PCSX2 FMV Upscale available.

Plaidray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the latest PCSX2 can upscale FMV and it can help for a lot of games ,like Digital Devil Saga the game have a lot FMVs ,or Onimusha Dawn of dreams ,where all cutscenes are FMVs ,even though they are using ingame models.
But this can make the size of textures pack really big in size ,one FMV can be as big as 2-8 gb depending on if you go for 2x or 4x upscale.

Plaidray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, can you give me a link? I don't see anything about FMV replacement.
I didnt read it on their site I saw a video of Suikoden V from a user on Youtube and he upscaled the FMV so I tried it myslef and it works
I already tried it myself I am upscaling the Intro of Digital Devil Saga 1 right now I already tried the first Minute and it works
I can send you the dumps on Discord

SadOrigami

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
this is gonna hurt our wallets as upscalers since now we'd have to pay for storage if this is normalized (which it should be)
Yeah, it's a shame I don't live a a first world country, I would gladly pay 8usd per month to keep a 2TB cloud storage so we can store our stuff there and do tests. But where I live a salary is just 100usd lol Anyways, before this gets normalized we need to find a good point of balance between resolution and quality, no need for 2K images... I hope.

Panda_Venom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just dumped the Digital Devil Saga's intro FMV, its 3974 frames. If I upscale them to 2x only, and convert them to DXT1, than it's almost 2GB. Not good, not terrible. A complete Xenosaga would be 40-50GB or more. :D

• Wow
Reactions: CoomerGamer

evanft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dumped the Digital Devil Saga's intro FMV, its 3974 frames. If I upscale them to 2x only, and convert them to DXT1, than it's almost 2GB. Not good, not terrible. A complete Xenosaga would be 40-50GB or more. :D

I knew putting all my emu stuff on a 4tb SSD was the right move.

Plaidray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thats for about 5 min intro 2GB.
I would defintly put FMV upscales as optional because that would be too much to download.
Cant imagine how big Onimusha Dawn of Dreams can be ,because all almost all cutscenes in the game are FMV

KevinMI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thats for about 5 min intro 2GB.
I would defintly put FMV upscales as optional because that would be too much to download.
Cant imagine how big Onimusha Dawn of Dreams can be ,because all almost all cutscenes in the game are FMV
For games with less than a minute intro like (for a really good example) the intro from DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, this can be a really good idea for those type of FMVs

ales3546

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Does this allow for videos with different codecs? If so there shouldn't be much issue with space since you can just use the most efficient codecs out there (H.265 & VP9 come to mind)

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Does this allow for videos with different codecs? If so there shouldn't be much issue with space since you can just use the most efficient codecs out there (H.265 & VP9 come to mind)
FMV Dumping in PCSX2 is hacky, it dumps individual frames, not the MP4. even if you converted the images to MP4, the emulator only allows images for replacements, that is why storage is an issue.

Reactions: ales3546

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: