an other SD-Card, it worked now fine for me. :)

Are you on 5.4.0? What speed is your SD card and how long did you wait (what game update were you installing)?

The ID seems right and I got the same size and 189 files.
I would do the same.
I recently updated smash (2.23 GB) with a class 4 card.
It wasn't installed after 3 hours - so I let it install 5 hours. That worked.

I'll try waiting 25 minutes this time and see what happens. BTW, waiting on the home button menu seems to not have done anything, looks like you have to go back to the home menu to trigger the install starting (and if you're on 5.4.0 that triggers the error screen, for now at least).

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Are you on 5.4.0? What speed is your SD card and how long did you wait (what game update were you installing)?

I'll try waiting 25 minutes this time and see what happens. BTW, waiting on the home button menu seems to not have done anything, looks like you have to go back to the home menu to trigger the install starting (and if you're on 5.4.0 that triggers the error screen, for now at least).
Just for your information - I meant 53 files. I should go to bed lol

Reactions: Ichii Giki

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yes, i am on 5.4.0E. I've waited ~10 Minutes. I am using a 2GB MicroSD with an adapter, but i don't know the speed or class of it.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for your information - I meant 53 files. I should go to bed lol
Yes, i am on 5.4.0E. I've waited ~10 Minutes. I am using a 2GB MicroSD with an adapter, but i don't know the speed or class of it.

Cool, finally worked this last time, just wasn't waiting long enough I guess. Waited 25-30 minutes and then Mario Maker update was installed! Up next: Splatoon!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm trying the SMM update with my class 10 SD card using WUP Installer. I'm on the error screen, so I'll wait about another 15 minutes and see what happens when I reboot. It'd be really nice if I could not have my system crash though...

Edit: Alright, got it to install, however, my Wii U still is trying to get the update from online and it just keeps failing with 105-4207 when I try launching SMM. I can verify it there in the System Settings, but I can't get the game to launch (From disc) with the patch. Any fix? I've tried the update remover but it does squat.

Last edited by loco365,

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying the SMM update with my class 10 SD card using WUP Installer. I'm on the error screen, so I'll wait about another 15 minutes and see what happens when I reboot. It'd be really nice if I could not have my system crash though...

Edit: Alright, got it to install, however, my Wii U still is trying to get the update from online and it just keeps failing with 105-4207 when I try launching SMM. I can verify it there in the System Settings, but I can't get the game to launch (From disc) with the patch. Any fix? I've tried the update remover but it does squat.
Yeah same problem here, I just let the Splatoon update go for over 2 hours, and it's still doing the online update shit.

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Naw, just the 0x00000000. I left it running like that for well over an hour and then hard reset.

Before I did this, it would still at least let me boot the game after it tried to prepare update, but now it just prepares, gets no connection and doesn't give me the option to play anyways :S

edit: Also, this is the Splatoon/SSBU bundle, so my version of SSBU isn't disc based. Dunno if that could be a contributing factor or not.

I've been having a few issues with this. I did eventually get the spoof working (nnu patch still hasn't worked for me yet), but I'm having some issues with actual update.The first time I tried to install the smash bros update, I left the console on the error 0x00000000 screen for about 30 minutes (this method worked for installing the spoof). After a hard reboot I noticed smash was still asking to update, so I went in my data settings and noticed a messed up block of update data and I figured I must have shut my console off too soon. So I deleted that and tried again, this time leaving the console for about 2-3 hours just to be sure.

When I checked this time, I noticed no update data was present in the menu to move/delete but it did give me the "Found unnecessary data" prompt. I tried this another 1-2 times and this same thing is happening, despite me leaving the console on the error screen for quite some time.

edit: I'm self-hosting locally, so not sure that would explain it

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having a few issues with this. I did eventually get the spoof working (nnu patch still hasn't worked for me yet), but I'm having some issues with actual update.The first time I tried to install the smash bros update, I left the console on the error 0x00000000 screen for about 30 minutes (this method worked for installing the spoof). After a hard reboot I noticed smash was still asking to update, so I went in my data settings and noticed a messed up block of update data and I figured I must have shut my console off too soon. So I deleted that and tried again, this time leaving the console for about 2-3 hours just to be sure.

When I checked this time, I noticed no update data was present in the menu to move/delete but it did give me the "Found unnecessary data" prompt. I tried this another 1-2 times and this same thing is happening, despite me leaving the console on the error screen for quite some time.

edit: I'm self-hosting locally, so not sure that would explain it
Yeah this has been my experience too. And what I've noticed is that now I can't even launch the games despite removing the incomplete data. It just tells me to go back to menu, no option to just play. And the incomplete update remover doesn't seem to be doing jack.

For NNU patch, after launching wupuninstaller once, then loading the nnu, you should be able to just hit the Home button once it boots you out. Is it just freezing for you?

edit: "Updates can only be skipped during their first application. I guess at that point it leaves a sort of flag on the system along with the message that informs you that you will have to update the game before you play it again. This counts for offline play too: if for whatever reason you delete a game's update you absolutely CANNOT play until you get back online and fully update it. Even the disc update will not apply."

Well fuck me.

Last edited by Kakkoii,

dyerseve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just a me too post, hopefully this can help the devs:
I'm on 5.4 USA, SMM (disc based)
Running 05Sonicblue's self hosting files on XAMPP, using the wupinstaller included in his files works only locally (although sometimes I get a race condition)
Successfully spoofed 5.5.1
But can't seem to get SMM update applied, I have the same update files (seems to be version 113, has 58 files, using the new NUSGrabber asking for the update or specifying 113 gives me the save files checksums match)
The hosted solution wupinstaller.com just doesn't work at all for me and I haven't quite figured out how to load the exploit files from the wi.rar locally (thought I did but it ends up saying this is for 5.3.2 only, perhaps the source rar hasn't been updated to match the hosted solution)
After the second attempt at clicking the link, it does send me back to the suspend screen that indicates no software is running but if I attempt to return to the home menu, I get a black screen and 0xFFFCFFE9
I'm not clear on if this is expected, I've also seen 0x00000000 on other attempts but should I wait at this screen? I'm thinking 0 might be a good indication and wait at that screen, whereas anything else is an error and perhaps i need to retry it?
Also data management shows nothing at all for me for SMM except the save data, no updates, no corrupt data or anything at all.

Last edited by dyerseve,

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a me too post, hopefully this can help the devs:
I'm on 5.4 USA, SMM (disc based)
Running 05Sonicblue's self hosting files on XAMPP, using the wupinstaller included in his files works only locally (although sometimes I get a race condition)
Successfully spoofed 5.5.1
But can't seem to get SMM update applied, I have the same update files (seems to be version 113, has 58 files, using the new NUSGrabber asking for the update or specifying 113 gives me the save files checksums match)
The hosted solution wupinstaller.com just doesn't work at all for me and I haven't quite figured out how to load the exploit files from the wi.rar locally (thought I did but it ends up saying this is for 5.3.2 only, perhaps the source rar hasn't been updated to match the hosted solution)
After the second attempt at clicking the link, it does send me back to the suspend screen that indicates no software is running but if I attempt to return to the home menu, I get a black screen and 0xFFFCFFE9
I'm not clear on if this is expected, I've also seen 0x00000000 on other attempts but should I wait at this screen? I'm thinking 0 might be a good indication and wait at that screen, whereas anything else is an error and perhaps i need to retry it?
Also data management shows nothing at all for me for SMM except the save data, no updates, no corrupt data or anything at all.
The source on wupinstaller.com hasn't been updated. You can host this one instead to use:

Attachments

• wupinstaller.zip
    13 KB · Views: 187

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?