Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Shendel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have a problem with launching the program itself on Windows 10. Yesterday I download and launch it for the first time and it work well for a first game. But for a second one I had an error so I canceled the injection and since then the application won't start at all (when i double click on it just nothing happen). I already tried installing the last .NET Framework version and update java but it still don't work. Any idea ?

Edit : Nevermind I figured it out

EDIT 2 :

I have an other problem now. I'm trying to build a two disc iso but in the middle of the building process i have an error (can't access disc2.iso). I Tried a lot of combination, I have my files rename game.iso and disc2.iso, I also tried to rename them game.gcm and disc2.gcm, put them in the source directory ("C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector") etc. but nothing worked, I always got the same error (can't access disc2.iso). Any idea ?

EDIT 3 : And I figured it out too

(Sorry if my english is bad).

Last edited by Shendel,

purplegreendave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any way for end user to debug the black screens on GC injects? Sometimes they boot 5 in a row, other times I can get 10 or 15 black screens without success. FWiW I downloaded Nintendont & generated the config bin using this tool, only have Memcard & Auto Width checkboxes selected.

Edit: I feel like this could almost be another post of itself but that would be 3 in a row from me. I've taken a few steps and had much better & more consistent results.

I've not tested every one of my games yet, but I've booted F-Zero GX, Beyond Good and Evil and Double Dash a combined 20 times and not got a single Black Screen yet. I did get one freeze from Double Dash, not sure why.

Here are the steps I took:
  1. Ran GCVerify on my ROM folder. Any ROMs that came back "Unfound" I got an alternative copy until it verified the md5.*
  2. Deleted the Nintendont config file, nincfg.bin, from the root of my SD*
  3. Re-Injected all my games. Downloaded Images from cucholix' Repo, adjusted the name in GamePad/Meta Options if necessary (no punctuation), checked Disable Autoboot. Left all other options unchecked.
  4. Installed with WUP Installer GX2. I've tried both USB and NAND both seemed to work fine.
  5. Booted a game
Booting a game will run the Nintendont app in vWii mode. Select SD (it's looking for the location the app, not your ROM). You'll be prompted to start the game with A or enter the settings page with B*. In the settings page I enabled Memcard Emulation, OSReport and Log*, set Memcard Blocks to 251. Everything else is off, except WiiU Widescreen, which I enable on a case by case basis*. Hit B again and it will bring you back to your game title. Start the game with A - Nintendont will generate a new config file now.

* Notes:
I'm not sure if #1 & 2 are entirely necessary. In fact I don't know which of these are necessary steps or not. These are just the steps that I took so if you want to try out my method here it is.

I initially enabled Debugger, OSReport and Log to see if I could investigate why I was getting Black Screens. It seems extremely unlikely that they've actually had a positive effect on my success rate but everything's working now so I don't want to change anything again.

If you're playing with the Wii U Gamepad, Nintendont can be navigated with it. Otherwise you have to use a WiiMote. Once in the game a (single) USB controller will work.

WiiU Widescreen mode I'm enabling/disabling base on these lists:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube_games_with_alternate_display_modes
It's enabled for native Widescreen games (F-Zero, Eternal Darkness), disabled otherwise (Smash, Double Dash)

Hope this can help some people

Last edited by purplegreendave,

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero Wii ports support the classic controller. Are those ports better to use for injects on Wii U or the gamecube originals and why?

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to overcome the Monster Hunter Tri inject issue?

Also how would I do it where I can put a japanese wii game on without having issues as I have a PAL wii U.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea why but I was able to install the games to my USB HDD using WUP Installer GX2 when I tried again yesterday. I tried renaming one folder to remove the game name I'd added to the start but that wasn't the problem, as I left another folder with the added name and they both installed without complaint.

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is it possible to install the Monster Tri Wii game through the injector without having the issue of freezing?

Also is there a way to bypass the region lock on wii games. So USA games can be played on a PAL Wii U? I saw a function mentioning PAL but there isn't much I can do. Can someone please explain if this is possible.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So is it possible to install the Monster Tri Wii game through the injector without having the issue of freezing?

Also is there a way to bypass the region lock on wii games. So USA games can be played on a PAL Wii U? I saw a function mentioning PAL but there isn't much I can do. Can someone please explain if this is possible.

I can't comment on Monster Hunter Tri, if this game works when injected, but I vaguely remember back in the day it was an IOS issue and you have to boot this game using the correct IOS? When injecting Wii VC, you can't select which IOS to boot in vWii. Why not inject this game yourself and see if it works.

As for USA games working on PAL WiiU console, out of all the USA games I've injected (unmodified ISO/WBFS), most works fine on EUR/PAL WiiU console without the need of any patching. It's always best practice to try and use your own region when injecting Wii games. Of course there will be game that are only released in USA or the USA version is superior than the PAL version.
In saying that, the only issue you will face if you use a USA version of a Wii game is that the inject will boot into black screen on a EUR/PAL WiiU console, this is due to the Video Modes that the devs coded into the game. If the game doesn't contain any PAL video modes, you will get black screen. Most of the USA games, PAL video modes are included, but for those games that haven't, what you can try is, under the ADVANCED tab in the injector, the option on the bottom of the screen: Patch video mode with Wii-VMC.... Tick this option and patch the video mode from NTSC to PAL, from my personal experience, this works 95% of the time, there are some that doesn't work, no matter what you try.

Reactions: DynastyVic

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't comment on Monster Hunter Tri, if this game works when injected, but I vaguely remember back in the day it was an IOS issue and you have to boot this game using the correct IOS? When injecting Wii VC, you can't select which IOS to boot in vWii. Why not inject this game yourself and see if it works.

As for USA games working on PAL WiiU console, out of all the USA games I've injected (unmodified ISO/WBFS), most works fine on EUR/PAL WiiU console without the need of any patching. It's always best practice to try and use your own region when injecting Wii games. Of course there will be game that are only released in USA or the USA version is superior than the PAL version.
In saying that, the only issue you will face if you use a USA version of a Wii game is that the inject will boot into black screen on a EUR/PAL WiiU console, this is due to the Video Modes that the devs coded into the game. If the game doesn't contain any PAL video modes, you will get black screen. Most of the USA games, PAL video modes are included, but for those games that haven't, what you can try is, under the ADVANCED tab in the injector, the option on the bottom of the screen: Patch video mode with Wii-VMC.... Tick this option and patch the video mode from NTSC to PAL, from my personal experience, this works 95% of the time, there are some that doesn't work, no matter what you try.

Would this work for even a Japanese english patch game?

Roly32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,
thanks for the script, very useful.

I can't play Melee on Wii U by the way, it gives me this error: 160-4792.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Id.

I did. That was the issue. It went on load and then stopped.

If the NTSC to PAL video mode patch still boots to black screen, then there is nothing you can do about it I'm afraid, this is only referring to Wii injects. The game (ISO/WBFS) will work fine in vWii mode using USB Loader GX.
Why does these games work in vWii modes using backup loaders such as USB Loader GX and not Wii injects you ask? This is because these backup loaders have built in methods, patches, tricks etc.. to make them work. While Wii injects is just replacing the original game with another game and it's very limited as to what we can do with the injects.

From my knowledge, there are some JAP (also including English Translations) games that require your SYSTEM LANGUAGE settings to be to Japanese for the games to boot, of course our EUR/PAL and USA console doesn't have the Japanese language as an option. So these types of game will always boot to black screen.

Are there a particular game that your having issues with?

Reactions: DynastyVic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1