Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Black_Heart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I keep getting a black screen on Double Dash (GCN) when it used to boot just fine. I haven't changed anything, and I've re-installed it. Is there a fix for this?

I don't use Nintendont forwarders, so this won't be what you want to hear, but have you tried just loading it normally though Nintendont on the vWii?

qbwaggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any fix for the game Wii Play Motion?
I was also getting errors that prevented Wii Play Motion from launching.
But I was able to get it working by starting with a 4GB uncompressed ISO and checking the “do not trim” option in the Advanced tab.
When I started with a compressed WBFS file I could never get it to work.

Windows 10
WiiVC Injector 3.0.1
NTSC uncompressed ISO (~4GB)
Wii U 5.5.2 with Haxchi
Game installed to USB hard drive

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I was able to get it working by starting with a 4GB uncompressed ISO and checking the “do not trim” option in the Advanced tab.

Windows 10
WiiVC Injector 3.0.1
Wii U 5.5.2 with Haxchi

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_list

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Windows 10
WiiVC Injector 3.0.1
Wii U 5.5.2 with Haxchi

Interesting, I've injected both the USA and EUR version of this game using WBFS and trimmed and both work fine.

qbwaggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<link removed because I’m a new member>
Sorry for my ignorance, but what should I do with that link? Wii Play Motion is not on that compatibility list.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Interesting, I've injected both the USA and EUR version of this game using WBFS and trimmed and both work fine.
Yeah I can’t explain it but it seems at least a few others in this thread have had similar issues so i thought I’d post what worked for me.

Reactions: xs4all

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for my ignorance, but what should I do with that link? Wii Play Motion is not on that compatibility list.

Yeah I can’t explain it but it seems at least a few others in this thread have had similar issues so i thought I’d post what worked for me.

would be helpful for others if this page was updated.

Nontheist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have WUP Installer GX2 installed and I've used it successfully for all my WiiU games without issue. I can also play VC titles for SNES, NES, GBA, and TG16 without issue. The only problems I'm having are with GC and Wii titles. I've had one successful run of Super Paper Mario out of approximately 20 attempts. I'm not sure what would help, other than perhaps resetting vWii to default/normal (if that's even possible). I watched a how-to and the guy that did it said his vWii was unmodded and pretty much launched straight into his injected Wii game without issue, which is why I'm confused as to why I'm black screening all the time.

Black_Heart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have WUP Installer GX2 installed and I've used it successfully for all my WiiU games without issue. I can also play VC titles for SNES, NES, GBA, and TG16 without issue. The only problems I'm having are with GC and Wii titles. I've had one successful run of Super Paper Mario out of approximately 20 attempts. I'm not sure what would help, other than perhaps resetting vWii to default/normal (if that's even possible). I watched a how-to and the guy that did it said his vWii was unmodded and pretty much launched straight into his injected Wii game without issue, which is why I'm confused as to why I'm black screening all the time.
Some questions:
1. Do you fill out your game's name in the GamePad/Meta Options tab?
2. Do you have both the Wii U common key AND the Rhythm Heaven Fever [USA] title key?
3. What file format are your Wii games? ISO or WBFS?
4. Are you in the Wii Retail Injection and not the vWii NAND Title Launcher or Wii Homebrew Injection?

Nontheist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some questions:
1. Do you fill out your game's name in the GamePad/Meta Options tab?
2. Do you have both the Wii U common key AND the Rhythm Heaven Fever [USA] title key?
3. What file format are your Wii games? ISO or WBFS?
4. Are you in the Wii Retail Injection and not the vWii NAND Title Launcher or Wii Homebrew Injection?

DELETED MY PREVIOUS COMMENT - found my problem.

I re-read the vWii mod instructions and had an idea. vWii required rips to be on a drive attached to the rear top USB port. While I was actually plugged in to that port, I was using a powered hub. As I mentioned previously, that worked fine for WiiU, and all the other VC titles except for Wii and GC. I hooked up the y-splitter and plugged the drive in directly....and it worked first try for my Wii titles. I only had one GC title installed and it still black screens, but I'd bet that's a Nintendont config issue. I guess it makes sense that the Wii/GC injects would still be limited to the same USB ports as normal vWii...

Thanks for your assistance Black_Heart!

Last edited by Nontheist,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I re-read the vWii mod instructions and had an idea. vWii required rips to be on a drive attached to the rear top USB port. While I was actually plugged in to that port, I was using a powered hub. As I mentioned previously, that worked fine for WiiU, and all the other VC titles except for Wii and GC. I hooked up the y-splitter and plugged the drive in directly....and it worked first try for my Wii titles. I only had one GC title installed and it still black screens, but I'd bet that's a Nintendont config issue. I guess it makes sense that the Wii/GC injects would still be limited to the same USB ports as normal vWii...

Unfortunately your the unlucky few who have issues with GC injects booting to black screen, this issue has been documented around here and others are also in the same boat as you. There is several workarounds to make GC injects boot, however this doesn't work for everyone. The one that tends to work for some is, before you launch the GC inject from the WiiU Menu, first, boot into vWii mode, launch Nintendont, then exit the app, then exit back to the WiiU Menu and try launching the GC inject.
I assume you are using the Autoboot option for GC injects? If so, try injecting a manual boot instead to test, as some say the manual boot works and autoboot doesn't. As far as I'm aware, there is no known root cause of this issue and for those that are having issues, manual boot seems to work fine but not the autoboot, which points to the Nintendont forwarder that is causing most of the issues, this is just speculation only.
Also from what I can understand, it's mostly happening with USA region consoles, EUR/PAL region seems to be fine.

Reactions: gudger666

Black_Heart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting this pop up... "Could not find directory 'Rhythm Heaven Fever [VAKE01]'.

Am I doing something wrong?
Do you have the Rhythm Heaven Fever [USA] title key?

Interesting. I use the front USB ports to launch my Wii games. Maybe it has to do with me using flash drives, I dunno. You mentioned using a USB port for power, so I assume you have an external hard drive. Maybe they load differently between a flash drive and an external hard drive?

Nontheist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the Rhythm Heaven Fever [USA] title key?

Interesting. I use the front USB ports to launch my Wii games. Maybe it has to do with me using flash drives, I dunno. You mentioned using a USB port for power, so I assume you have an external hard drive. Maybe they load differently between a flash drive and an external hard drive?
I'm using a 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Portable (PN# 1K9AA1-571) and a Sabrent 4 port hub (HB-UMP3). If I had to guess, it's probably just the hub that is the problem if you're able to launch from a front USB. I can give it a shot with my drive from the front USB if anyone really cares. Hopefully this info is useful for someone else!
If my kids didn't have Disney Infinity, Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and Sing Party, I wouldn't have all these problems :P

gudger666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot (4).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    901.6 KB · Views: 507
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    823.6 KB · Views: 445
Last edited by gudger666,

gudger666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, not a computer image wiz.

I just unzipped the TeconMoons-WiiVC-Injector package to my desk top. Does it need to be somewhere else?

150prince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using this injector tool for about two weeks now with no issues, I can still inject gamecube but when I try wii iso ( even ones I've used before ) I run into this error.

could not find a part of the path
appdata/local/temp/wiivcinjector/sourcetemp/isoextract

using windows 10 on boot camp
and windows 10 on a pc. both worked fine before. any ideas?

reinstalled multiple times as well, and even tried on a new laptop with the same issue happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf