Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

mrripply

Trophies
XP
Country
If you spoof to 5.5.0, update your games with wup installer instead of the console only, and change the dns settings to use tubehax, you can use discs to play online fine.

You can not reverse/undo/downgrade the spoof, as it updates a single system title. You should be able to update to official 5.5.0 if you really wanted to, or so it's been said. (I have not done it myself.)

Thank you for the reply, so correct me if im wrong here, im going to use splatoon as an example, if i spoof the firmware to 5.5.0 then my son can play splatoon from the disc even though im still on 5.3.2 once i block updates am i right? im not worried about updating as id like to stay at this firmware for the obvious reason, im just afraid of doing this now and my son not being able to play his games i got him for xmas!!

Thanks again

Reactions: mark.m.moran

bartoruiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Warning: Never use BOTH at the same time!

Would you mind to explain why?, BOTH should work at the same time and without issues.

IMO, the ammount of security added by CCproxy is negligible compared to the complexity and time to setup; AND with CCProxy you need your computer turned on all the time. Yet CCproxy is not completely safe(nothing is) as you claim, is just "safer?".

Last edited by bartoruiz,
Reactions: MattKimura

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone has info on firmware version of this Mario Kart bundle http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-3dba/k2-_8470e03d-bd03-409c-82dc-de782102623d.v1.jpg ? This is not the same Mario Kart that is listed on the OP because it doesn't include the Wii Wheel or Wii Remote Plus Controller. This is different from popular Mario Kart bundle because it includes Nintendo Land.
Please help me with this. A local mom & pop game store has 1 of this brand new. They can only hold this for me until the end of Wednesday. Please help!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things, great guide and 69 pages...
That's why I try to condense not only the info of this thread, but of most Wii U hacking threads into the OP, so you don't have to read all 70+ pages ;)

@fiveighteen Blocking Nintendo updates should be classified as two different ways:

1. Easy to setup, but not completely safe since it relies on others: Tubehax DNS

2. Takes a bit to setup, but completely safe since you're the host: CCProxy

While Tubehax DNS works, anything can happen someday with it being down and whatnot. So for more security, CCproxy is the safest route to go.
Using THIS GUIDE you can manually setup your own proxy server on your computer. Blocks updates just fine and it's always safe.

Since Tubehax DNS is better than OpenDNS and most people prefer Tubehax DNS, OpenDNS is completely outruled. So it's just two choices, Tubehax DNS or CCProxy.
Warning: Never use BOTH at the same time!
Tgames said:
NOTE:
The Proxy setting is NOT always used to access internet.
The proxy setting is there to be used by applications which want to use it. Some applications (vWii, USBLoaders on vWii, Netflix once launched, etc.) are NOT using the proxy information and are connected to internet directly. They are completely ignoring this feature.

NOT ALL YOUR TRAFFIC will be filtered!!! Only part of it. Nintendo could even bypass proxy use to update the console if they feel like it in a future System version. Currently (up to 5.3.2, maybe 5.4.0) the proxy is used to access eshop and updates so you can filter updates with this tutorial.
Sounds safe... :unsure: Have faith in smea.

from what ive read splatton will update the wii u to the latest dash am i right?
Where did you read that? I haven't heard of any Splatoon reprints yet.

Thank you for the reply, so correct me if im wrong here, im going to use splatoon as an example, if i spoof the firmware to 5.5.0 then my son can play splatoon from the disc even though im still on 5.3.2 once i block updates am i right? im not worried about updating as id like to stay at this firmware for the obvious reason, im just afraid of doing this now and my son not being able to play his games i got him for xmas!!

Thanks again
Yes, you are correct with this. Use TubeHax DNS to block system updates, and WUP Installer to install game updates for the games you want to play online, and spoofing to 5.5.0 will allow you to play them online.

@fiveighteen
The splatoon + mario kart 8 bundle comes with 5.2.0
Pre-Installed Mario Kart 8 with download code for Splatoon? Isn't this a newer bundle? I'd be a little sketched out to pick this one up...

Please help me with this. A local mom & pop game store has 1 of this brand new. They can only hold this for me until the end of Wednesday. Please help!
Doesn't seem like anyone has picked this one up. It looks like it comes with physical discs though, which would be a good sign. Ask the store how long they've had it in stock. If it's been since June or earlier, you should be golden. If they don't know, I'd take the risk on it if you can confirm it's physical discs and not pre-installed.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I try to condense not only the info of this thread, but of most Wii U hacking threads into the OP, so you don't have to read all 70+ pages ;)

Yes, you are correct with this. Use TubeHax DNS to block system updates, and WUP Installer to install game updates for the games you want to play online, and spoofing to 5.5.0 will allow you to play them online.

Pre-Installed Mario Kart 8 with download code for Splatoon? Isn't this a newer bundle? I'd be a little sketched out to pick this one up...

Doesn't seem like anyone has picked this one up. It looks like it comes with physical discs though, which would be a good sign. Ask the store how long they've had it in stock. If it's been since June or earlier, you should be golden. If they don't know, I'd take the risk on it if you can confirm it's physical discs and not pre-installed.
Yeah. Also look like physical discs to me.

Copyright on the box is 2014.They said they had it since June 2015. Someone traded in this. Since they want offload it they do me a deal of $250 before tax, so basically same deal as Black Friday newer Mario Kart bundle. That's being said, they can only guarantee its availability for me til Wednesday.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Also look like physical discs to me.

Copyright on the box is 2014.They said they had it since June 2015. Someone traded in this. Since they want offload it they do me a deal of $250 before tax, so basically same deal as Black Friday newer Mario Kart bundle. That's being said, they can only guarantee its availability for me til Wednesday.
The only thing to be wary of is that 5.4.0 came out on June 8th, so if someone traded it in you'll have to hope they didn't update first.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

69, do you not get it?

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this. I was searching for a thread with up to date info on the current wii u hacking state. I am extremely interested in loadiine but was quite unsure how it all worked. Thanks again. This thread is pure amazing.

Reactions: fiveighteen

coen22

Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by coen22,

coke666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I bought a used WiiU on 5.3.2 and with vWii softmodded but I want to delete the user and I cant because of the password

If I format the WiiU, I will lose the homebrew channel? And the softmod?
I don't have any exploit games for the vWii softmod :(

tony6768

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have a mario party 10 and behind it's written :
WUP P ABAP
TSA-WUP-ABAP-FRA
Is it safe (to update to 5.3.2) or should i get a splatoon(no reprint exist) ?

Shavarath

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any update on a 5.5.0 Hack? Not all of us got the memo that we shouldnt update and would like to homebrew it up

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any update on a 5.5.0 Hack? Not all of us got the memo that we shouldnt update and would like to homebrew it up
"Not all of us" must have not done some reading before updating. :creep: The OP is constantly updated with the latest information, but to answer your question: nothing new to report.

Reactions: ldeveraux

Shavarath

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Not all of us" must have not done some reading before updating. :creep: The OP is constantly updated with the latest information, but to answer your question: nothing new to report.
/sadface wasnt watching this website for a long time so I missed the memo, just praying to god it doesnt take as long as the first Hack

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/sadface wasnt watching this website for a long time so I missed the memo, just praying to god it doesnt take as long as the first Hack
If you consider yourself just starting to wait as of this moment, you've skipped a lot of waiting already haha. I'd say were on the back 9. Patience is a virtue. Use TubeHax DNS in the meantime so you don't get pushed to the next FW when it drops.

Reactions: ldeveraux

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof