[RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hikari06, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which theme do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. The dark theme

225 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. The light theme

42 vote(s)
    15.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    Is there some sort of issue with Mario Golf and Wii U USB Helper? I've downloaded many games vc dlc updates etc everything works fine except for this one game. I try to install it with WUP installer GX2 and it just gives me "Installed failed" "verify WUP files are correct and complete".

Is there another source I could use to get a hold of Mario Golf VC?

2. douze

douze Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    Indonesia
    can someone help me? i always got "ERROR: TMD Not Found"

3. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Did you try to redownload the game with USB Helper? USB Helper will check the files and compares them with the source files, and re-downloads the files that don't match the source.

Also, make sure your SD Card is not locked to "Read-Only". The small switch on the side of the SD Card is a Lock, it locks the SD Card in "Read-Only" mode.

If those 2 options don't work, you can try backing up your entire SD Card and storing the backup somewhere safe on your computer. Then use GUIFormat to format your SD Card to FAT32 again. Then restore the files to your SD Card from the backup you saved. Then try to re-download and install the game again.

Don't use the built-in Windows Format Utility, use GUIFormat, it's a free 3rd Party Format Utility, and it works great for most devices and drives.

Last edited by TheTechGenius, Apr 24, 2018
  4. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    Doubt it has anything to do with my SD card, lock switch is off and every other game I have installed worked fine I'm talking like 50 games. The same MarioGolf that won't install with WUP will play just fine if unpacked into loadiine format with WUUH.

5. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    That's strange. Maybe it's a ticket problem. I'm not sure though.

6. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    Maybe, there are also a couple games missing from the list.

EX: Mario Hoops 3on3 ( yes I like this game) is not avaliable and it was released on Wii U VC.

Mario vs Donkey Kong 2:March of Minis
    Mario Party DS
    Yoshi Touch & Go

also not there

Last edited by IP60, Apr 25, 2018
  7. devedani

devedani Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So i paused/aborted a download. It said it should pick up where it left off when i press download again. I switched off my computer. When i switch it back on and open WUUH, will it still be there? The download, i mean.

Last edited by devedani, Apr 25, 2018
  8. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    I just got Call of Duty Black Opps 2 from Mega, thing is, i cant unpack it with Wii U USB Helper cause i didnt get it with the app. How can i manually unpack a game? I want to try it on Cemu to see if it works and the files are good.

9. Johnny Woods

Johnny Woods Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    The files will still be on your drive, just restart the download and the program will figure out what files it needs to download

Use a different tool, program will only handle games that it downloaded. Google how to unpack wii u games into *format* where format is whatever format you need it in

10. nbahamut

nbahamut Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2018
    United States
    Thanks, @Hikari06 , for answering my questions. Though I am a bit lost about a "seed" that is required to install some newer titles as you said.

Do you know if FBI installs this seed alongside the .cia automatically? Is an error message thrown if the seed is not present? And about the topic of seeds, are we talking about that seed database that is available at that titlekeys site? If so, how do I make FBI use that file to install the newer titles? I ask because I primarily use FBI to install CIAs on my 3DS and this is the first time I hear about .cias needing a seed to be installed.

Also, I have a question about packing and installing updates or DLC as .cias . As we know, WII U USB Helper downloads the contents of the title (like the .app files, TMD and ticket files), and then you either check the "pack to CIA" checkbox in the download manager before it finishes downloading, or look up the installed titles, right click it, and choose pack to cia. But how about updates and DLC? Let's say I have a physical, cartridge format game, and only need the update or the DLC? How would I go about packing the DLC or the Update to CIA?, because I do not see the DLCs or the Updates in "Downloaded" categories, I only see games if I download them, but not DLCs or Updates? So how exactly are we supposed to pack the DLC or the Updates to CIA then when there are cases that that is all we need for a game we already own?

I say this because sometimes I forget to check the "pack to CIA" checkbox on download manager and end up with the contents of the title (that are not games, because we can always pack games to .cia with your software after we download them), like updates and DLC, but have no way of packing them after they are downloaded as far as I know.

Last edited by nbahamut, May 2, 2018
  11. dotkich9012

dotkich9012 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    Vietnam
    upload_2018-5-1_23-4-44.
    I Cant download ? why its appear like this

12. anchoricex

anchoricex Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    Canada
    Same issue here. Has the tool been removed?

13. kagami

kagami Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    Anyone else having issue with the "force 4:3" option not doing anything on GC games?

14. TheCarlough

TheCarlough Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2018
    United States
    Anchorage, AK
    Same...I've never been able to get Force 4:3 to work.

On a more important note...

Folks over on reddit are saying this tool has been taken down? I can personally still use it but it may explain why folks haven't been able to download it any long?

15. Shippo218

Shippo218 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2018
    United States
    @Hikari06 Why has the link to the download page been removed are you going to post it somewhere else? All i want is the wii u usb go apk file

Last edited by Shippo218, May 3, 2018
  16. Shippo218

Shippo218 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2018
    United States
    Do you happen to have the wii u usb helper apk file by any chance

17. Osakasan

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    This is what every single new installation is getting. This software is over

[​IMG]

Older installations works fine. I'm downloading BotW right now to try Cemu in my new rig.

18. Shippo218

Shippo218 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2018
    United States
    Awe that's a shame but thank you for the speedy response.

MrEpicGamer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.