Hacking Need help finding out if my pre-owned Wii U is hacked

gabingus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I bought my first Wii U recently from a guy online and it arrived today, and on the surface it seemed like a vanilla console. Only games on it were 3D World and Nintendo Land, which both came with the console bundle. No CFW. No Homebrew Channel. No booting message. Clean vWii as well, seemingly never used. But then I noticed an SD card inserted, and when I checked, there were homebrew launcher and loadiine folders inside wiiu/apps, and a bunch of game folders inside wiiu/games (one of them with a "Dumped4UByCybernauts.txt" file in it) that aren't installed to the console, or at least not accessible via the home menu. Saves for each of those games as well. Is it possible that the console's hacked? The original owner has a NNID-linked profile that I can't access cause he forgot the password. Could the games and CFW be installed only on his account or something? I'm a bit of a noob to Wii U in general so bare with me, haha. Thank you!

Last edited by gabingus,

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very likely it is hacked.
so what is your intention for finding out the answer? Will you ask a refund?
I mean, if the console itself is functional, then hacked or not is not that important, especially if you too are planning to hack it for using sth. like pretendo network beginning next month.

gabingus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very likely it is hacked.
so what is your intention for finding out the answer? Will you ask a refund?
I mean, if the console itself is functional, then hacked or not is not that important, especially if you too are planning to hack it for using sth. like pretendo network beginning next month.
I was more worried that something could happen when I performed a factory reset, since I'd heard of a hack method that could brick the console in the process. Do you think it could be the case?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like loadiine for me. Quite possible he just launched it from the browser exploit without modifying anything on the console.
In the Wii U Browser you can go to u.wiidb.de, click on haxx and see what happens. It won't modify anything on your console and after a reboot it will be back to normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto