twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Packs.png
Aaand... you pack no longer works.

I‎ N‎ C‎ O‎ M‎ P‎ A‎ T‎ I‎ B‎ I‎ L‎ I‎ T‎ Y‎
Hello everyone!
This is simple, PCSX2 updates almost daily, and every now ot them things change between builds. This includes texture id.
Know that your work won't be compatible forever and within few months it may become incompatible with new builds.

S‎ O‎ L‎ U‎ T‎ I‎ O‎ N
When you launch PCSX2, you'll see the current build on the top left corner:
6357475.png

So, instead of downloading the latest build and renaming 3,000 files, the simplest solution would be to display the build you used to make your pack or add the build within your download files.
  • On your thread, add the used build in the description so people wont have to start guessing what to download if the latest build doesn't work.

• Go to PCSX2 official site
  • Go to downloads
  • Search for the release you used while making your pack
  • Download the .zip an attach it to your pack.
asaasasasas.png
It's important to note that this is a niche community, and most of the people who download HD Packs have no idea of this little detail. This will make things easier for them and us.​

Last edited by SadOrigami,

Zyute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such a smart idea cause the confusion can be completely avoided so people don't keep asking about the same issues with every couple pcsx2 updates. I hope others who create packs on the forums participle with this. Thanks for making this announcement as I know it'll help me out😎.

Reactions: SadOrigami

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't feel like having 100 different pcsx2 setups, one for each texture pack is a good solution.
To be fair the last update, which changed file names, loads both old and new textures now. The situation that a texture pack becomes incompatible because of obsolete file names doesn't happen too often.

If it's about the alpha issue, that some people have right now, I think this issue occurs when people stack layers to make a texture opaque or change the alpha treshold to 200% and 50%. That's not very accurate. 128 from 255 is not 50% and 255 is not 200% from 128.

Use the alpha scaler from pcsx2 instead (always better to use "inhouse" solutions over 3rd party tools). It scans your texture dumps and applies the correct alpha value on your texture replacements.

SadOrigami

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't feel like having 100 different pcsx2 setups, one for each texture pack is a good solution.
To be fair the last update, which changed file names, loads both old and new textures now. The situation that a texture pack becomes incompatible because of obsolete file names doesn't happen too often.

If it's about the alpha issue, that some people have right now, I think this issue occurs when people stack layers to make a texture opaque or change the alpha treshold to 200% and 50%. That's not very accurate. 128 from 255 is not 50% and 255 is not 200% from 128.

Use the alpha scaler from pcsx2 instead (always better to use "inhouse" solutions over 3rd party tools). It scans your texture dumps and applies the correct alpha value on your texture replacements.
I've tried that many times, both methods. Never got it to work.

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried that many times, both methods. Never got it to work.
You mean the alpha scaler? Yea, it's a bit tricky. It didn't work with my python environment too. I had to install the python version from the MS store (as described in the guide above) to make it work.

SadOrigami

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
You mean the alpha scaler? Yea, it's a bit tricky. It didn't work with my python environment too. I had to install the python version from the MS store (as described in the guide above) to make it work.
For now I think that disclosing the build is necessary. But if we could find a way to make that tool work and make it portable in order to have a .zip file everyone could download and use, that would be perfect.

But yeah, a solution would be not having to deal with the problem in the first place.

Edit: Unless there's a build (before the alpha update) that runs every pack, since supposedly the id problem was solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: