ROM Hack what you want translated

Status
Not open for further replies.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone wanna try their hand at translating the "Party Speak" dialogue for DQ4 (in plain english, don't worry about the accents, see my other thread) and I'll try to put it back into the game? It's about a 1 megabyte script, so not an quick job...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gukid said:
Anyone wanna try their hand at translating the "Party Speak" dialogue for DQ4 (in plain english, don't worry about the accents, see my other thread) and I'll try to put it back into the game? It's about a 1 megabyte script, so not an quick job...
couldn't you just rip it out of the (E) release?

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
couldn't you just rip it out of the (E) release?
No - it was completely removed from the European release. Apparently they were too lazy to translate it.

Zagger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inazuma elven
frown.gif
just want that to finish...
Apart from that, all major games that wont be coming out of japan
tongue.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can I put my vote towards Zoids: saga DS. I know no one else is going to vote for it but me but he worth a try.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Something to all the people who are requesting these translations:
Can't you guys at least spend the time to try to learn romhacking?
I mean - changing texts is easy. What I'm doing for the Ys DS translation is really not hard.
If you understand how to use a hex editor, that's a whole lot of translation right there.
go to romhacking.net, read up the beginner's tutorial, and ask ME if you have any questions. I'll feel free to answer questions that has to do with rom hacking. I'm not as great as Darthnemesis, KC, deufeufeu, FAST etc etc and I do not have a great programming knowledge, but at least I can help on translating with a hex editor.

you guys seriously should spend time actually trying to do some translations yourself, and then you'll figure out why requests get very annoying.

You guys are like
"Hey blizzard, can you make a starcraft 3?"

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
Man I really hope someone does Taiko no Tatsujin 1 + 2 cause they're just so addictively fun. I've played the Japanese arcade one and it's like the most fun ever. Lucky I had my Japanesefriend who can speak english cause otherwise your mostly flying blind in the menus, too bad I suck at Japanese eh.

PhillipDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I completely AGREE with the guy above me, that's probably one of the best games ever, but Square-Enix's indecision about bringing it overseas is really frustrating >_

boojumz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm...i'm looking for some other game to translate other than Tales of the Tempest, something in which i won't encounter anything that's as annoying as the stupid tott font problems (i'm still searching around those files, but i still need to learn how to do other stuff too...). basically, i need more experience, and i'm looking for another ds game to learn from (i dunno...snes and gba games seem a heckuva lot easier than nds games...pointers are obvious, scripts are simple...whatever...).
i don't know japanese, so the most i could do is find pointers, dump scripts and maybe a few menu translations. if anyone has a game they want translated (preferably something that's very unlikely to have any form of compression), convince me, and i might try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1