Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to either have the loader WiiFlow and use the emulators as plugins or you have to use a modded version of the emulators that can show covers instead of the game names some of which you can get here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-cover-co.303645/
It's possible you have savegame emulation turned on either just for those games or for all games in the global settings for GX. Turn it off and it SHOULD use the normal ones.

Hmm. Savegame emulation was set to FULL. I turned it to off, started up Skyward Sword, and it said "creating new save data." I definitely have save files here… I beat the game a few months ago on my Wii U through a disk.

ubernoob87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a problem.

Got dios mios lite on my wii. However, for a reason I am not going to disclose, The wii will NOT eject the disc inside. The dios mios patch was for usb loader gx. I tried to play Pokemon XD gale of Darkeness, but it gave the following error:

Fatal Error apploader size is zero!

For the other gc games, it works perfectly. However, Only that one does not work. Any Help?

wesleyfcarter

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys I'm away from home trying to haxx a wii as since hackmii is down and I have no PC to hand can someone please run wiibrand for me and upload the files would be very grateful

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried this for my friend, we managed to rip a gamecube game using USB loader GX and when I click on the game, I get this:
ESnx4uW.jpg

Then, if I decide to continue I get the DIOS Mios screen for a bit, I hear the disc drive being checked and then:
Kp60uyG.jpg

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So I tried this for my friend, we managed to rip a gamecube game using USB loader GX and when I click on the game, I get this:
ESnx4uW.jpg

Then, if I decide to continue I get the DIOS Mios screen for a bit, I hear the disc drive being checked and then:
Kp60uyG.jpg
I'm guessing the first pic is exactly what it says, you have cheats turned on but you didn't download or create a cheat file.
The second picture, according to this http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/FAQ is that it's either not correctly formatted the game's a bad rip/file copy/download/etc.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the first pic is exactly what it says, you have cheats turned on but you didn't download or create a cheat file.
The second picture, according to this http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/FAQ is that it's either not correctly formatted the game's a bad rip/file copy/download/etc.

I set it for a 32kb cluster size. I'll try and format it again and see what happens.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the game ISO is probably just damaged then.

So it works now that I reformatted it. Don't understand it but I'm not complaining, now I was having another issue he had a whole drive of Wii games that I had to extract using Wii Backup Manager how do I take those and make them the format I have when I rip a game using USB Loader GX?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So it works now that I reformatted it. Don't understand it but I'm not complaining, now I was having another issue he had a whole drive of Wii games that I had to extract using Wii Backup Manager how do I take those and make them the format I have when I rip a game using USB Loader GX?
They should end up in the same format. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're asking.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
When I use USB loader GX I get files that look like this:
yobRQ9D.png

And from the WBFS drive out of backup manager they look like this:
SiJbOIH.png

And the second picture's files are MASSIVE. What do I do?
Okay, I see what you're talking about.
You used Backup Manager to transfer them to a ISO image.

You have two options at this point.
1. Load up those ISO images in the "files" tab in Wii Backup Manager.
OR
2. Connect the WBFS drive again and tell it to use one of the drive tabs ("drive 1" or "drive 2") as your original WBFS drive.

All you have to do then is set the other "drive" tab to be the NEW drive where you want the games to end up and when you transfer something TO that drive (with the "transfer" -> "drive 1" option, for example) it will create it in that same format.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I see what you're talking about.
You used Backup Manager to transfer them to a ISO image.

You have two options at this point.
1. Load up those ISO images in the "files" tab in Wii Backup Manager.
OR
2. Connect the WBFS drive again and tell it to use one of the drive tabs ("drive 1" or "drive 2") as your original WBFS drive.

All you have to do then is set the other "drive" tab to be the NEW drive where you want the games to end up and when you transfer something TO that drive (with the "transfer" -> "drive 1" option, for example) it will create it in that same format.

Seems like it's working! At least I hope it's working anyways.

wafflewrestler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm running dios mios 2.8, USB Loader GX r1207, on a 4.3u wii. In case the wad manager matters (I read somewhere that it does), I'm using Wad Manager 1.7. Anyways I have a few problems.
*1. When starting some gamecube games, the screen often freezes on a black screen, or the wii turns off, sometimes before and sometimes after the Dios Mios screen. Oftentimes it works fine, but when it does glitch up I have to reset everything and try starting the game again. I assumed this was a common problem but I'm having second thoughts now. Any ideas/fixes?
*2. When loading/saving some games (backyard baseball did this a bunch, and a few of the mario parties), The wii crashes and shuts off. Now i read up on this and found out it could be an issue with NMM compatibility, but I have NMM turned off (the games save on a gc mem card, not my usb hard drive), so I don't see what the problem is.
*3. Smaller one: on rare occasions, USB Loader GX freezes while loading up, stuck on the initializing usb step of the loading screen. This only happens sometimes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zhnigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello.
I've succesfully softmodded my Wii, now what do I need to play GC games on it? Am I going to require the GC controller and memory card or are there some ways to play with the Wii classic controller and save to SD?

DashXFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I have a turn to fail?​
I'm running a clean Nand created by Modmii 6.2.6 with neek2o rev 95 (Because 96 doesn't seem to find the TMD of the requested title).​
Menu version is 4.3U​
I have found that five of my US games so far just aren't working... The Disc Channel banner for the game shows up fine and sometimes loads the Safety screen too! Though it either ends up as a black screen or hangs on loading. Here are the games I'm currently having a problem with:​
Fortune Street NTSC-U​
Monster Hunter Tri NTSC-U​
Pokepark 1 NTSC-U​
The Last Story NTSC-U​
Xenoblade Chronicles NTSC-U​
Now to be safe, I did test these backups with the Dolphin Emulator and was able to load and play each one. This should mean that there isn't anything wrong with the dump, right? I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm missing. I suppose I could dump my own NAND and copy over the Shared2 Folder, but I'm not confident in that all my games will magically run. I swear, I'm supposed to add a specific IOS to run most games, but should the clean Nand have all that? I don't believe I saw a Compatibility List for games, so I'd assume they should all work on the EmuNand with no issues.​
Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but I could really use some help with this. I've been working on this EmuNand on and off for the past week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.​

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hello.
I've succesfully softmodded my Wii, now what do I need to play GC games on it? Am I going to require the GC controller and memory card or are there some ways to play with the Wii classic controller and save to SD?
yes, you still need the controller. there are ways to do without the mem card but they're not as compatible as a real mem card

Edward3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I'm using ModMii in conjunction with Letterbomb

but both applications generated a boot.elf

If I understand it correctly should I leave the boot.elf generated by letterbomb alone and just copy the private folder to the root of the SD card with the files from ModMii?

Thanks for the awesome forum.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Quick question. I'm using ModMii in conjunction with Letterbomb

but both applications generated a boot.elf

If I understand it correctly should I leave the boot.elf generated by letterbomb alone and just copy the private folder to the root of the SD card with the files from ModMii?

Thanks for the awesome forum.
They actually should be the same boot.elf file so it doesn't matter which one you use.

wafflewrestler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running Dios Mios 2.8, USB Loader GX r1207.
A few of my gamecube games (Bloody Roar Primal Fury, Backyard Baseball, Tak and the Power of Juju) do not have any music/audio streaming playing in the background when I know they should.
Any fixes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf