Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
so im trying to extract an update and i put the command line in and this shows up....any one whats up?

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 244

imnotashinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm spoofed to 5.5 using the guide on page 1.
I then had trouble updating smash (1.71gb total size, 51 app files, using NUSgrabber) using wupinstaller or exploit.wiiubrew with a 2GB SANDISK MICROSD.
I switched to a 16GB TOSHIBA MICROSD and I left it for an hour and it worked.
The update is 1,702MB on the Wii U.
I keep getting a prompt to please wait while it updates when I start smash, disc version.
It fails because of the Tubehax DNS.
However, I can't play after the update process fails.
I used to be able to play after the update fails before I did any of the above while on 5.3.2 in system menu (I'm still on 5.3.2 really).
Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
" This page can't be indicated".
It can't be downloaded, so I want you to prepare other ones.
if you need Version.bin, you can download it from NUS :
JP version : 0005001010041000
5.5.0 is v528
so you can use
Code:
Nusgrabber 0005001010041000 528

don't decrypt the file, install them with WUPinstaller.

That's only the JPN, don't use the wrong region!
JPN : 00050010-10041000
USA : 00050010-10041100
EUR : 00050010-10041200

Reactions: paulloeduardo

CPCM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you need Version.bin, you can download it from NUS :
JP version : 0005001010041000
5.5.0 is v528
so you can use
Code:
Nusgrabber 0005001010041000 528

don't decrypt the file, install them with WUPinstaller.

That's only the JPN, don't use the wrong region!
JPN : 00050010-10041000
USA : 00050010-10041100
EUR : 00050010-10041200
Thanks.
I'll try.

starjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who cares, I had a hard time updating splatoon disc to 2.4.0 using WUPInstaller but finally got it to work. I have 5.3.2.

1. Using NUSGrabber get splatoon, for US update (NUSgrabber.exe 0005000E10176900)
2. copy all content of the subfolder 0005000E10176900 into a SD card folder called install. ( I made sure my sdcard was empty and just had the install folder only).
3. put card into wii u
4. hard turn off wii u and turn back on.
5. goto http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/ and click on Kernel link, it should run the exploit with no issue
6. go back and click on WUP Installer on the same page, it should return to wii u menu
7. do step #6 again
8. WAIT until the wii u shuts off automatically (my timer is set to 1 hour)

NOTES:
1. I tried the above with a newer 8gb microsd card I bought recently and it didn't work. But with a older 2GB microsd card, it worked. odd.
2. I was impatient one time and I thought after 30 min it would be done but it was incomplete, so I decided to just wait till the wii u shutdown automatically and it worked fine.
3. I tried kernel exploits on another site + running WUP installer on exploit.wiiubrew.net and it didn't work
4. I tried kernel exploits on another site + running official wupinstaller.com/wi and it didn't work

hope it helps someone.

Reactions: EpicLPer

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can I get into the eShop using NNU Patcher while I still have the update domains blocked?
I mean without having to re-enable the blocked domains

KiseDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday I wanted to apply the lastest MK8 EUR update on my Loadiine backup but I couldn't. I have used NUSGrabber and NUSGrabberGUI a few times, but haven't got any problems until yesterday.

First, I had a tiny issue with NUSGrabberGUI. The "Game Updates" tab isn't showing the region of the updates, so I can't choose the one I want (screenshot). Redownloading the utility doesn't solve it.

I tried it with the command line version of NUSGrabber, and I updated Donkey Kong: TF without any problems. Then I dowloaded the Mario Kart 8 EUR update using "0005000E1010ED00" as title ID. I used CDecrypt on the resultant files, and then I overwrote the "code" and "content" folders on the backup with the updated ones. But when I ran the backup with Loadiine I got a white screen where nothing happened.

If anyone knows why this happens I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by KiseDC,

KiseDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice.

Now I'm reading the compatibility list and it says that the MK8 updates doesn't work with the Mii Maker exploit. I'm using it because the Smash Bros one redirects me to the Mii Maker app since I spoofed my WiiU to 5.5.0. How can I solve this?

Mr_P

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice.

Now I'm reading the compatibility list and it says that the MK8 updates doesn't work with the Mii Maker exploit. I'm using it because the Smash Bros one redirects me to the Mii Maker app since I spoofed my WiiU to 5.5.0. How can I solve this?

Not sure if this helps you, I have a EUR Wii and am MK8 without updates fine. If you are not able to run it at all, try this

Here's what I do:
  1. Go to the browser and to exploit.wiiubrew.net
  2. Select multi-kernel, and keep trying until it says exploit successful
  3. If that works, press B to install the loadiine kernel
  4. Go back to exploit.wiiubrew.net, select loadiine 4.0
  5. Press A
  6. Select the game and press X
  7. Play!
Credit to "Fraret" for helping me with this.

NOTE: I have used the original MK8 install without updates

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Not sure if this helps you, I have a EUR Wii and am MK8 without updates fine. If you are not able to run it at all, try this

Here's what I do:
  5. Press A
  7. Play!

I know I sound like a noob here now but... Any "real good" explanation on how to dump current disc-based games? Not going to ask where to download them since that's illegal of course...

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know I sound like a noob here now but... Any "real good" explanation on how to dump current disc-based games? Not going to ask where to download them since that's illegal of course...
Dump the content with GDN and the RPX+RPL with Dumpiine. You can't dump wud's yet, but that may be possible with the IOSU-Exploit.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

KiseDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Here's what I do:
  5. Press A
  7. Play!

Hey man, I appreciate your help, but I know how to launch backups :P

Currently I'm using MK8 without updates because it's the only version that works with Loadiine + Mii Maker method (I noticed that reading the compatibility list), but it should work updated using the Smash Bros method.

But sadly I cannot manage to run Loadiine via Smash Bros. It redirects me to the Mii Maker when I press the "A" button. I don't know if this happened to anyone else before, or if it's just my console.

Last edited by KiseDC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference