Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Avion HD.png
Made exclusively for the SCES-53326 version.
In-progress, 5 colossus so far.

I‎‎ N‎‎ T‎ R‎ O‎ D‎ U‎ C‎ T‎ I‎ O‎ N

01.png

To celebrate the game's 18th anniversary I'm remastering it. This is not just an easy AI batch automatic upscale, but a truly HD conversion made with heart and soul, a one-person project with the help of none other than Nomad Colossus himself!

This will be also featured on Project Tribute, the PC remake that'll feature all the cut colossi.

02.png
For this project I've taken the liberty to modify some textures and add detail that a simple upscale just cannot achieve. I've also made alternative and optional textures for things like Wander's cloak, Agro, Map, and more. Every colossi will have alternative textures for a secondary look, that can be muddy, covered in sand or moss, depending on the terrain they live. The UI icons have been completely remade using pixel art and I'm working on a Hard Mode + DLC with all elements in the UI turned off with the exception of the stamina gauge.

03.png
To add to all of that, this project will feature a night filter like the one seen in the remake, but also other more complex modes that the remake doesn't have.

For now the remaster covers parts from the beginning of the game until the fight against Kirin (fan name Phaedra), and the only filter that was released is the simplest one called Olive, you can see the others being showcased in my YouTube channel. But more things will be added every month.

C‎ O‎ M‎ P‎ A‎ R‎ I‎ S‎ O‎ N‎ S
Here you'll see how the game looks before and after applying my textures.
No weird artifacts around the clouds. Fixed lizard sprite and text missing pixels.pcsx2-qt 2023-11-18 12-31-50.pngpcsx2-qt 2023-11-18 12-35-19.pngAdded new detail to every texture, particles were left for last.
Shrine A.pngShrine B.png
Ledge A.pngLedge B.png
From 64px textures to 2K, including custom alternate textures. Original Cenobia textures recreated.64px.png2k.pngMoss.png
In the process of fixing all seams present in the game (open in a new tab for a better comparison).Kirin A.pngKirin B.png
I'm fixing/adding reflections to reflective surfaces, plus various tones and transparency options.
A.png

W‎ E‎ A‎ T‎ H‎ E‎ R S
Overcast sky weather sample.
pcsx2-qt 2024-01-08 22-43-25.png

F‎ I‎ L‎ T‎ E‎ R‎ S
Watch one of the filters included in the remaster in action!

D‎ L‎ C
Because any cool remaster has to have new content!
‎​

pcsx2-qt 2023-10-15 18-25-445.pngpcsx2-qt 2023-09-17 19-13-47.png
2023-10-03 19-43-39_4.gif

Updates
Download

Support my work on KoFi or PayPal

Special thanks to Nomad Colossus for supporting the project before anyone else and the Tribute Team for being so wholesome!

Wander.png

Last edited by SadOrigami,

dorkasaurusrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely incredible, and you preserved the look and "FEEL" of the original much better than the official remake. If possible, I would suggest Ico as the follow up, since the original game is incredibly old, and the official remake again has a different vibe to the original's.

Reactions: SadOrigami

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Absolutely incredible, and you preserved the look and "FEEL" of the original much better than the official remake. If possible, I would suggest Ico as the follow up, since the original game is incredibly old, and the official remake again has a different vibe to the original's.
Of course I'm gonna remaster ICO after this one!! :yay:

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: SadOrigami

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Nice to hear that one of the greatest (If not the best) PS2 game, still has people improving it.

I already installed the Shadow of the colossus and ICO remasters posted by panda_venom on this forum (https://gbatemp.net/threads/shadow-of-the-colossus-eu-hd-remaster.624038/) & (https://gbatemp.net/threads/ico-usa-eu-hd-remaster.630164/) but sure I'll try yours also and compare the visuals.

Thanks a lot for this awesome job, cannot wait for the updates :)
Already editing the Halloween update stuff for Twitter!
DLC.png

• Wow
Reactions: KevinMI

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Updated the post
  • Added better formatting
  • Added comparison images
  • Added Filters and DLC
  • Avion's new 3.0 textures have been added to the Google Drive folder

Nomad Colossus and Team Tribute are testing the new textures in order to see if we finally have the finished textures recipe.

Made to be as realistic as possible while retaining the eerie feel, these new 3.0 textures are composed of over a dozen layers of different materials, their job is to create the illusion of polygons where there are none while also enhancing the sharp edges of the colossi, making them look like military organic machines.
pcsx2-qt 2023-12-24 03-59-42.png

Reactions: KevinMI

SadOrigami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Update:
Converted the Valus arena and model textures to 3.0. I'll be uploading a video for every colossus and arena. The AetherSX2 folder will have their textures replaced by 515p textures, as the 1024p ones are too big for phones, this will greatly reduce the grain and noise from the textures as you get far from them while looking almost the same in detail.

The Ico remaster was giving me lots of problems, and I forgot to update the thread lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: