WonderSwan (Color) games that NEED an English translation.

• Thread starter SDA
  • Start date
  • Views 10,638
  • Replies 25
  • Likes 1

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For those who didn't notice there's an addendum patch to the English translation of Front Mission on RHDN! Now the game is fully playable.

Do you believe the WonderSwan Color version of the game could be translated as well?
To be precise, it is a tactical rpg game, which had been translated entirely by the legendary Gideon Zhi (AGTP) many years ago. In addition, the official english version of the same game, slightly modified and adapted to the NDS, was already available. The WS version is graphically inferior, and I fear no one will translate it, especially if gameplay and storyline are identical.

Edit: Correction. AGTP had translated F.M: Gun Hazard. My bad.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I think title what may be translated is port of Romancing SaGa which was released back in 2002 we already have translated original snes version so maybe script port may be a option

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AGTP had translated F.M: Gun Hazard. My bad.
I'm glad you corrected yourself, because the original Front Mission for SNES was translated way back in 2001 by F.H. and the Front Mission Translation Project team.

What about Front Mission 2, which was released for the PlayStation? We only have a crappy English translation by Front Mission 5 Team that doesn't even work on real hardware.

Last edited by SDA,
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What about Front Mission 2, which was released for the PlayStation? We only have a crappy English translation by Front Mission 5 Team that doesn't even work on real hardware.
Yeah, it's one of my favorites. I played it, in eboot format, on my PSP: I was too disappointed that the dialogues, before and after missions, were not translated. They also did not even implement a proportional font, but used the existing, ludicrous one: unfortunately a precarious, rough beginner's job.
I always hoped in vain that someone competent would take over the project and finish it in a more professional way, but it will be very unlikely. Too bad.

Reactions: SDA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch