Hacking Homebrew A new way to experience StreetPass

GloriaVermillion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It failed for me in Smash For 3ds, Mariokart 7, Mario 3d land, Street pass Mii Plaza, and Mario Maker 3ds. However after rebooting 2 times, the street pass for Mii Plaza seemed to show up

Catzzye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just updated NetPass. It worked fine at first. Now it crashes my n3dsxl every time I check it.
Sadly started happening to me as well when checking the 6th box on newest. Can share dump if needed, but looks to be the same exception and all

EDIT: reinstalling newest fixed it for me

Last edited by Catzzye,

Michelle_71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly started happening to me as well when checking the 6th box on newest. Can share dump if needed, but looks to be the same exception and all

EDIT: reinstalling newest fixed it for me
I started investigating, and found that Pokémon Rumble World was the cause of my problems. As soon as I deactivated streetpass for that, everything started working again.

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue on Ver 0.2.2 where it just doesn't update the street pass data. I get the green notification light on games, but going into them there is no registered tags
As far as I'm aware, that's been an issue that's been occurring off and on for the app in general: sometimes the icons indicating a Streetpass tag appears, but it won't fully register. Not sure if it's due to the app itself, or the way Streetpass functions normally. But as you've found out by now, restarting the system seems to get the tags to work as normal. (Putting the system in Sleep Mode - when the 3DS normally handles Streetpass tagging - might also work, but I haven't tested that myself yet.)
Post automatically merged:

I started investigating, and found that Pokémon Rumble World was the cause of my problems. As soon as I deactivated streetpass for that, everything started working again.
Okay, given that it seemed to resolve itself after deactivating Pokemon Rumble World, it's likely that you had enough Rumble World tags on your system already that the tags downloaded through Netpass would have exceeded the 10 tag limit for that game. Some of my experiences and observations lead me to believe that this is what may be causing some of the crashes. As I noted in an earlier post, it's best to go through your Streetpass tags before launching the app (or deactivate Streetpass for any games you don't check regularly that have low tag caps, such as Pokemon Rumble World's 10 or Super Mario 3D Land's 3) to reduce the frequency of crashes. At least until Soru finds a way to address that issue.

Last edited by ChronosNotashi,

Michelle_71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware, that's been an issue that's been occurring off and on for the app in general: sometimes the icons indicating a Streetpass tag appears, but it won't fully register. Not sure if it's due to the app itself, or the way Streetpass functions normally. But as you've found out by now, restarting the system seems to get the tags to work as normal. (Putting the system in Sleep Mode - when the 3DS normally handles Streetpass tagging - might also work, but I haven't tested that myself yet.)
Post automatically merged:

Okay, given that it seemed to resolve itself after deactivating Pokemon Rumble World, it's likely that you had enough Rumble World tags on your system already that the tags downloaded through Netpass would have exceeded the 10 tag limit for that game. Some of my experiences and observations lead me to believe that this is what may be causing some of the crashes. As I noted in an earlier post, it's best to go through your Streetpass tags before launching the app (or deactivate Streetpass for any games you don't check regularly that have low tag caps, such as Pokemon Rumble World's 10 or Super Mario 3D Land's 3) to reduce the frequency of crashes. At least until Soru finds a way to address that issue.
I'm not sure if that's what the reason is. I never check animal crossing, Mario kart , or super Mario 3d. It was only pokémon rumble that affected the app. I forgot to mention that I had an orange light flashing with the crash. As far as it not registering a streetpass, it only happened once on my other system. Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum