Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i wonder if a tutorial exists to know how to do good vertex hacks ?
when i try to do it the 3d model is totally messed up because i don't know how to have good results when the vertices are moved

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I looked everywhere but I can't find a straightforward tutorial, or any tutorial, about how to
create your own stages for this game. Really wanna make a Temple Of Time stage, just dont know where to start :/

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I looked everywhere but I can't find a straightforward tutorial, or any tutorial, about how to
create your own stages for this game. Really wanna make a Temple Of Time stage, just dont know where to start :/
we can do vertex edits and we can use some parts of existing stages but we can't import 3d models so i don't think it's really possible

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
we can do vertex edits and we can use some parts of existing stages but we can't import 3d models so i don't think it's really possible
Ah.. too bad. Do you think that we'll ever be able do to as much modding as we could in Brawl? I remember there being so many unique stage mods in that game, and they were easy to create as well!

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah.. too bad. Do you think that we'll ever be able do to as much modding as we could in Brawl? I remember there being so many unique stage mods in that game, and they were easy to create as well!
i've heard about some people who are working on the 3d models but no news, me too i'd like to import 3d models

you have a way that you can use, you can use vertex edit but it's hard

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've heard about some people who are working on the 3d models but no news, me too i'd like to import 3d models

you have a way that you can use, you can use vertex edit but it's hard
model importer has been out for a week or so although you need to be apart of the discord.

SayaDaPlaya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I am VERY new to this whole Sm4sh modding thing, so I decided to follow a YouTube tutorial by xXSonicBrawlerXx to set up mods ().
I followed every single step from changing the DNS to stop future updates, dumping Sm4sh using DDD, downloading the Sm4sh patch using Uwizard, placing the dt00, dt01, and ls files into the downloaded patch, getting Sm4sh explorer to work, and finally using SDCafiine to load the mods BUT ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THE MODS ARE LOADING.
As I said before, I'm new to modding so I have no idea what could have went wrong.
My SD card is 2gigs
My Sm4sh is at update 1.1.6
I downloaded patch 288
My Sm4sh explorer is at updatw 0.0.71
And my SD is set up like so:

USTitleID/content/patch/data

Please help, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what exactly is the file "ui_miibody_db.bin"? Opening it with the Param Editor shows some interesting lines.

Like, for example, in each entry, Line 1 doesn't go any higher than 43, which is the 'color number' for the highest folder for Mii Fighter bodies (a swordsman outfit). I'm wondering if this might be where we can add in new Mii Fighter outfits.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what exactly is the file "ui_miibody_db.bin"? Opening it with the Param Editor shows some interesting lines.

Like, for example, in each entry, Line 1 doesn't go any higher than 43, which is the 'color number' for the highest folder for Mii Fighter bodies (a swordsman outfit). I'm wondering if this might be where we can add in new Mii Fighter outfits.
Well i documented the hats already so i know that file is basically the same deal. Each costume for a mii has an ID, adding IDs are currently very complex as it requires to edit the RPX. However, adding costumes for the mii fighter is possible with naming it like c43, c44, ect it just won't show up as a seperate costume as like i said rpx edits are needed.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hats are gender-unspecific... I also noticed that line 3 alternates between 1 and 0 with every entry... could it be that 0 is male and 1 is female in this line?

See, my overall goal would be to possibly add in the Fighting Mii Team costumes as an option for Miis.

Also, what's RPX editing, and how would it be done?

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hats are gender-unspecific... I also noticed that line 3 alternates between 1 and 0 with every entry... could it be that 0 is male and 1 is female in this line?

See, my overall goal would be to possibly add in the Fighting Mii Team costumes as an option for Miis.

the rpx are the wii u main executables i think

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah basically the exe of it. Shows the file path, contains all IDs of each character, stage, ect. I wouldn't bother trying as it is complex as there is lots of things to mess with.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... well, that sucks. Maybe I'll just repurpose a costume set that I really dislike... do we have a list of directories for what outfits are which?

By the way, where are the parts that the game uses to composite Mii Fighter CSPs? If I'm going to replace a costume, I want to do it right.

Last edited by SRKTiberious,

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yesterday i followed this tutorial,and i did EVERY STEP RIGHT,but when i load Smash 4,the game freeze at the
Super Smash Bros for WiiU loading screen...

It's strange that the game freeze...because i did EVERYTHING right...

can someone help me with this problem please?:(

im trying again and again...but nothing

JohnnyThePsychoWoomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another problem.
I got Smash Explorer to finally work, but when I open up the CSS in Smash it ALWAYS crashes.
I've test stuff and I have seen that it only works if there is only 1 mod.
When I put in a second one or more, it crashes. And I absolutely know I've been putting in everything right in Smash Explorer.
Help?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the thicc mods can only be used with xampp/pc connecting?

cant the c00 /c01 etc. just be placed among the other patch/fighter/fighternames and used along with the other 'skin' mods?
if xampp/pc/and the full dump is needed, i will pass.

because i am using the original disc to play ssb, and not into dumping since i have only a 32 gig SD card for my wii u.

AniStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I've followed every single step from the etika's videos but mods won't load. I've also noticed that an error shows up on the sm4sh explorer too:

ERROR Cannot load plugin 'Sm4shMSBTReloaded', Reason: 'E:\Smash 4 modding\sm4shexplorer 0.07.1\tools\MsbtEditor.exe' cannot be found.

Any help with this?

EDIT: I've now used the (NO PACKING) option in the sm4shexplorer and now they're working, but the error keeps showing off. Also, the loading screens are VERY long too on the game.

EDIT2: Ok I've found why the loading screens are huge, and that's because sm4shexplorer was actually copying a bunch of files that were not mods into the sd again, so I had to manually remove all of them.

Last edited by AniStorm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna...