ROM Hack Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - Translation Project

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
20130204222906312.jpg

Wondering what i will do next?? :P

What the heck is going on with this game??
I actually reserved the normal version a month ago, today i go to take it.
Pay it 79.90 CHF and some hours later i sell it for 100CHF because the shop has only the wizard edition but no more normal editions.
I buy the Wizard Edition for 229CHF and then think if i should go check other shops as well.
I find the normal version with the prize 79.90 again but when i go to pay it, i get 20% discount so i pay 63.90 CHF. O.o

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wondering what i will do next?? :P

What the heck is going on with this game??
I actually reserved the normal version a month ago, today i go to take it.
Pay it 79.90 CHF and some hours later i sell it for 100CHF because the shop has only the wizard edition but no more normal editions.
I buy the Wizard Edition for 229CHF and then think if i should go check other shops as well.
I find the normal version with the prize 79.90 again but when i go to pay it, i get 20% discount so i pay 63.90 CHF. O.o

Well, i guess that we could say... that these prices are something from "another world"... AWWWWWW YEAAAHHH!!!!!!!
This sounded really bad :S

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i guess that we could say... that these prices are something from "another world"... AWWWWWW YEAAAHHH!!!!!!!
This sounded really bad :S

I'm going to pause my Ni No Kuni playing spree just so I can tell you this:
You're doing it wrong. You're suppose to do it like this:
Well I guess that we could say
2008-06-25_131330_puts_on_sunglasses.jpg

that these prices are something from "another world".
3833021+_ca34b9c56c100952ad5ad42c4c728698.jpg

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You want to know what is really from another world??
It's that they are still behind my back now still in the bag where i buy them, still mint and still I didn't have time to play them.
What i explained in the CR forum about not having time, apply to play this game as well, not only not having time to do some work on AAI2 :( :cry::shit:

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No you can't, unless you used your account in his ps3 and you also need to use Playstation Plus for Online Storage.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought you could convert the save file with Aldo's tools.
Look in the PS3/Guide & FAQ section, there a tutorial to edit the save file with a save editor/converter.

I still haven't bought that game, I'm on 3.41 ofw and reluctant to update. but the game doesn't work as backup format (timing problem, formating HDD bug), and I don't have PSN account to buy the working version.

PS: maybe we should create a proper DS translation project thread when the project starts :P
This one is more a discussion on both DS/PS3 than a translation project.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i started to compare the books, purely visual

p4-5
- change of astram to nazcaän
p7
- missing pic of food plate
p8
- picture changes
p11
- jap version had parts of the ornaments differntly colored
p19
- spell 52 mornstar added
p20-59j(-70e)
- jap version: 22 spells pairwise shared a page -> 11 pages
- english version: full pages for all spells -> 22 pages
p65e(p55j)
- no more draw-by-numbers, gesture fully featured
p71e
- new spell mornstar
p61j(73e)
p64j-75j(76e-93e)
- various item recipes, lots of changes
p77j(95e)
- jap version had parts of the ornaments differently colored
p79-122j(97-128e)
- item decriptions, lots of changes, but some pictures are used in both
p131e
p126-140j(132-145e)
- various food
p141-142j(146e)
- infos about drops
p145e
p152e(148j)
- less pictures
p152j
- MISSING in english version
p163e
- new boss description
p167j
- MISSING
p171-172j
- MISSING
p174e
- new boss description
p174-184j(176-180e)
- aquatic
p181e
- new boss description
p186-193(183-189e)
- birds

tbc

Reactions: pleonex and GHANMI

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows about differences between the Japanese DS book and the Japanese PS3 physical/digital book?

Right now I can at least confirm that Spell 46 Yi Sela (a.k.a Evenstar) has been changed between DS JP and PS3 JP versions:
- DS JP (p55): a bunch of numbered dots (Astram Mirant aka Horace gives you as an adult post-game the numbers so that you draw it)
- PS3 JP (p55) / PS3 International (p65) : fully drawn, yet keeping the same shape.

About the colored runes in each chapter first page, they are actually shaped after letters from the Astram language (a substitution for kana + numbers) and form a password for the DS version, but I don't recall how it is used.
Since the English version replaced the Astram language with the Nascaan one (same numbers but none of the symbols used in JP remain for the letters part) they just scrapped the puzzle for the PS3 International versions, but I'm curious about the PS3 JP one.

I'm interested the most about the pages and the art they scrapped from the English book (recipes/items/imagen...):
There is absolutely no reason for that. The English book did keep after all the pictures related to the DS-exclusive Dream World riddles (the NPC there was recycled as the Conducter in the PS3 version), and it's not like there wasn't enough room for the text.
The Imagen part between the Japanese and the English versions is VERY different...

Is there a Japanese rip of the PS3 JP book available already, like the English and Multi5 ones ?

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey people! Now I have some free time again I want to help.

The spanish translation is going so well. We have some new translators and a good rithm. At this moment we have translated about the 60% of the game (until Borg city).
From the time I started working in this project, I wanted to translate it to english too, so I would be very interesting in working in a team to do it. I know how to translate everything and all the tools are done.

About the PS3 book, I did some tools time ago to extract it (they work with the japaneses and multi5 version of the game):
First you have to extract the file: gvd.dat from the file hd05_es.adat (for the spanish book) using this tool (just drag & drop the file)
Then using this other tool you can extract the book images (and convert to pdf too!).

PD : I'm working now in a way to extract some text from the PS3 game like the monster and spells names to use them in the translation. The problem is I think that all the text are inside of the file hs06_es.adat.sdat which is encrypted and as far I have read the only way to decrypt it is executing a program (SdatExt) in a hacked PS3 but unfortunately I don't have that console. Anyone could help us with that?

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a Japanese rip of the PS3 JP book available already, like the English and Multi5 ones ?
probably, but only on japanese sites :)

The spanish translation is going so well. We have some new translators and a good rithm. At this moment we have translated about the 60% of the game (until Borg city).
awesome

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PS : I'm working now in a way to extract some text from the PS3 game like the monster and spells names to use them in the translation. The problem is I think that all the text are inside of the file hs06_es.adat.sdat which is encrypted and as far I have read the only way to decrypt it is executing a program (SdatExt) in a hacked PS3 but unfortunately I don't have that console. Anyone could help us with that?

Well i don´t know if this is much help for you, but heres a list for all the names of the familiars here

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well i don´t know if this is much help for you, but heres a list for all the names of the familiars here
Thanks. The problem is that there are some familiars in the DS that aren't in the PS3 and so.
I want to get that file decrypted to do an automatic tool to modify the file with the list of items and familiars, it will save a lot of time since that file has 5506 names (a lot of them repeated of course), but anyway there are many familiars.

Screens from the spanish translation:
948320Sinttulo.png

653964403.png

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks. The problem is that there are some familiars in the DS that aren't in the PS3 and so.
I want to get that file decrypted to do an automatic tool to modify the file with the list of items and familiars, it will save a lot of time since that file has 5506 names (a lot of them repeated of course), but anyway there are many familiars.

Screens from the spanish translation:
948320Sinttulo.png

653964403.png
awesome man! hey just a question, do you have a topic for this translation? will you post the patch when it's ready here?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
The PS3 game is fantastic, sadly they renamed a few characters over to the english translation. So playing it with japanese speech + english subtitles will most definatly not reflect what they're actually saying many times. Not that it bothers too much. :)

Looking forwards to play the DS game fully translated to english one day.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The PS3 game is fantastic, sadly they renamed a few characters over to the english translation. So playing it with japanese speech + english subtitles will most definatly not reflect what they're actually saying many times. Not that it bothers too much. :)

Looking forwards to play the DS game fully translated to english one day.

A few??? Only Oliver, Allie, Alicia and Leila (maybe Motel Lily) survived the name changes. Not even Mark and Shelly, the ones wih perfectly good English names, were spared :blink:.

Maybe for now a straight translation of the NPC names should be a priority, at least for the story events, to match the audio.
Another patch could come later with localized names (frankly, Swaine/Marcassin/Esther sound a lot better than, say, Giro/Buhiden/Maru, and the same could be said about ALL familiars)

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is that there are some familiars in the DS that aren't in the PS3 and so.

I noticed the differences between the books. Some new ones came along in the ps3 game , but some stayed ds-exclusive.
Will add that to my list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, not into politics