PCSX2 HD Texture Packs, Save Files & Resources Hub

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Baby, I dump my games level by level lmao. Once i've made my edits making those gorgeous outsourced textures I delete that shit and move on. Saving my dump files genuinely will not happen anytime soon unless the game is piss small.
most of my dumps are between 20-50 MB for the whole game with some outliers like 200 MB. I found a sandisk 64GB Flash drive for $9 on amazon. How tiny is your storage? this shouldn't be an issue but if you really don't care about it than whatever.

SomberTwilight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of my dumps are between 20-50 MB for the whole game with some outliers like 200 MB. I found a sandisk 64GB Flash drive for $9 on amazon. How tiny is your storage? this shouldn't be an issue but if you really don't care about it than whatever.
I'm doing multiple games at once on different platforms. I do not have a dedicated storage device for just Texture Packs. Dumps are cute, but preserving them simply would not be my priority. I have a loving community that I do these for. The only dumps I'd consider preserving are character textures since I happen to be really fucking good at making brand new outfits lmao.

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Update: Added the Excel spreadsheet we use on the new Discord server made for chatting and helping each other improve.

Also removed some things that didn't make much sense.

Please tell me if we should remove the first list and leave only the Excel spreadsheet since it features a lot more stuff.

Reactions: Zyute

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please tell me if we should remove the first list and leave only the Excel spreadsheet since it features a lot more stuff.

I vote for having only one list. Such lists need to be maintained which can be a lot of work. The more lists floating around the higher is the chance that one or more of them become outdated. If I understand you right, these lists should give a quick overview about all texture packs, right? Having more than one list would do the opposite, because users could end up in scrolling all available lists, just to make sure not to miss any texture pack (so in the end more work for everybody).

Btw good job on the spreadsheet. It looks good.

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
E X C E L
Here's the full list in Excel format.
View attachment 413972
The Excel list contains:
  • Dumping issues with particular games.​
  • Bounties added by the community.​
  • Project status.​
  • Type of pack: Upscale, Remake, Partial.​
  • Extras: Skins, Weathers, UI colors, etc.​
  • Game's dumps and savefiles for direct download.​
  • Links to the author's socials and donation page.​
View attachment 413973

And there's more pages, with:
  • Controller Remapping Packs.
  • Custom Skins Packs.
  • Tools for upscaling and emulating.
  • Blacklisted authors from the list: for stealing packs or not wanting to to be featured on the list.
The list is still being updated, right now it features half of the forum's packs.

I hope this makes things easier. This is intended to be our hub, please do not hesitate to propose changes.
Just some minor typos in the excel I'm pointing out
Burnout 3 Takedown is listed as G
Spiderman 2 is listed as B
I wonder why Star wars bounty hunter and Serious sam next encounter are listed twice on the list
you should add "Custom Texture Tool PS" to the Tools list because it "Helps batch convert PNG to DDS" Link here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-custom-texture-tool-ps-v52-5

Reactions: SadOrigami

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Just some minor typos in the excel I'm pointing out
Burnout 3 Takedown is listed as G
Spiderman 2 is listed as B
I wonder why Star wars bounty hunter and Serious sam next encounter are listed twice on the list
you should add "Custom Texture Tool PS" to the Tools list because it "Helps batch convert PNG to DDS" Link here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-custom-texture-tool-ps-v52-5
Oh yeah, I first added the items from this thread list and then I started adding packs from the forum, so some games were listed twice. It's fixed now. As for the DDS converter I'm looking for an specific program, but I can't find it (the one I use).

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of something, Videos still have a purpose. Instead of showcasing the quality of a pack (youtube compression), it can show the completeness of a pack, having save states throughout various points in a game.
I also discovered a thing that might confuse us in the future so better to understand it now. King of fighters has 2 different names internationally and so do a lot of other games, you listed King of fighters: Maximum impact under "K" but The King of Fighters 2006 under "T" even though they are the same series of games (2006 is the sequel known as King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 in EU), they're using different region names. it's gonna be more effort but we should google a name of a title and chose the least confusing region name in relation to a series of games before adding it to the list to ensure this doesn't get mixed up and only 1 region's naming scheme is used. sometimes the US is the only changed name while EU and JP stay the same, like The Adventures of Cookie & Cream is the US title and Kuri Kuri Mix is EU and JP. in king of fighters case I would use the EU name scheme as it is less confusing. I should also note, that The King of Fighters 2006's sequel adopts the EU name, abandoning the US version naming scheme so having the list be all US region names is out of the question.
This whole situation reminds me of final fantasies terrible region name changing for early games in the series with FF4(JP) being called FF2(US) and skipping FF2,3, & 5 for US releases.
also we finally have our first dump and save link: thanks to KevinMI for providing it! https://gbatemp.net/threads/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-pal-hd-texture-pack.646613/
Post automatically merged:

Hey, I'm not 100% sure of the legality of this but this user from the Dolphin HD Texture Forum posted his HD Texture pack to archive.org https://archive.org/details/thug-hd which has no upload limit. I mean technically he did re-draw a lot of textures making it a "Remake" and the copyright owner's can take it down if they care enough about it. Dumps might not be allowed since they are unaltered source textures but then again a lot of copyrighted work is published on there not by the author, HD Packs are altered by AI also save files can be backed up easily like this, so I think it's fair to assume HD packs are safe to upload there.
Also I updated the Thread title to Medal of Honor: Rising Sun so that link is broken on your excel sheet

Last edited by SomberShroud,
Reactions: KevinMI

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I just thought of something, Videos still have a purpose. Instead of showcasing the quality of a pack (youtube compression), it can show the completeness of a pack, having save states throughout various points in a game.
I also discovered a thing that might confuse us in the future so better to understand it now. King of fighters has 2 different names internationally and so do a lot of other games, you listed King of fighters: Maximum impact under "K" but The King of Fighters 2006 under "T" even though they are the same series of games (2006 is the sequel known as King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 in EU), they're using different region names. it's gonna be more effort but we should google a name of a title and chose the least confusing region name in relation to a series of games before adding it to the list to ensure this doesn't get mixed up and only 1 region's naming scheme is used. sometimes the US is the only changed name while EU and JP stay the same, like The Adventures of Cookie & Cream is the US title and Kuri Kuri Mix is EU and JP. in king of fighters case I would use the EU name scheme as it is less confusing. I should also note, that The King of Fighters 2006's sequel adopts the EU name, abandoning the US version naming scheme so having the list be all US region names is out of the question.
This whole situation reminds me of final fantasies terrible region name changing for early games in the series with FF4(JP) being called FF2(US) and skipping FF2,3, & 5 for US releases.
also we finally have our first dump and save link: thanks to KevinMI for providing it! https://gbatemp.net/threads/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-pal-hd-texture-pack.646613/
Post automatically merged:

Hey, I'm not 100% sure of the legality of this but this user from the Dolphin HD Texture Forum posted his HD Texture pack to archive.org https://archive.org/details/thug-hd which has no upload limit. I mean technically he did re-draw a lot of textures making it a "Remake" and the copyright owner's can take it down if they care enough about it. Dumps might not be allowed since they are unaltered source textures but then again a lot of copyrighted work is published on there not by the author, HD Packs are altered by AI also save files can be backed up easily like this, so I think it's fair to assume HD packs are safe to upload there.
Also I updated the Thread title to Medal of Honor: Rising Sun so that link is broken on your excel sheet
Sure, videos help with the completeness, but I would never use a video to get an idea of the quality of the textures since most of them are in 1080p, which looks worse than native 540p in some cases. As for save states that idea leads to nowhere since once the emulator gets upsated those save states become useless. That's why the Excel sheet has only dumps and savefiles (and they need to be 100% to be added, same for the dumps).

I'm thinking about deleting the list made here in the thread in order to have only link leading to the Excel sheet, which not only has four times more information but also you can just search by words just pressing Ctrl+F :ha:

I'm not aware if archive dot org allows the user to modify the things once uploaded. Sometimes people need to correct something once people start testing the HD Pack and finding errors, or adding custom skins. As for Medal of Honor, I haven't added that one yet, but the links redirect to the threads featured here, so as long as the thread is the same, there will be no problem.

Reactions: SomberShroud

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Update:
  • Deleted the original list. Now the Excel list is the only list, much more complete and easier to read.
  • The current list now features 75% of the total HD Packs on this forum, 200+ HD Packs.
  • Added users to the Delisted Authors section.
  • Added a Help & FAQ section.
  • Added a For Authors section with tips for helping your work reach more people.
  • Added 20+ Controller Remapping Packs.
  • Added some Packs to the Custom Skins section.

SomberShroud

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Woah, you've been hard at work on the site, thank you for your contributions, good sir (and nice update layout as well).

I noticed the thread links for "Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1 + 2" and "Call of Duty 3" are empty
It is also inconsistent to have Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1 + 2 be one listing while Taito Legends 1 + 2 is listed as individual listings (both collection volumes are separate games only conjoined for thread convenience).
There is also a typo in the "for authors" section How To "instead" should replace "intead" and "(or wathever name it has)" replace with "whatever", in the explanation for installing packs. I recommend getting the Grammarly browser extension to avoid typos in the future.
Santins also made a pack for Maximo vs Army of Zin, to save you time I've provided the thread link here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/maximo-vs-army-of-zin-usa-uhd-remaster-definitive.639191/
Capcom Classics Thread link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/capcom-classics-collection-vol-1-2-usa-hd-textures-menu-only.645343/
Call of duty 3 Thread link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/call-of-duty-3-usa-hd-remaster.622498/

Last edited by SomberShroud,

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Update:
  • The list now features 100% of the total HD Packs on this forum (except for Bl4ckH4nd due to the lack of threads for his upscales and the fact that I can't download dozens of 1-5GB packs just to check the region; 1TB hard drives cost a third of a salary here where I live).
  • You'll now start to find download links for patches and savefiles in the list!
  • Added two programs for batch converting images to DDS on Tools.
  • A video tutorial on how to dump and replace textures will soon be added!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: