Gaming DS Lite power button schematic

JimJoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Greetings fellas, I've come in here looking for an aid, and honestly a miracle. Im trying to fix a DS Lite with a massive sentimental value, with power button ripped clean out with all 4 pads off it. Hours of research have lead me to a topic from 2012 (sadly i cant link to it on new account) which gave me a lot of useful information some time ago, yet doesn't have information which im looking for.
tl;dr of the thread - in order to turn the console on you need only pads 1 and 2, which are shown on the 1st attachment
I managed to solder a wire to mentioned transistor (?) yet soldering to circled area for pad 2 gives out no results. (attachment 2, sorry for quality)

For now plan is to turn it on with a button embedded somewhere in a case, as i don't think i will be able to refit the button

Now with explanation out of the way time for my question. Does anyone happen to have a schematic for the board, or know a different place (to which pad 2 goes) to which it would be safe to solder?
And please, spare me with 'buy a refurb' answers. For as long as this one can be fixed ill try what i can.

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 1,625
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 877
Last edited by JimJoy,

JimJoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Behind pin 1 (touch screen side), there's a dot called PWSW - connect it to any ground to press the power button
I've located the PWSW pad, yet it doesnt seem to work. By ground do you mean something like a leg of a cartridge holder? or is my understanding of it completely off?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've located the PWSW pad, yet it doesnt seem to work. By ground do you mean something like a leg of a cartridge holder? or is my understanding of it completely off?
Pretty much, the metal shell of the slot-1 (I tried with the bottom right corner of the X button)

If it doesn't work, the damage is even more far away from the button...

JimJoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, button is gone due to a drop so it is possible, yet after visual inspection everything seemed fine, and the console was charging so id expect it to work.
Thanks for help in that case, ill poke around it a some more, hopefully ill find the actual issue

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there - could you explain this a bit more?
um

Kirchoff's law - if two points are connected, they're electrically the same (we now know this is strictly true in theory only, but it's still true enough for most practical purposes, like the classic laws of motion when relativity is more accurate)

In other words: two points that are connected (by a wire or by a PCB trace) "are the same"

The power button is a SPST button: when not pushed it does nothing, when currently pushed it connects its 2 pins

One of those 2 pins is ground, the other is a PCB trace connected to the point called PWSW

Conclusion: connecting together PWSW and ground is the equivalent of pressing the power button, and is in fact undistinguishable from doing that :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1