Hacking Emulation Feedback Misc Wii U turns off after an hour or so of gameplay when playing RE4: Wii edition with the Force Classic Controller Gamepad Support patch

GoldenToparican

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the many Wii games that I wanted to put on my Wii U's HDD was Resident Evil 4: Wii edition. However, after seeing that the game has classic controller support, I wanted to see if I could get a vwii injection of the game that allows me to play the game with the Wii U gamepad. After multiple attempts and getting the right iso of the game, I finally made my wup file and installed it to my USB HDD drive.

The game itself works and I've managed to beat the game using the gamepad with force classic controller support for the very first time on Normal Difficulty in 21 hours. However, one key issue plagued me throughout my experience was that about ever hour or so my wii u would just suddenly turn off. No error screen or that infamous screech. The console just turns off and the power button blinks red before turning yellow like it's in sleep mode then back to red.

I have beatened the game with this problem and want to do a Professional run of the game now, but I want to fix this whole issue so I won't have to deal with it again, as it ranged from a minor annoyance for when it happens a little bit after I save to a big headache when I have to re-do long portions like the Chopper segment all over again.

This issue does not happen with other vWii games that use just the wiimote (+ nunchuk) or games with base Classic Controller Gamepad support like Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. The key issue comes from RE4: Wii and using the gamepad with forced classic controller support. It also doesn't happen if I just use the normal Wiimote and Nunchuk.

If anyone can help me, here are the specs of my wii u:

-Wii U (with Aroma enviroment. Plug-ins can be specified if required)
-1 TB HDD drive connected using a Y-Cable (both USB plugs are using the two USB ports at the front of the wii u next to the SD card slot)
-RE4: Wii edition injection (Created using UWUVCI Wii game injector. Uses a 1:1 iso dump of the USA version and covered to a wbps by UWUVCI in order to use the the Force Classic Controller Gamepad Support Patch. Injected into Rhythm Heaven Fever (USA))

TheJster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your wii u is overheating. Either you need to clean the inside from dust or clean the vents on the side of your wii u if your not comfortable enough to take apart your wii u.

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your Problem is probably the save energy setting of the WiiU/vWii.

Since the force Classic Controller Wii U Pad is not an official Controller, the Wii U doesn‘t receive an „official“ input from an „official“ Controller. After one hour without getting any „real“ inputs, the energy saving option turns off the console.

Go into the settings and disable the energy saving option. That should fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?