WRC: Rally Evolved - Realistic Texture Pack

TPL-Motorsport

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone,

For the last 3 months I've been working on a more accurate set of textures for the cars in my favourite PS2 rally game, WRC: Rally Evolved.

As much as I love this game along with the other Evolution Studios titles the missing tobacco and alcohol sponsors always looked weird to me. I usually don't delve into emulation that much but when I found out a few months ago that PCSX2 added texture dumping I saw an opportunity to final scratch this 15 year old itch of mine!

So it began. It began with me just wanting to add Marlboro back onto the Peugeot and I did that. But then I noticed a couple errors on the bumper that annoyed me even more. The Peugeot badge and one of the Pirelli logos were backwards so I fixed those as well:

f.JPG
"What errors could be on the other cars that I never noticed?"

THEN I found out if you export these textures at 3 times their og resolution they won't completely break! And my added logos look nice and sharp! If only I could say the same about the rest of the blurry vehicle..
This tiny project then evolved into replacing and re-exporting every logo on every car in the game along with fixing any errors I find and maybe adding a few things here and there to make them resemble their real-life counterparts more. There are certain compromises I have to make on some of the liveries on the count of how this game handles its textures (The Marlbor[o] logo on the Peugeots wing cuts off the 'O' otherwise part of that letter will show on the sides of the winglets) but for the most part everything can be recreated to an accurate standard.

All this was at the beginning of February and since then I feel I've done enough to warrant sharing to the wider public! I put my revamped Audi Quattro up for download in my Discord as a teaser already but if you guys want I'll post it here to.

Also, there are some driver suits I can't touch at the moment on the count of no real-life reference photos existing on the internet (As far as I can tell anyway) So I might ask for a bit of help later on when I get to those. Don't say I didn't warn ya! B-)

My current roadmap for this project is as follows:
  • Renault 5 Turbo revamp
  • Peugeot tyres fixed (The WRC & 1600 teams switched to Pirelli for 2005 but in-game they're still on Michelins... Oops!)
  • Independent Class revamp
  • WRC Class revamp
  • Peugeot 307 Censored livery and fire suit set
  • Subaru B9SC Showroom livery
  • Ford Focus RS Concept 2006 WRC livery recreation
  • Trackside banner ads replaced and made more accurate to real-life
I've attached several pics of my work so far. These are the cars I'm most proud of. I have touched up all the Independents as well but they're all just minor livery edits. Note the Ford Fiesta S1600 which is the first of 2 full livery recreations that took me 2 straight days to create :)

Thanks for reading! Be sure to let me know what you think. All feedback is appreciated! :yayps3:

Attachments

• f2.JPG
    f2.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 4
  • f3.JPG
    f3.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 5
  • f4.JPG
    f4.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 5
  • f5.JPG
    f5.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 5
  • f9.JPG
    f9.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 5
  • f10.JPG
    f10.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 6
  • f11.JPG
    f11.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 5
  • f12.JPG
    f12.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 5
  • f13.JPG
    f13.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 5
  • f14.JPG
    f14.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 5
  • f15.JPG
    f15.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 4
  • f16.JPG
    f16.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by TPL-Motorsport,

Zyute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not much of a racing gamer so I never heard of this one but from what you shown I may just give this one a go. If these pictures are any indicator you have a lot of talent in respect to graphics so this will give the game a upgrade. Great work so far Keep it up!😎

Reactions: TPL-Motorsport

TPL-Motorsport

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not much of a racing gamer so I never heard of this one but from what you shown I may just give this one a go. If these pictures are any indicator you have a lot of talent in respect to graphics so this will give the game a upgrade. Great work so far Keep it up!😎
Thank you so much!

WRC Rally Evolved is one of the better rally games on the PS2 so this wouldn't be a bad place to start if you've never played a rally game before.

Reactions: Zyute

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: