I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just curious, why the "preview" suffix?
Because it isn't ready for release yet, it is only for testing (public beta).

I've tried the 4.0 Preview as a Wiiflow plugin and it autobooted all my NTSC games just fine, except for all my PAL games.
With Pal games it either hangs like you said, or it's a black screen with controls not responding. If I press the power button to shut off the wii, a code dump message appears.
Same issue here. PAL games now takes a extremely LONG time for load or even they don't boot, even with BIOS.
Also, the only PAL games that work on this, when playing it causes instant crash randomly (ex. Vib-Ribbon PAL crashed at first LOADING screen)

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Because it isn't ready for release yet, it is only for testing (public beta).

Same issue here. PAL games now takes a extremely LONG time for load or even they don't boot, even with BIOS.
Also, the only PAL games that work on this, when playing it causes instant crash randomly (ex. Vib-Ribbon PAL crashed at first LOADING screen)
You and your Vib-Ribbon, hehehehe. Read below.

I've tried the 4.0 Preview as a Wiiflow plugin and it autobooted all my NTSC games just fine, except for all my PAL games.
With Pal games it either hangs like you said, or it's a black screen with controls not responding. If I press the power button to shut off the wii, a code dump message appears.

@niuus If I try to load a PAL game from Wiisxrx's interface, it loads, but it takes up several minutes to launch. then everything is like in slowmotion (like 1 or 2 fps). With latest WiiSX every pal game is playing at the correct speed (at 50 FPS ofcourse).
Pal games troubles aside, I want to compliment with you for this great release. Now even the problems I've always had with the Classic Controller are gone, now it's immediately recognized and working.
Just curious, why the "preview" suffix? Apart from this issue with Pal games it seems really perfect, so I was curious if you're planning to add something else
Hi Tetsuo. You didn't state a single game by name, nor the file format, leaving us to guess.

Not sure about Wiiflow, but I have a few PAL games here to load some seconds and test every once in a while. I even deleted some NTSC to copy some PAL files just to check. X2 loads with no complaints to gameplay. Bloody Roar - Hyper Beast Duel works 100% perfect, played some rounds. Bloody Roar 2 - Bringer of the New Age works with slowdowns (as every 60/50 fps game on Wii), but perfect, played some rounds too. Zero Divide, Zero Divide 2, Earthworm Jim 2, Herc's Adventures (France), Omega Assault, Raiden Project (adjust display in settings for the game to look correctly), Rapid Reload, all working 100% perfect. Mixed BIN and PBP files were used. No crashes, no hangs, no "random" instant crashes.

As mentioned before, compatibility will shift around because of the dynarec. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal, it will improve. previous builds also changed some things and will always be available (i.e: if you want to play Oddworld games, you need 3.3). That's why it is a "Preview", for people to preview the next big thing for PS1 on Wii. Anyway, I've left a digital gift for you and those interested in the first post, that's a ninja'ed refreshed build with some changes.

Tested SOTN in it, works almost full speed but audio still has some tiny crackling and every 6-8 seconds, frame stuttering.
This seems like an incorrect/false/incomplete report. I went ahead and loaded the game, cranked up the speakers volume. I even turned on Dithering Always like a madman, just to stress it. Besides some small audio hiccups in the Save selection screen only, and then the soundtrack sounding like the masterpiece it is, I didn't have a single frame dropped or frame stuttering in gameplay, from game start to killing the 1st boss, with the transition to the Game Over screen being the only exception with drops.

I have a idea unsure if it's possible or not but Analogue Spoofing so we can use analogue as D-pad as an alternative I've seen it done with other emu's before
Why? Doesn't make any sense to me using the dpad as an analogue.

Games that use digital allow to use only the Dpad and analogue can't be used as a Dpad and if setting to analogue is turned on in a Digital only game the pad doesn't work at all but being able to use Analogue stick for all games would be neat
Ummm... you can already map the 4 digital directions to any of the sticks, ever since the very first release in 2020, and even before that. That gives you access to using analogue stick as dpad in 100% of the games without using Analog Mode. :wacko:

Last edited by niuus,

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
You and your Vib-Ribbon, hehehehe. Read below.

Hi Tetsuo. You didn't state a single game by name, nor the file format, leaving us to guess.

Not sure about Wiiflow, but I have a few PAL games here to load some seconds and test every once in a while. I even deleted some NTSC to copy some PAL files just to check. X2 loads with no complaints to gameplay. Bloody Roar - Hyper Beast Duel works 100% perfect, played some rounds. Bloody Roar 2 - Bringer of the New Age works with slowdowns (as every 60/50 fps game on Wii), but perfect, played some rounds too. Zero Divide, Zero Divide 2, Earthworm Jim 2, Herc's Adventures (France), Omega Assault, Raiden Project (adjust display in settings for the game to look correctly), Rapid Reload, all working 100% perfect. Mixed BIN and PBP files were used.

As mentioned before, compatibility will shift around because of the dynarec. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal, it will improve. previous builds also changed some things and will always be available (i.e: if you want to play Oddworld games, you need 3.3). That's why it is a "Preview", for people to preview the next big thing for PS1 on Wii. Anyway, I've left a digital gift for you and those interested in the first post, that's a ninja'ed refreshed build with some changes.

This seems like an incorrect/false/incomplete report. I went ahead and loaded the game, cranked up the speakers volume. I even turned on Dithering Always like a madman, just to stress it. Besides some small audio hiccups in the Save selection screen only, and then the soundtrack sounding like the masterpiece it is, I didn't have a single frame dropped or frame stuttering in gameplay, from game start to killing the 1st boss, with the transition to the Game Over screen being the only exception with drops.

Why? Doesn't make any sense to me using the dpad as an analogue.

Ummm... you can already map the 4 digital directions to any of the sticks, ever since the very first release in 2020, and even before that. That gives you access to using analogue stick as dpad in 100% of the games without using Analog Mode. :wacko:
Fair enough but is it posible to have Dpad and analogue to be both used if analogue isn't enabled i'm asking because sometimes I play a game that supports analogue and then when i go to a game that doesn't I need to revert to digital as can't navigate at all
Also anyone who wants cheats I can confirm Action replay cd select your cheats and swap disc works perfectly tried and tested in RE2 DS edition and 40 Winks However RE2 did originally crash think it may of been i acidentally had 1 code active for claire while using leon disc overall works great

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Fair enough but is it posible to have Dpad and analogue to be both used if analogue isn't enabled i'm asking because sometimes I play a game that supports analogue and then when i go to a game that doesn't I need to revert to digital as can't navigate at all
Also anyone who wants cheats I can confirm Action replay cd select your cheats and swap disc works perfectly tried and tested in RE2 DS edition and 40 Winks However RE2 did originally crash think it may of been i acidentally had 1 code active for claire while using leon disc overall works great
A 4 seconds change is not exactly what I would call a big problem, to be honest. You are already changing the game and inside the menu. There's also the convenience of profiles for quick swaps. If it wasn't for tests, I wouldn't even use that feature, as the Wii U Pro gives me all the buttons needed. N64 on the other hand does have a big need for it and I use it frequently, just wishing it could reach at least 9 slots instead of 4.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recently tried Alundra (I'm a big Action RPG fan) and I was getting 34 seconds loading times when entering/exiting rooms.

I know you recommended to go back to previous version if anything weird happened, but I honestly lost all interest in Alundra after playing Secret of Mana.

Alundra 1 NTSC in 4.0 Preview via USB and USB Slot 1 in Wii if anyone is interested.

Last edited by JuanMena,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Then why in the living hell does that happens to me, i have two Nintendo Wiis, Normal and Mini, the Normal one is the one that hiccups ps1 emulation ever 2 minutes with 5-8 second pauses, while running mostly fine on the Mini but cosntant awful pausing on mgba emulation to the point i fear it ruin the USB, and yes, both loaded via USB, SD on my regular white Wii and both are FAT32.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then why in the living hell does that happens to me, i have two Nintendo Wiis, Normal and Mini, the Normal one is the one that hiccups ps1 emulation ever 2 minutes with 5-8 second pauses, while running mostly fine on the Mini but cosntant awful pausing on mgba emulation to the point i fear it ruin the USB, and yes, both loaded via USB, SD on my regular white Wii and both are FAT32.
Ah yes... had that issue before.
New versions of both WiiSXRX and WiiStation are doing this:

View attachment 346064

Anyone else having this problem?
It's not just Klonoa, but every single ISO I have.

If not, might just assume it's bad iso or something.

Redownloaded my ISOS from another site and that fixed it.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I recently tried Alundra (I'm a big Action RPG fan) and I was getting 34 seconds loading times when entering/exiting rooms.

I know you recommended to go back to previous version if anything weird happened, but I honestly lost all interest in Alundra after playing Secret of Mana.

Alundra 1 NTSC in 4.0 Preview via USB and USB Slot 1 in Wii if anyone is interested.
Ah yes... had that issue before.

Redownloaded my ISOS from another site and that fixed it.
Use 3.1, 3.2-FS, or 3.3-FS for Alundra.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
X2 loads with no complaints to gameplay.
@niuus

For me on latest preview 4.0 the game X2 - No Relief (PAL) is still glitchy.

1680485733929.png

Am I doing something wrong, or did i made a bad guess about your comment of X2?

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus

For me on latest preview 4.0 the game X2 - No Relief (PAL) is still glitchy.

View attachment 362817

Am I doing something wrong, or did i made a bad guess about your comment of X2?
Nope, I said it loads, not works, in regards to @Tetsuo Shima and you commenting that all PAL games were affected. What I wanted to bring to light is that it wasn't the case. Never announced X2 as a working title yet.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Nope, I said it loads, not works, in regards to @Tetsuo Shima and you commenting that all PAL games were affected. What I wanted to bring to light is that it wasn't the case. Never announced X2 as a working title yet.
OK, thanks for aclaration.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're right @niuus upon futher testings, I see that not all PAL games behave the same way.
I should've waited a little longer after the black screens, because after some minutes the games are starting, but not always in a playable state. Surprisingly, I've found that also a few NTSC games are not working as expected.
It must be noted, however, that the very same games are all running with no issues with the latest WiiSX compiled by @SaulFabre , both PAL and NTSC. With WiiSX all Pal games booted normally, no long waiting.
On RX 4.0 there is indeed an issue that only affects PAL games, but not always with the same grade of severity.
I wasn't expecting this difference, though. I thought compatibility was the same between RX 4.0 and WiiSX.
All my games are in various files formats: .cue+single .bin; .cue+multiple .bin's, .img
Ok let's add some details:
PAL:
Alundra: slow booting time, but it works perfect after that
Final Fantasy 8: black screen and crash dump
Final Fantasy 9: takes a long time to boot, first cutscene starts in slowmotion, then audio and video return to normal
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver: takes a very long time to boot, but it works perfect after that
Metal Gear Solid: starts at 6,45 FPS, after the first screen (anti piracy disclaimer) then after several minutes of black screen, the intro starts playing at normal speed, but within a minute everything is back in slowmotion.
Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee: runs at correct speed, but many graphical glitches
Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus: runs at correct speed, but many graphical glitches
Resident Evil 2: very long time to boot (several minutes), but the intro plays perfect after that. Once at the title screen it's back in slowmotion and controller inputs are not recognized.
Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis: very long time to boot, but it works perfect after that
Spyro 3 year of the dragon: long booting time, title screen starts in slowmotion. After some minutes it begins to play at the correct speed, then the screen starts flickering like hell and it finally crashes with a stack dump.
Tomb Raider 2: slow booting time, but it works perfect after that

NTSC:
70's Anime Robot Geppy-X
Ape Escape
Armored Core

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Brave Fencer Musashi
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV Uncensored
Castlevania SOTN
Chrono Cross
Colin McRae Rally 2.0
Crash Bandicoot 2
Disney's Hercules - Action Game
Doom

Einhander: black screen, no signs of life even after a long wait. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Fade to Black
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gran Turismo 2 - Simulation Mode
GTA 2
Gundam Battle Assault
Gundam Battle Assault 2
Harvest Moon - Back to Nature
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver
Marvel VS Capcom - Clash of super heroes
Macross - Do You Remember Love
Medievil
Mega Man x4
Mega Man x5
Mega Man x6
Metal Slug X
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Nightmare Creatures: black screen, no signs of life even after a long wait. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Omega Boost: black screen, no signs of life even after a long wait. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Pandemonium!
R-Type Delta
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 2 - Dualshock edition
Ridge Racer Type 4
Silent Hill
Skullmonkeys
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage
Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Strider 2
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Tomba! 2
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 4
Vagrant Story

Warcraft 2: a few glitches in the Blizzard logo animation. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Xenogears

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You're right @niuus upon futher testings, I see that not all PAL games behave the same way.
I should've waited a little longer after the black screens, because after some minutes the games are starting, but not always in a playable state. Surprisingly, I've found that also a few NTSC games are not working as expected.
It must be noted, however, that the very same games are all running with no issues with the latest WiiSX compiled by @SaulFabre , both PAL and NTSC. With WiiSX all Pal games booted normally, no long waiting.
On RX 4.0 there is indeed an issue that only affects PAL games, but not always with the same grade of severity.
I wasn't expecting this difference, though. I thought compatibility was the same between RX 4.0 and WiiSX.
All my games are in various files formats: .cue+single .bin; .cue+multiple .bin's, .img
Ok let's add some details:
PAL:
Alundra: slow booting time, but it works perfect after that
Final Fantasy 8: black screen and crash dump
Final Fantasy 9: takes a long time to boot, first cutscene starts in slowmotion, then audio and video return to normal
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver: takes a very long time to boot, but it works perfect after that
Metal Gear Solid: starts at 6,45 FPS, after the first screen (anti piracy disclaimer) then after several minutes of black screen, the intro starts playing at normal speed, but within a minute everything is back in slowmotion.
Resident Evil 2: very long time to boot (several minutes), but the intro plays perfect after that. Once at the title screen it's back in slowmotion and controller inputs are not recognized.
Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis: very long time to boot, but it works perfect after that
Spyro 3 year of the dragon: long booting time, title screen starts in slowmotion. After some minutes it begins to play at the correct speed, then the screen starts flickering like hell and it finally crashes with a stack dump.
Tomb Raider 2: slow booting time, but it works perfect after that

NTSC:
70's Anime Robot Geppy-X
Ape Escape
Armored Core

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Brave Fencer Musashi
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV Uncensored
Castlevania SOTN
Chrono Cross
Colin McRae Rally 2.0
Crash Bandicoot 2
Disney's Hercules - Action Game
Doom

Einhander: black screen, no signs of life even after a long wait. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Fade to Black
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gran Turismo 2 - Simulation Mode
GTA 2
Gundam Battle Assault
Gundam Battle Assault 2
Harvest Moon - Back to Nature
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver
Marvel VS Capcom - Clash of super heroes
Macross - Do You Remember Love
Medievil
Mega Man x4
Mega Man x5
Mega Man x6
Metal Slug X
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Nightmare Creatures: black screen, no signs of life even after a long wait. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Omega Boost: black screen, no signs of life even after a long wait. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Pandemonium!
R-Type Delta
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 2 - Dualshock edition
Ridge Racer Type 4
Silent Hill
Skullmonkeys
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage
Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Strider 2
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Tomba! 2
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 4
Vagrant Story

Warcraft 2: a few glitches in the Blizzard logo animation. This is working perfect on WiiSX
Xenogears
I'm assuming that you completely omitted my comment about the refresh build, which fixed Nightmare Creatures and likely some/all of the PAL games that had the booting time issue in your setup.

Surprisingly, I've found that also a few NTSC games are not working as expected.
As I already stated in the past, here, and here.... it's normal.

Told you in the same post, for now, those games work in RX 3.3 only.

So atm, we need to jump around 3 emulators, WiiSX (new beta relaunch) WiiSX RX and Wiistation.
So, what's the issue?

Last edited by niuus,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm assuming that you completely omitted my comment about the refresh build, which fixed Nightmare Creatures and likely some/all of the PAL games that had the booting time issue.
Uhm well actually I completely missed the download link. I can't find any new build in the 1st post, or did you mean I have to redownload the 4.0 preview?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7