Hacking Nintendont

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those widescreen patches are amazing. I played Melee and MKGP2 with them and the games felt way more modern without being restricted to 4:3. Hopefully we'll see more of them if they're not too hard to make.

Thank you for all you've done nintendont developers.

my dream is for a Paper Mario Thousand Year Door widescreen patch that actually work well

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hm I guess I just needed to quickly change something for this timer patch, the alternative isnt too terrible either luckily and I think in the time I give people should be able to choose a team:
-removed the timer patch for virtua striker 4 again cause it seems to produce crashes and instead set the menu timer to about 51 days which seems to work fine and should get rid of crashing

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm I guess I just needed to quickly change something for this timer patch, the alternative isnt too terrible either luckily and I think in the time I give people should be able to choose a team:
-removed the timer patch for virtua striker 4 again cause it seems to produce crashes and instead set the menu timer to about 51 days which seems to work fine and should get rid of crashing

Lol that should be barely enough XD
That is a very clever and effective workaround, though, brilliant work as always, FIX :yayu:

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Could you add a widescreen fix to Sonic Gems collections Sonic R? its has the same issue as Virtua Striker 4 when i used the widescreen function.Anyways FIX94 thank you for this great work

ned

Trophies
XP
Country

Event mode on gives you more selection time for whatever reason.
Is there a way to patch the goal times? so it can register goal times over 999 seconds.
Did you patch the 5-3 second throw ins timer and half time subs?
Is the long pass button still mapped to the service button?
Also I noticed on Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 it'd automatically start accelerating a few seconds after i'd come to a complete stop, is this normal without the accelerator button held down?

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question I posed quite some time ago without any response.

Here's a question regarding a very very very minor annoyance. I use the GameCube adapter with Nintendont, and it's just a slight nuisance that the light on the Wii Remote stays lit even though I have no need for Bluetooth. I understand that I can press the power button on the remote to turn these lights off, and that the lights are used to signify that Bluetooth is working, but could it be changed such that the light simply blinks like in Devolution, or turns off after a period of inactivity (say 30 seconds)? Either letting the LED drain the Wii Remote's batteries, or pressing the power button are very minor nuisances that I feel could be changed, but obviously it's up to the devs' discretion.

Since I use the GameCube adapter, it's still just a slight nuisance that I have to press the power button on the Wii Remote every time to conserve its battery life because of the LEDs. Is it possible to have the lights on the Wii Remote turn off automatically after a set period of time? Or would it be possible to not have them stay on if HID controllers are used? Thanks.

nebbii

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, HUGE props to you guys for making this! It's surreal to be able to play gamecube games perfectly on Wii U, I was afraid i'd have to setup my gamecube and have to play with lag on my HDTV. I'll donate soon :lol:

Is there a way to define control stick deadzones in the controller ini file? When I play Harvest Moon and my control stick leans to the bottom, my guy walks really slowly (probably because of my messed up control stick). I'm using the official Wii U adapter with the pre-made .ini file.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, HUGE props to you guys for making this! It's surreal to be able to play gamecube games perfectly on Wii U, I was afraid i'd have to setup my gamecube and have to play with lag on my HDTV. I'll donate soon :lol:

Is there a way to define control stick deadzones in the controller ini file? When I play Harvest Moon and my control stick leans to the bottom, my guy walks really slowly (probably because of my messed up control stick). I'm using the official Wii U adapter with the pre-made .ini file.
Normally Deadzones are not recomended. They will cause problems in games that use the stick for aiming. Keep the ddeadzone as small as possable.
try changing

StickY=5,0,100
to
StickY=5,5,100

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sd cards will lag playing videos on more recource oriented games dkn if a class 10 sdcard would be better tbh usb never lags thats all i know.

You can always use a USB SD Card Reader and the lag should be gone as I've noticed only the internal SD slot seems to be slow.

I use a Class 10 SD card rated at 35MB/s Read and the intro video for Mario Kart Double Dash has severe stuttering when I use my Wii U's internal SD Slot. The stuttering is gone when using the same SD card with a USB Card Reader.

Reactions: pedro702

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I used to use a Class 10 32GB SD card and had no issues. Not saying others aren't having issues, but it would seem to not affect all cards.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use a Class 10 32GB SD card and had no issues. Not saying others aren't having issues, but it would seem to not affect all cards.

Do you use it in the internal SD slot or a USB card reader? I only ever had issues using the internal SD Slot in my Wii U. It only made some pre-rendered videos stutter.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

It dependes on the class, I previously had a class 5, change to class 10 and there's a noticeable difference in access speed, for example the banner loading channels on SD menu is faster now.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about Nintendont but class makes no difference in Dios Mios, what matters is the cluster size, this is more important than people make it seem to be, cluster size shall be 32kb

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried searching the thread but got the "too common of words" dialog thrown at me

Is it possible to use a externally powered USB hub with Nintendont at all? I've tried but it never recognizes anything plugged into the HUB. Just wonder if maybe I've missed something

Edit: Nevermind got it work.. That's what I get for buying a cheap hub

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried searching the thread but got the "too common of words" dialog thrown at me

Is it possible to use a externally powered USB hub with Nintendont at all? I've tried but it never recognizes anything plugged into the HUB. Just wonder if maybe I've missed something

Edit: Nevermind got it work.. That's what I get for buying a cheap hub

i dont believe nintendont support usb hubs, you gotta connect the drive directly

MGS4474

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Hi i have Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes Prototype AKA Debug version when i load it on Dolphin the full debug menu show, but when loading it on Nintendont it does not seem to work the game loads but no debug menus. Any idears?? i have tried using an original Bios still not working.

As a side not Id love to see a Boot to Bios option added to Nintendont seems odd but nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: my fingie hurt