Wii U USB Helper downloading corrupted files

SnowyVul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
For whatever reason, USB Helper is downloading my game files just fine, but when I go to transfer them to my Wii U's SD Card, suddenly they're corrupted and I am unable to transfer them. They only get corrupted once I try to transfer them.
My SD Card and USB are both in firmly, USB Helper fully downloads the games and I have no issues downloading the game itself. If it's relevant at all, I'm downloading Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Yes, I removed the apostrophe in the file.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do you know they corrupt while transfairing them to SD?
What SD card are you using and where did you get it from?
What CFW are you using?

Reactions: jeannotte
Trophies
XP
You should probably test your drive health before you come to the conclusion that said files are corrupted.

What I recommend doing is switching over to FunKiiU (because lets face it, USB Helper is sub-par) and directly copy the downloaded files to your SD Card; or alternatively try an installation using NUSspli. Try it with a relatively small game, 500 mb - 1 gig as a general test and monitor the process of the installation.

@V10lator brings up some crucial trouble-shooting points also. How do you know they're corrupted? Could it be due to an unstable connection? Whether it be from simply downloading them, or via transfer? Is your SD Card reaching it's death limit? Because it very well could be while still appearing functional.

What type of SD Card is it? Is it equipped to handle the amount of writes the Wii U passes to it? Does it have credible life-time, durability, and sustainability?

What CFW are you using? This can largely impact how we may be able to assist you. For example if you're using Tiramisu or Aroma, it might suit you to try NUSspli as it's probably the most reliable NUS Downloader so far.

SnowyVul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
How do you know they corrupt while transfairing them to SD?
What SD card are you using and where did you get it from?
What CFW are you using?
Using File Explorer. When copying over to my SD Card it says a multitude of files are corrupted in the folder of the game, but USB Helper would've given me that warning already.
FAT32 formatted SD Card, and I'm using Tiramisu.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

SnowyVul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
You should probably test your drive health before you come to the conclusion that said files are corrupted.

What I recommend doing is switching over to FunKiiU (because lets face it, USB Helper is sub-par) and directly copy the downloaded files to your SD Card; or alternatively try an installation using NUSspli. Try it with a relatively small game, 500 mb - 1 gig as a general test and monitor the process of the installation.

@V10lator brings up some crucial trouble-shooting points also. How do you know they're corrupted? Could it be due to an unstable connection? Whether it be from simply downloading them, or via transfer? Is your SD Card reaching it's death limit? Because it very well could be while still appearing functional.

What type of SD Card is it? Is it equipped to handle the amount of writes the Wii U passes to it? Does it have credible life-time, durability, and sustainability?

What CFW are you using? This can largely impact how we may be able to assist you. For example if you're using Tiramisu or Aroma, it might suit you to try NUSspli as it's probably the most reliable NUS Downloader so far.
Replied to the person above already about your first question, File Explorer explicitly says the files are corrupted.
Honestly, I'm not sure how old this SD Card is. It's at least as old as, what, 7 years? I used to use it with a now broken down 3DS but formatted it to use with homebrewing my Wii U.
Tiramisu is the CFW.
Post automatically merged:

Ooh guys i think god hates me
I just put my SD Card back in my computer and suddenly the card itself is completely corrupted even though it was working fine 5 minutes ago
I think i am going to scream
well i guess im starting the homebrew from scratch
again

Last edited by SnowyVul,
Trophies
XP
I just put my SD Card back in my computer and suddenly the card itself is completely corrupted even though it was working fine 5 minutes ago

Most likely the card reached it's write limit, or it was an off-brand; in which case those especially under the amount of stress a Wii U can put on them tend to deteriorate or corrupt files rather quickly.

Reactions: Kopimist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on