Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
:nayps3: Still haven't gotten my copy of the game yet in the mail... Hopefully it will come soon, but since I'm in Canada it looks like it will be a little bit longer before I'll be able to play. Why Namco!? Why did you have to choose a crappy shipper to deliver the games??
Ah well at least I'm not in Europe :lol:

hart37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have a point there. Also there's always the value for collectors that there will only ever be a few thousand of the north american wizard's edition, and of them only so many will be left unopened. Though I have no intention to ever sell my copy =D
It's actually already sold out in Australia where it doesn't even release until next week. I have to get my Wizard's Edition imported from the UK which likely means I won't have it for another 3 weeks to a month. But I think it's worth the wait especially since for some reason it's cheaper to get it imported to where I am than go the eb games and buy it.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
About the DS version, I know this thead became a hype thread for the PS3 game, but here I go: anyone good with Action Replay codes?

1/ CWF content enabler (like Layton weekly puzzles codes)
There are "on-disk DLC" contained in the DS game, including quests 101-120, some recipes and Imagen.
Would so much want to have some sort of an AR code to enable them for emulators. It's important since some spells, enemies and dialogue is exclusive to said quests.
2/ A map modifier.
There are 15 debug/test rooms inside this game, with associated (oddly formatted) dialogue. Sadly fileswapping only gets the gemoetry of the room (grey rectangle without exits surrounded with black nothingness) but not the actors/script... More useful too for stor event testing..
Tried with <> relative search but quickly realized after freezing values without result that was out of my league.

Any help?

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
@GHANMI
Sorry to bring it back to the PS3 version, but this is important as it may have an effect on the already slim to none chances of there ever being a ds rerelease or second Ni No Kuni for PS3.
http://kotaku.com/5979157/ni-no-kun...rds-edition-fiasco-debunk-conspiracy-theories

I am hugely lucky to still be receiving mine; I was one of only a handful of people who preordered it for Canada, so I'm guessing that is why they didn't mess up my order. I'm going to be apparently having to wait until Friday thanks to those horrible shippers working for Namco-Bandai (:nayps3: ) but as long as my ps3 isn't broke by then I should be in the long run glad to have one of the now valuable wizard's editions.

If you're wondering why I think this will make it harder for a second game or ds rerelease, its because there are a lot of people who were going to buy Ni No Kuni that aren't now thanks to Namco-Bandai's huge mistake... That said the game is still selling well, so there's still a slight chance that they may make another Ni No Kuni...

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, that sucks for those who pre-ordered it. Well, this is Namdai, after all...
Wouldn't however rule it out as a fiasco because of this. I even think a sequel is in the realm of possibility: they would want to re-use those enemy assets to cut the losses of the JP version.
This is a special edition after all: how could people interested in the actual game be driven into not buying it because of this? Definitely not everone has 100$ to shell out on a Wizards Edition.

Back on the subject of the DS version: any help about the above points (DLC, Map Select)?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WOW! Sometimes the internet surprises me in a good way.
Ghanmi, your wish has come true and i am innocent:

Yeap, somebody somehow ripped the whole book from the PS3 version in best quality.
No link, just that it's in pdf format and p2p.
A quick scroll across the pdf show that it's legit and everything seems to be at the right place.

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yeap, somebody somehow ripped the whole book from the PS3 version in best quality.

Awesome; thanks for finding it! I'm gonna start reading it and comparing it to my Japanese ds copy to see if I can find major localisation changes. I can't read Japanese, so I'll focus on looking at the changes to the design (if any). I'll be getting my physical copy of the book on friday, so this should tie me over until then =D

Edit: Found something :yaysp:
Ok so for those who have japanese copy of the books, look at the first page for each chapter of the book. They each have a few highlighted magic master runes. Now look at the English version, and you'll see that no runes are highlighted! That means that, at some point during localisation, they must have removed that word puzzle from the book. Now the question is: What was taken out? I can go through my copy of the japanese book and convert the runes into hiragana characters, but I will need someone who is fluent in Japanese to unscramble and translate whatever the hiragana characters spell out. Anyone interested?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The biggest change is the addition of spell 52 for the PS3 version, and spell 46 being fully drawn. There are some spells with a darker brown shade btw.
I wonder why did they keep the Dream World page though, and does that means they kept the Ancient War ones too?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So...did anyone get the Wizard's Edition? I managed to score one copy, Digital River fiasco notwithstanding. I preordered three of them (one last July, two more last month), but the latter two orders got cancelled due Digital River's inability to keep track of their sales.

I really wanted to open my Wizard's Edition and compare it to the Japanese Magic Master I got with Shikkoku no Madoushi to see how they localized it (especially with the Astram language), but considering how it's now going for up to $500 on eBay, I'm leaning toward keeping mine sealed.

Kind of kicking myself for not preordering more of them sooner :glare:

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
So...did anyone get the Wizard's Edition? I managed to score one copy, Digital River fiasco notwithstanding. I preordered three of them (one last July, two more last month), but the latter two orders got cancelled due Digital River's inability to keep track of their sales.

I really wanted to open my Wizard's Edition and compare it to the Japanese Magic Master I got with Shikkoku no Madoushi to see how they localized it (especially with the Astram language), but considering how it's now going for up to $500 on eBay, I'm leaning toward keeping mine sealed.

Kind of kicking myself for not preordering more of them sooner :glare:
As I posted previously, I will be getting my copy on Friday. I will be opening mine, because I have no intention of giving up my copy, even if it were able to be sold for $2000. This game is as special to me as Earthbound, and just like Earthbound it is special not because it is worth a lot of money, but because it is such a fun game to play. If other people love what I love, that's great, but I got it because I love it; not because others want it. If Toy Story 2 has taught me anything, its that toys (or in this case games), are meant to be played; not collected and left untouched. For that reason, while I intend to keep the contents safe from any harm, I do not intend to keep the game boxed and sealed. Its too valuable for me to leave unopened when all the invaluable life-long memories lay inside the box, waiting for someone like me to open it and enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Reactions: GHANMI

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't order the Wizard's Edition because I thought it would be worth a lot of money. I didn't anticipate the craze it would cause. I got it for the same reasons you did. I get collector's editions primarily to collect them, not to sell them.

I just wish I had bought at least two of them so I could sell one for $200 (easily) and it would have been like getting one for free. I wouldn't sell my only copy for $500, but I'd sell it in a heartbeat for $2,000 if someone was crazy enough to spend that kind of money. Hell, I'd probably sell it for $1000. It probably won't reach that price point, but you never know.

And I'm in no rush to open my Wizard's Edition because (1) I already know what's inside of it from all of the unboxing videos on YouTube, and (2) I already have the game itself (PS3 regular editions in English and Japanese, as well as the DS version), so it's not like I can't play it while my Wizard's Edition remains sealed.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, it seems Switzerland and maybe europe is getting the same problem.
I will go take ma normal copy of the game later today but the Wizard edition is already sold out.

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
got mine today, hurray
Same. I decided I won't both taking pictures since there has already been unboxings done for it. For the next week or 2, I'm going to be focused on playing 100% of Ni No Kuni. I may in my spare time make a list of all the symbols taken out during localisation from the Japanese Magic Master, but most likely from this point on I won't be posting anything here until I 100% complete and platinum Ni No Kuni, or if I for some reason decide to take a break from playing it.

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo gbatemp family!
I'm using tinke to edit some files, only text files, but the problem is that i dont seem to find the main conversations or those misc with randomn ppl...
I could only find the subtitles from the videos, the names of characters,objects,and other stuff and the content of the quests
The images is easy to find, thow to change it, will take lots of time
Does anyone knows where the main script is in the game?
Cheers from a newbie :)

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo gbatemp family!
I'm using tinke to edit some files, only text files, but the problem is that i dont seem to find the main conversations or those misc with randomn ppl...
I could only find the subtitles from the videos, the names of characters,objects,and other stuff and the content of the quests
The images is easy to find, thow to change it, will take lots of time
Does anyone knows where the main script is in the game?
Cheers from a newbie :)

Oh sorry, didnt read what GHANMI wrote.
So it seems that we only need for now is a "image packer" since scott.ender is translating all japanese script
I'll try to discover about that, maybe in a week or two ill manage to do that
It seems thow that the program can actually pack some images but the problem is in the conversion from the bmp file i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, class gamer greetings