Hacking Injecting NTSC Wii/GC games on a PAL Wii U

Breadmage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Howdy strangers;

I've recently took the plunge and modded my PAL Wii U with Tiramisu, and have been using Teconmoon's injector to install Wii VC games not available on Nusspli. This has mostly gone well. Unfortunately, not all Wii games were released worldwide and I've been having issues with installing a NTSC game in the same manner. Using the same method as with PAL Wii games I installed an undubbed version of Arc Rise Fantasia, only for it to go to a black screen after the banner screen and got stuck there, the Wii remote was disconnected and the Wii U could only be turned off by the power socket. After resetting I deleted the game, then installed a clean version instead and got the same result.

I intend to use the Teconmoon injector program again to install a bunch of Gamecube games as well once my Mayflash device comes in but a few of those are also NTSC only, so the issues I've had with this game have gotten me quite concerned. I'm using a HDMI connection so I don't think the TV is the issue.

I haven't been able to find this exact issue using the site's search feature but I do apologize if this has already been addressed.

Big edit: I've decided to do the nintendont method on the vWii for the GC games but my key issue still persists, that being NTSC VC games running on a PAL WiiU. Does anyone know if other VC titles can be affected the same way? Such as Translation patches for SNES NTSC-J?

Update: By setting up vWii nintendont I have been able to access both PAL and NTSC GC games, as for my NTSC Wii game, by using wiiflow on the vWii I've been able to get it going.

Guess the moral here isn't to give up, solved my own problem in the end with some more digging.

Still peeved that region locking still screws us over to this day though lol.

Last edited by Breadmage,

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Howdy strangers;

I've recently took the plunge and modded my PAL Wii U with Tiramisu, and have been using Teconmoon's injector to install Wii VC games not available on Nusspli. This has mostly gone well. Unfortunately, not all Wii games were released worldwide and I've been having issues with installing a NTSC game in the same manner. Using the same method as with PAL Wii games I installed an undubbed version of Arc Rise Fantasia, only for it to go to a black screen after the banner screen and got stuck there, the Wii remote was disconnected and the Wii U could only be turned off by the power socket. After resetting I deleted the game, then installed a clean version instead and got the same result.

I intend to use the Teconmoon injector program again to install a bunch of Gamecube games as well once my Mayflash device comes in but a few of those are also NTSC only, so the issues I've had with this game have gotten me quite concerned. I'm using a HDMI connection so I don't think the TV is the issue.

I haven't been able to find this exact issue using the site's search feature but I do apologize if this has already been addressed.

Big edit: I've decided to do the nintendont method on the vWii for the GC games but my key issue still persists, that being NTSC VC games running on a PAL WiiU. Does anyone know if other VC titles can be affected the same way? Such as Translation patches for SNES NTSC-J?

Update: By setting up vWii nintendont I have been able to access both PAL and NTSC GC games, as for my NTSC Wii game, by using wiiflow on the vWii I've been able to get it going.

Guess the moral here isn't to give up, solved my own problem in the end with some more digging.

Still peeved that region locking still screws us over to this day though lol.
Hey friend, being able to find a definitive solution will help you install games from any Wii region injected into the Wii, Tales of Graces worked for me
Here's the thing, download UWUVCI 3 Z from this link: https://github.com/stuff-by-3-random-dudes/UWUVCI-AIO-WPF/releases

install it when opening it will download the tools after that go to the wii icon then you will choose the base "RHYTHM HEAVEN US" download it next to you you will see "VIDEO PATCH" clicking on it you will have two more options "REGION PATCH" and "EXTRAS " you will do the following for tales of graces to work on your console USA/EUR/JPN:

VIDEO PATCH = NONE

REGION PATCH = TO original region for this game (I always left it in the region of the game that wants to run, that's the secret) exemple you try injected a usa game change this option TO NTSC.
EXTRAS (For japanese games mark JP PATCH)

and then you go to:

USE GAMEPAD AS (this option emulate wiimote vertical/horizontal and classic controller nothing working for all games but specifique games runs as classic controler other run as force classic controller)

Now just inject the game, if you prefer, the cover and icons in the game are up to your taste and when you open the game for the first time and the image doesn't appear, just press A until you hear the game noise, restart the console and open the game Again, everything goes fine (I'm reporting this because that's what happened when I installed it using the nusplii installer, which installs faster, here's a tip).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?