Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Is there some sort of issue with Mario Golf and Wii U USB Helper? I've downloaded many games vc dlc updates etc everything works fine except for this one game. I try to install it with WUP installer GX2 and it just gives me "Installed failed" "verify WUP files are correct and complete".

Is there another source I could use to get a hold of Mario Golf VC?

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some sort of issue with Mario Golf and Wii U USB Helper? I've downloaded many games vc dlc updates etc everything works fine except for this one game. I try to install it with WUP installer GX2 and it just gives me "Installed failed" "verify WUP files are correct and complete".

Is there another source I could use to get a hold of Mario Golf VC?
Did you try to redownload the game with USB Helper? USB Helper will check the files and compares them with the source files, and re-downloads the files that don't match the source.

Also, make sure your SD Card is not locked to "Read-Only". The small switch on the side of the SD Card is a Lock, it locks the SD Card in "Read-Only" mode.

If those 2 options don't work, you can try backing up your entire SD Card and storing the backup somewhere safe on your computer. Then use GUIFormat to format your SD Card to FAT32 again. Then restore the files to your SD Card from the backup you saved. Then try to re-download and install the game again.

Don't use the built-in Windows Format Utility, use GUIFormat, it's a free 3rd Party Format Utility, and it works great for most devices and drives.

Last edited by TheTechGenius,
D

Deleted User

Did you try to redownload the game with USB Helper? USB Helper will check the files and compares them with the source files, and re-downloads the files that don't match the source.

Also, make sure your SD Card is not locked to "Read-Only". The small switch on the side of the SD Card is a Lock, it locks the SD Card in "Read-Only" mode.

If those 2 options don't work, you can try backing up your entire SD Card and storing the backup somewhere safe on your computer. Then use GUIFormat to format your SD Card to FAT32 again. Then restore the files to your SD Card from the backup you saved. Then try to re-download and install the game again.

Don't use the built-in Windows Format Utility, use GUIFormat, it's a free 3rd Party Format Utility, and it works great for most devices and drives.
Doubt it has anything to do with my SD card, lock switch is off and every other game I have installed worked fine I'm talking like 50 games. The same MarioGolf that won't install with WUP will play just fine if unpacked into loadiine format with WUUH.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it has anything to do with my SD card, lock switch is off and every other game I have installed worked fine I'm talking like 50 games. The same MarioGolf that won't install with WUP will play just fine if unpacked into loadiine format with WUUH.
That's strange. Maybe it's a ticket problem. I'm not sure though.

D

Deleted User

That's strange. Maybe it's a ticket problem. I'm not sure though.
Maybe, there are also a couple games missing from the list.

EX: Mario Hoops 3on3 ( yes I like this game) is not avaliable and it was released on Wii U VC.

Mario vs Donkey Kong 2:March of Minis
Mario Party DS
Yoshi Touch & Go

also not there

Last edited by ,

devedani

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i paused/aborted a download. It said it should pick up where it left off when i press download again. I switched off my computer. When i switch it back on and open WUUH, will it still be there? The download, i mean.

Last edited by devedani,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I just got Call of Duty Black Opps 2 from Mega, thing is, i cant unpack it with Wii U USB Helper cause i didnt get it with the app. How can i manually unpack a game? I want to try it on Cemu to see if it works and the files are good.

Johnny Woods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i paused/aborted a download. It said it should pick up where it left off when i press download again. I switched off my computer. When i switch it back on and open WUUH, will it still be there? The download, i mean.

The files will still be on your drive, just restart the download and the program will figure out what files it needs to download

I just got Call of Duty Black Opps 2 from Mega, thing is, i cant unpack it with Wii U USB Helper cause i didnt get it with the app. How can i manually unpack a game? I want to try it on Cemu to see if it works and the files are good.

Use a different tool, program will only handle games that it downloaded. Google how to unpack wii u games into *format* where format is whatever format you need it in

nbahamut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is an injected title you have to provide your own iso.
But the application can help you for this particular title since the base game is available on the eShop.
Try saying yes when it asks you to use the game from eShop and you should be good to go.

Make sure the application is not blocked by either your antivirus and/or firewall.

Unfortunately you need to use an SD card that is big enough to fit the entire game.

Sorry if I miss a question but this is quite a long post xD

1-Input the 3ds title key site url and make sure the console is enabled in the Filters tab
2-Use the "Copy to SD" button and then install the respective .CIA files with FBI (IMPORTANT NOTICE : Newer 3ds titles have an extra layer of encryption and require a 'seed' to be installed alongside the .cia. This has to be done when installing so USB Helper cannot do it automatically. Most CIA installers have an option to install the seed though).
3-Yeah they do get packed as cia when using the "Copy to sd" button. And they contain a ticket but it is fakesigned.
4-Perhaps it is possible with a custom homebrew for the 3DS but I'm afraid that's outside of the scope of USB Helper so I cannot be more precise here, sorry.

And regarding the DLC problems too, I have in fact little knowledge about the 3DS (the application was for WiiU only first after all ^^') but someone might be able to help you.

5-These check boxes only matter for Wii U titles.
Legit means the ticket was ripped from a Disc and is therefore universal (meaning it can be installed on any system without needing a CFW).
CFW means the ticket was generated by the application. It contains the true title key but is not signed, so a CFW is required (all 3DS titles fall into this category on USB Helper).
Preview refers to some titles which were released before the actual game as a "preview" of the final game (for instance Splatoon Global Testfire) ;)

Thanks, @Hikari06 , for answering my questions. Though I am a bit lost about a "seed" that is required to install some newer titles as you said.

Do you know if FBI installs this seed alongside the .cia automatically? Is an error message thrown if the seed is not present? And about the topic of seeds, are we talking about that seed database that is available at that titlekeys site? If so, how do I make FBI use that file to install the newer titles? I ask because I primarily use FBI to install CIAs on my 3DS and this is the first time I hear about .cias needing a seed to be installed.

Also, I have a question about packing and installing updates or DLC as .cias . As we know, WII U USB Helper downloads the contents of the title (like the .app files, TMD and ticket files), and then you either check the "pack to CIA" checkbox in the download manager before it finishes downloading, or look up the installed titles, right click it, and choose pack to cia. But how about updates and DLC? Let's say I have a physical, cartridge format game, and only need the update or the DLC? How would I go about packing the DLC or the Update to CIA?, because I do not see the DLCs or the Updates in "Downloaded" categories, I only see games if I download them, but not DLCs or Updates? So how exactly are we supposed to pack the DLC or the Updates to CIA then when there are cases that that is all we need for a game we already own?

I say this because sometimes I forget to check the "pack to CIA" checkbox on download manager and end up with the contents of the title (that are not games, because we can always pack games to .cia with your software after we download them), like updates and DLC, but have no way of packing them after they are downloaded as far as I know.

Last edited by nbahamut,

dotkich9012

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
upload_2018-5-1_23-4-44.png

I Cant download ? why its appear like this

TheCarlough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issue with the "force 4:3" option not doing anything on GC games?

Same...I've never been able to get Force 4:3 to work.

On a more important note...

Folks over on reddit are saying this tool has been taken down? I can personally still use it but it may explain why folks haven't been able to download it any long?

Shippo218

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same...I've never been able to get Force 4:3 to work.

On a more important note...

Folks over on reddit are saying this tool has been taken down? I can personally still use it but it may explain why folks haven't been able to download it any long?
Do you happen to have the wii u usb helper apk file by any chance

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what every single new installation is getting. This software is over

JOW9ZGz.png

Older installations works fine. I'm downloading BotW right now to try Cemu in my new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.