Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still an amazing program first off, but is it possible to use both a rar archive and the title site together or is it one or the other? Thank you!

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you I would quickly edit my post and remove the link to that site ;)

No, the app cannot modify a game without breaking signature.
Updates must be installed separatly.
i know i noticed, i have already removed it...sorry..

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know I got the right tickets? I pasted the following irl

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

Afraidium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You download the GAMES UPDATES & DLC then you use wupinstaller (y mod) to install these files. You install DLC and Updates just like installing the games. However if you do not have rednand then don't try to install DLC.

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You download the GAMES UPDATES & DLC then you use wupinstaller (y mod) to install these files. You install DLC and Updates just like installing the games. However if you do not have rednand then don't try to install DLC.
yea i use wupinstall y mod, but wasnt sure if i can still use wupinstalled with these downloads, but now i know. thank you sir!!

Sepalod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Should I use rednand for the whole thing, so for all my gamesor just the games with dlc like MK8? What's safer, with rednand or without. Don't want to brick the console. Is there anythere a good tutorial for setting up a rednand with all the things I need. Heard something about SystemConfigTool. Does I need this instead of wupinstaller in a redNand?

Thx

Gesendet von meinem ME173X mit Tapatalk

Sepalod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anybody recommend an usb hdd which can be used with the wiiu withut problems. I prefer 2,5" hdd

Gesendet von meinem ME173X mit Tapatalk

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man it would be ironic of me to say I feel bad for actually owning most popular games. This is probably the most slickest app interface made for Wii U.
I only needed a few games and wupinstaller fulfilled that, even rednand wont be much use for me now unless a cfw is out to support it :(

Yanda

Trophies
XP
Country
@Hikari06
I encountered a strange problem.
I used "that site" as ticket, and search JPN Terraria.
The ticket is listed on that site but I can't find the ticket with USB Helper.
Other all tickets work fine, I guess.

CMRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the program for my games and eveyrhing is working great at the moment. Great App, looking forward for new features.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06
I encountered a strange problem.
I used "that site" as ticket, and search JPN Terraria.
The ticket is listed on that site but I can't find the ticket with USB Helper.
Other all tickets work fine, I guess.
Hey, thanks for noticing, I'll fix the issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hope some day this gets a GX2 port :') this app is amazing as beautyful.
Unfortunately if someone wants to make a GX2 app, it's absolutely possible, but they will have to write the code from scratch, since it's not portable to the Wii U as-is.

2safe4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Idea:
You have: GAME Info | Screenshot

Maybe you can create a third one: GAME Info | Screenshot | YouTube
Try to find over a YouTube search:
[Gamename]+Wii+U+Gameplay

If i press on Show Folder, nothing happens.

Show Folder works after a reboot from the PC. :)

What Datas you can grab from Nintendos Update Server?
The VERSION from the Game or Update ?

Can you Display it?
How your System Display or say NEW Download available for:

Your Harddisc:
Game XYZ
Game Update XYZ V1.7

Online Ninetendo:
Game XYZ
Game Update XYZ V1.8

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hikari06, @Cyan
Just wondering where the source code is... I see you use libWiiSharp in your app and I also see that you now obfuscate the compiled source code in the new versions...

I also see that you've reset the GitHub repository hosting the old versions to completely remove them

Are you aware that libWiiSharp is licensed under GPLv3 and that it requires that all apps which use it also be licensed under a compatible open source license?

Even if you no longer use it in the new version you're still violating the license by not releasing the source code to the old versions that did use it

I hate to be that guy but it is something that GPLv3 libraries require unless you received permission from @Leathl

Last edited by DanTheMan827,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06, @Cyan
Just wondering where the source code is... I see you use libWiiSharp in your app and I also see that you now obfuscate the compiled source code in the new versions...

I also see that you've reset the GitHub repository hosting the old versions to completely remove them

Are you aware that libWiiSharp is licensed under GPLv3 and that it requires that all apps which use it also be licensed under a compatible open source license?

Even if you no longer use it in the new version you're still violating the license by not releasing the source code to the old versions that did use it

I hate to be that guy but it is something that GPLv3 libraries require...

Alright, I'm not violating anything here. My app indeed uses a GPLv3 library, which makes it GPLv3. I'm not providing the sources on this thread since it includes content which would be violating the TOS of this site. That said, it does not mean I'm not providing the source code at all. GPLv3 does not state the way I must provide it. No one has asked me the source code so far, but given a formal written request, I will deliver it to whoever asks, according to the terms of the GNU licence.

Also, what is wrong with keeping my github clean ? I mean each update is about 20MB in size, I'm releasing about 1 update a day, I'm not gonna let my github get over 1GB to host old updates which you cannot even download.

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: Afraidium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1