• Views 423,628
  • Replies 1,671

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
I've completed -every- famous and interesting ds games...even the ones that suck..so tell me which ones are those lol?

No you don't, you probably missed Coropata and many others like everyone...

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
junker_man32 said:
power level is rising.... oh the crack has warn off now.....it shall be calm now..i have acheived my goal for now.

Get lost. You are more of a spammer than me.
smileipb2.png

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just wanted to say that you guys are doing great work on the patch! However, in the update, I (as many others have) noticed that the subtitles are backwards. I realize that it is sung backwards in japanese, but japanese characters are much easier to read backwards. It literally took me almost a minute to figure out what that said. If the subtitles are going to be run in real time, it will be incredibly difficult for people (or at least me) to read everything there.

Might I also suggest that you make the subtitles on by default? Otherwise people might miss the first few lines. If it was on by default, people could just hit select as soon as they saw the words pop up, no harm done. That, and the fact that I imagine most people will want to see the subtitles.

But once again, great work!!!

D

Deleted-134647

OP
The Japanese is actually more difficult backwards since the characters are all printed in English in the lyrics. It would be total nonsense unless deconstructed. Still, I have considered simply putting the English text in without reversing it. It's something that's still under consideration.

The first three lines consist of the backwards text repeated three times. So I'm not that worried if people miss it. In my mind, the video is more important than the song. I just wanted to have the option there for those who wanted to see absolutely everything translated. My impression is that more people would want them off by default, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
throughhim413 said:
The Japanese is actually more difficult backwards since the characters are all printed in English in the lyrics. It would be total nonsense unless deconstructed. Still, I have considered simply putting the English text in without reversing it. It's something that's still under consideration.

The first three lines consist of the backwards text repeated three times. So I'm not that worried if people miss it. In my mind, the video is more important than the song. I just wanted to have the option there for those who wanted to see absolutely everything translated. My impression is that more people would want them off by default, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's taking a little longer to have this game translated but the translation will be 100% perfect just like an official release from a publisher. That's what matters, thanks for this amazing and professional job guys.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
throughhim413 said:

Hmm... Maybe if it's backwards you shouldn't put subs over it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hisiru said:
throughhim413 said:

It's taking a little longer to have this game translated but the translation will be 100% perfect just like an official release from a publisher. That's what matters, thanks for this amazing and professional job guys.

+1 to this, can't wait. looks great, thanx guys

icezmaster77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah you stop complaining you so.. ffff. if u really hate games. or hate world. you shoud best try kill your self or,, fck. your mom. stupid moron your more spammer i always see u complain in forum always whining.. like a cry baby.. u jerk i dont care if im ban, just stop whining. ok. for only game.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
icezmaster77 said:
Inunah you stop complaining you so.. ffff. if u really hate games. or hate world. you shoud best try kill your self or,, fck. your mom. stupid moron your more spammer i always see u complain in forum always whining.. like a cry baby.. u jerk i dont care if im ban, just stop whining. ok. for only game.
Okay so i'm so ffff? What's that supposed to mean? And you should really fix your grammar, I almost thought you were speaking greek.

What do you mean by "ok. for only game."? And how can I be a "more spammer"?

Seriously, as I said once before. Grammar is important if you want people to understand your insults.

EDIT: By the way, don't send me a PM if you can't get a PM back. >.>

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
icezmaster77 said:

Dito.
In every thread i read your whining posts and it really pisses me off.
Your worse than a woman, an i know what i´m talking 'bout.
If there are more people like you here in this forum i deadly understand why so many projects were canceled.
But i hope, although there are so much jerks out there, that this project will be finished. just ignore them anyway they're not worth the anger.

oh and if you complain about my grammar, forst I#m a german, and second i don't use my formal or standard english for people lie you, Inunah, so don't try to tell me about my grammar or english.
Finish flaming. ~

And to say something to this topic or theme:
I can wait for the translation
smile.gif

It's 100 percent worth the waiting =)
Take your time and make a good translation to show all that a project can be finished x)
Thank you very much, Absolute Zero!

Greetings
Arisa

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Do not feed the trolls"

I can't imagine what Namco was thinking when they decided not bring the game to the West.
The DS has too many RPGs, but it also means that there is a large audience for it, and an RPG of this size would certainly stand out...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MG4M3R said:
I can't imagine what Namco was thinking when they decided not bring the game to the West.
The DS has too many RPGs, but it also means that there is a large audience for it, and an RPG of this size would certainly stand out...

Tales was never a strong series in the US. We've had releases here but it's never been as popular as it is in Japan. It would be illogical for Namco to constantly release games that aren't selling well here, especially when they've got a strong enough fanbase in Japan. A few weaboos and Tales fanboys won't start a localization.

On the other hand, great translation teams can practically unofficially localize it
smile.gif

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
MG4M3R said:

Tales was never a strong series in the US. We've had releases here but it's never been as popular as it is in Japan. It would be illogical for Namco to constantly release games that aren't selling well here, especially when they've got a strong enough fanbase in Japan. A few weaboos and Tales fanboys won't start a localization.

On the other hand, great translation teams can practically unofficially localize it
smile.gif

This is very true, my sis got lucky and scored eternia here. Which was a stroke of luck if you ask me.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
throughhim413 said:
My impression is that more people would want them off by default, but maybe I'm wrong.

Actually, having subtitles on by default would be cool, since someone booting the game for the first time would immediately see the subbed opening and experience how much effort you put in the project. It makes a great first impression.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
throughhim413 said:
The Japanese is actually more difficult backwards since the characters are all printed in English in the lyrics. It would be total nonsense unless deconstructed.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I know Chinese (the written language is almost identical to Japanese in many cases) and written characters are much easier to read backwards than English words. This is because a character is "equivalent" to an entire word, not a letter. So it you wanted to have it backwards, the best method would be to have the letters in every word go form left to right, but then have the arrangement of the words go from right to left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rinse, repeat.