Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Joelpole590

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know where the stages for the trophy display levels are located in sm4shexplorer?
i'm pretty sure they are located under data/stage/other. not quite sure what name each individual stage is under, but that is where they are.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried to download a stage mod (specifically the N64 Final Destination stage mod http://gamebanana.com/maps/191596) and i can't get it to work for the life of me. Every time i load SD i get an error code saying to eject the SD card and turn off the wii u. I can load other mods fine, like character textures (excluding mods that only come with the model.nut files), but for some reason stages won't work. I'm running the PAL version of smash 4 wii u and sm4sh explorer version 0.04. Is this a region problem? Or maybe an SD card problem? I've had this SD card since i got my original 3ds so around about 5 years. I've tried removing the "DCIM" and "Nintendo 3DS" folders from the SD car and still it doesn't work. And yes, I did put the N64 FD mod in the correct folder (there was a mistake in the read me, the info page corrects it). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SmashGamer112

Trophies
XP
Country
Reposting here because this thread is more active:

Hey everyone, I just want to know if there is a specific way to know if a mod can be used on a specific region. I want to know this because I've been struggling to get my mods to load via the exploits when I'm not using EU mod packs.

For example, I edited the CSS and replaced the character_db file with the edited one in SmashExplorer and replaced textures/models correctly but when I load the game nothing changes, I know I've put everything correctly in because I always have the EU number (I think it's called game ID) as the main folder on the root of the SD card, and then just paste the patch folder that SmashExplorer has built inside the EU ID folder.

But nothing loads, unless I use a pack that is EU friendly. So that's really why I wanted to know if there is a way to know if a mod on gamebanana would be EU friendly or not, other than just testing it every time.

RetroGamer732

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help? I'm trying to use the NUD Material editor to change Robin's hair color. I'm getting this error when trying to inject my out.csv. Any help would be appreciated.
material_error.png

robinpup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have a doubt, i made my first mod pack to work ok, but after try to add more mods to my current package i just
can't
drag any mod again on sm4shexplorer to my pack. do i need to rebuild it from the start?

TriggerHappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everybody, i just downloaded Nairos Modpack (unpacked), build the mod via Sm4shexplorer and put it on my SD. I used loadiine to load the mods, it loads the intro, title screen but whenever it loads the character roster, it freezes. Does anyone know how to fix it?
P.S.: i live in germany, if that helps in any way or form.
Thanks!

Zephyrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I downloaded SmashExplorer and I can't run it because i says that its not a valid Win32 application (On Win XP) so that means I can't use Smash Explorer on WinXP?

TheDoctor12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN!
Hello everyone of the lovely and helpful community! I must ask for some assistance for this particular issue that I recently experienced using smash explorer. I'll try to explain everything I did, so here goes nothing.

I have recently tried to install two mods for smash,​
  • One for Donkey Kong, Harambe
  • The other for Sonic, SANIC
I followed the directions in which they are suppoed to be installed but I silly me, I put one of the mod files in the wrong folder for DK.

Now I have this... http://imgur.com/BcwP9Nd
and I feel like I goofed up DK's c00 skin ._.

The SANIC reskin works perfectly fine... but every time I would play with DK, it would freeze at the map roster.

If there is anyway to resolve it please contact me, I need to save Harambe...

Last edited by TheDoctor12,

MDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya everyone~

Is anyone already working on a training mode enhancement mod (or know who is)? And if not, does anyone know any current tutorials or mods that modify the training mode GUI or otherwise add any GUIs?

Doing initial research before I get my hands dirty for improving training mode, and want to avoid re-inventing (or re-discovering) the wheel as much as possible

Edit: TS4M tweeted he hasn't heard of anyone working on one just yet, so going to start working on this after this busy week. Any specific resources (or tips/ideas) I should look into before I dive into trying to modify training mode?

https://twitter.com/thatsmash4moddr/status/762904224485273600

Last edited by MDragon,
Reactions: soniczx123

Nudelsuppe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, does anybody have a modpack which includes Giga Bowser, Giga Mac and Mega Lucario as CSS characters? :P (With a link that isn't mediafire, please, and as you can probably tell, EU please too)

Last edited by Nudelsuppe,

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it still crash if you put a mod there? One that would replace c00. If not, just get a copy of that c00 folder and put it there.

TheDoctor12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it still crash if you put a mod there? One that would replace c00. If not, just get a copy of that c00 folder and put it there.

Yes, it crashes after I put the modded c00. I see that it's grayed out..
When I saw the grayed out folder, I was thinking that I somehow "disabled it"...
Second how would I be able to find the original c00.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.