Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Problem - I've been around the block on these things from the PSP days and XBOX (OG)

BTW - Deleted retroarch.cfg - Threading ON VSync ON: There are audio crackles... which is odd (Chrono Trigger (U) was testing ROM)
  • Steps done
    • Deleted CFG
    • Booted NRO
    • Settings > Video > Toggled Threaded ON *VSync was Default ON*
    • Booted Chrono Trigger
    • Crackle - Listened for 7 Min for audio cleanup but wasn't happening
    • Home button close > Booted NRO
    • Settings > Video > Toggled Threaded ON Toggled VSync OFF then ON
    • Booted Chrono Trigger
    • Crackle - Listened for 1 Min - Looked at the clock.... realized it was bed time

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is what happens when you make a lot of documentation for your day job... a lot.... LOL
@Starcarr without config file runs choppy, audio crackles.

Way better with Config file by far except for the freezing of course.

Just had a freeze up with SNES in the same fashion as here with VBA-also.

No video freezing so far without the config file tho as of yet.

Been testing on 5.1.0 and 4.1.0 with the same results.

Hmmm, the fact that both of you didn't have the freeze happen after deleting the config file means that there's something problematic there. If only that config file wasn't thousands of lines long... Let me know if the freeze happens without config file.

Reactions: Leonidas87

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, the fact that both of you didn't have the freeze happen after deleting the config file means that there's something problematic there. If only that config file wasn't thousands of lines long... Let me know if the freeze happens without config file.

I will for sure, have to call it a night I'm exhausted, dont want to head out but cant keep my eyes open.

Appreciate your work and time, we will talk tomorrow depending on how the day goes along with @m4xw

Great work and progress either way today.

Night everyone.

Reactions: IC-Cojiro

RetroGamer732

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on it.
Performance isn't great yet to be honest, not without the JNI, GPU and hardware acceleration that we still need to figure out how to implement...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, even when the "NEED_CD" flag is turned off, Beetle-PSX still won't compile.
Anyone else willing to do it with threading support for me plz?

Alright, Good luck, and I’m looking forward to the first release.

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, audio is cracking, other than that no video freeze, after a couple stages on dkc2, deleted cfgs then turned threaded video on cause v sync was already, fw 2.2.0.

Edit: spelling mistakes.

Last edited by Duhasst0,
Reactions: Starcarr

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, audio is cracking, other than that no video freeze, after a couple stages on dkc2, deleted cfgs then turned threaded video on cause v send was already, fw 2.2.0

Welp, that settles it. I will have to spend some time testing configuration changes tomorrow, to see if I find the problem. Thanks a lot to all the people testing and reporting back.

Reactions: Leonidas87

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, that settles it. I will have to spend some time testing configuration changes tomorrow, to see if I find the problem. Thanks a lot to all the people testing and reporting back.

No problem, I'll be around to help test some builds, well at least while I'm not at work. I'm glad to help out development as I can.

Reactions: Starcarr

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright folks, in other news I have moved @CatmanFan's port of Yabause over to our repo here. MR for CICD integration here. This repo will not be public for a few hours until @m4xw is back.

Attached is the build with threading support just for the kicks – I have not tested it. Consider deleting the config files to avoid freezing.

Attachments

• yabausenx.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1,037
Reactions: hippy dave

holypuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me for my n00bness, but I can't navigate the menus for latest VBA or snes9x2010. firmware 3.0.0. any suggestions?

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me for my n00bness, but I can't navigate the menus for latest VBA or snes9x2010. firmware 3.0.0. any suggestions?

Never heard of that before. @Duhasst0 has FW 2.2.0 and seemed to be fine. Please try again detaching both joycons before opening the homebrew channel and report again – assuming they were attached.

Reactions: holypuma

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of that before. @Duhasst0 has FW 2.2.0 and seemed to be fine. Please try again detaching both joycons before opening the homebrew channel and report again – assuming they were attached.

When I boot I have one joycon in because of epic laziness, the other sits next to me until after I boot rcm, I am wondering if they are booting using the 3.0.0 method or they are booting bia rcm, and I wonder if that makes a difference.

Anyways yabause is running good with MegaMan X4, about half speed honestly, well at least half speed of what I am used to on the ps1 and ps2 versions. Audio sounds good although definitely synced to the video speed obviously.

holypuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This worked. thank you. Also Aladdin runs great with perfect audio with default settings

MrWhosHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished:
Downloads (more in the Thread):
  • build.svg
    Snes9x2010: Download Link
Untested New CI Builds (config files might be broken, try to delete it for these):
Cores that are broken currently:
Stuff that anyone can work on:
  • Create a pre-configured Retroarch.cfg
  • Test ROMs
  • Port more Cores (it's easy AF for most!)
Vsync is disabled by default (for now), if you experience heavy tearing, change it in the cfg!

Changelog:

Code:
Added Overlay (disable by default via config)
Added default config (same folder)
Analog dpad by default!
Audio fixes (feedback pls)
Tearing is known, try setting vsync in the .cfg to true!

Control Notes:
Code:
Retroarch Menu is now L3 + R3 (Left and right analog pressed in)
Saving states is R
Loading states is L
Docked works if the Application is started while docked!

Install Instructions:

• Just throw the folder into /switch and go!
If anyone wants to work on custom overlays, MAKE SURE THEY ARE 1280x720

Github Mirror (recommended for forking):
https://github.com/m4xw/RetroArch_LibNX

Private Git Repo (most updated, r/o):
https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch

Anyone who want write access, write me a PM.

Credits: Reswitched, Libretro

Thanks to @Proto-Propski (Art), @Starcarr (CI/CD), @DogParty (general stuff), @Kevoot (general stuff), All the Testers (@Phenj, @reminon, @Leonidas87)

Hope I didn't miss anyone!
what fceumm and what roms can we install cant run a rom it works on 5.1.0 just need roms good work

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Settings -> Input -> Input Hotkey Binds
Make sure to save new configuration; it's saved at the root of /Switch.

I can't get it to save. It does create a new config file in the root of /switch. I tried saving it on the default config file and created a new one, but as soon as i restart retroarch the keybinds reset to default.
I went to Settings -> Input -> Input Hotkey Binds, changed it to L2 and R2, and saved it by going to configurations -> save current configuration. I also tried save new configuration. Even in the new config files the keybind is reset to default at restart.
EDIT: I fixed it by manually editing the config file on pc
EDIT 2: I just noticed something strange in the secret of mana beginning: https://snag.gy/8QcK0n.jpg
The loading screen is stretched for some reason.

Last edited by Loke,

freevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I tried the atari jaguar with aliens vs predator and Cannon fodder, both freezes when loading the rom, with an error code. I am on 3.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYoQPhGaW8 +2