H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Chiaki is the an open source client for PS4 and PS5 remote play.
This discussion is dedicated to the switch version (chiaki.nro).
Source:
To contact us or for any chiaki support you may use:
On latest PS versions you need to use your PSN account ID.
Please read the instruction below to obtain your PSN account id (PS4 7.0 or greater and PS5):
For the best performance I recommend the following setup :
  • use 90DNS to allow nintendo switch lan
  • 802.11ac (a solid network connection for your switch)
  • use a wired connection for the PS4 or PS5
  • change the nintendo switch’s network setting MTU from 1400 to 1500.
You may download the latest artifact in:

Many thanks to Florian Märkl @thestr4ng3r for his amazing job on the chiaki project.
The GUI is powered by borealis (thanks to all contributors for their project and support !)
https://github.com/natinusala/borealis

And thank you all for your kind support, feedback and help.
Any advice/feedback/contribution/help is greatly appreciated.

https://twitter.com/thestr4ng3r/status/1343888295915360258/

EqZyxt0XYAA_nFu

Last edited by H0neyBadger,

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It works great the first time but it I close and reopen it it just gives me a green screen
thank you a lot.

I see 3 possible causes.
Could you check the content of your chiaki.conf (do not share the content publicly) ?

1) the config file contains more than one ps4 hostname.
the config file is overwritten during first run and a 2nd host might be added to the file.
it happens when the host [hostname] of the config file does not match the real ps4 hostname.
(I will fix it asap) (the hostname must match Settings > System > system information)

2) the configuration file should contain "2" new lines like:
where ** is a base 64 encoded keys
Code:
rp_key = "***********************"
rp_regist_key = "****************"

3) possible internal thread issue.

If you are in case 2 or 3. Are you able to use nxlink to troubleshoot this issue. and share the log in private message.

where X.X.X.X is your nintendo switch IP. From the homebrew menu run Y (netloader)
Code:
nxlink -a X.X.X.X -s ./chiaki.nro

Broduskii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't seem to able to register the switch.
I enter the code that is on my TV, the screen on my switch goes black for a little than green.
The error code i get on the TV is ce-35406-8.

I downloaded the android app and was able to register and connect with the same information.

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How can I get the chiaki.conf file?
Hello Naokinx.
the chiaki.conf is just a simple flat file.
you can create it with your favorite text editor.
Please find the template bellow:

Code:
# required: PS4-XXX (PS4 local name)
# name from PS4 Settings > System > system information
[PS4-XXX]
# required: lan PS4 IP address
# IP from PS4 Settings > System > system information
host_ip = X.X.X.X
# required: sony oline id (login)
psn_online_id = ps4_online_id
# required (PS4>7.0): https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki#obtaining-your-psn-accountid
psn_account_id = ps4_base64_account_id
# optional(default 30): remote play fps (must be 30 or 60)
video_fps = 30
# optional(default 720p): remote play resolution (must be 1080p, 720p, 540p, 360p)
# 1080p is for ps4 pro only
video_resolution = 720p

let me know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't seem to able to register the switch.
I enter the code that is on my TV, the screen on my switch goes black for a little than green.
The error code i get on the TV is ce-35406-8.

I downloaded the android app and was able to register and connect with the same information.

Hello Broduskii,
I check this error code. It looks related to session registration and login.
What is your ps4 version ? the registration system changed with the version 7.0.
if you are < 7.0:
Please try to remove the psn_account_id from the config file. and let me know​
if you are > 7.0:
Please verify your "psn_account_id". if still facing an issue please send me your nxlink logs (in a private message).
Code:
nxlink -a X.X.X.X -s ./chiaki.nro

Reactions: Broduskii

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do i need psn online id to use this? my ps4 is a hacked one also, and it never have any psn id.
Hello lolz,
I honestly don't know.
you may raise an issue on the upstream project.
https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki/issues?q=
I have checked closed issues with few keywords without success.
I also checked the main page.

(Personal guess: I think a valid and a linked psn id is required to properly map RP users against the PS4 local account)
On version < 7.0 it might be completely different though.

aldone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's works. My ps4 is 5.05 and after inject payload PS4REN and registration obtained via pin it works. in the main menu of ps4 not freeze but when i try to open God of war the result is that of the second photo. However H0neyBadger fantastic homebrew. photo_2020-05-08_11-47-50.jpg photo_2020-05-08_11-55-17.jpg

pekechar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's works. My ps4 is 5.05 and after inject payload PS4REN and registration obtained via pin it works. in the main menu of ps4 not freeze but when i try to open God of war the result is that of the second photo. However H0neyBadger fantastic homebrew. View attachment 208166 View attachment 208167
Hello, can you post a video of how you launch the application on the switch, please?
I only get a green screen when launching the application

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's works. My ps4 is 5.05 and after inject payload PS4REN and registration obtained via pin it works. in the main menu of ps4 not freeze but when i try to open God of war the result is that of the second photo. However H0neyBadger fantastic homebrew. View attachment 208166 View attachment 208167
thank you a lot aldone for this review.
I facing the same issue with my network connection. I m waiting store reopening to buy a 802.11ac 5ghz and continue testing.
usually, static images are ok but as soon as i start a game troubles are coming. logs show a lot of corrupted frames or dropped data.

Do you know which wifi standard are you using ?

you may try to reduce graphic. but it still unplayable for me
Code:
video_resolution = 360p

https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki#acknowledgements deserve all credit for this project. I m just doing my best to port it on switch.

aldone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thank you a lot aldone for this review.
I facing the same issue with my network connection. I m waiting store reopening to buy a 802.11ac 5ghz and continue testing.
usually, static images are ok but as soon as i start a game troubles are coming. logs show a lot of corrupted frames or dropped data.

Do you know which wifi standard are you using ?

you may try to reduce graphic. but it still unplayable for me
Code:
video_resolution = 360p

https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki#acknowledgements deserve all credit for this project. I m just doing my best to port it on switch.
Look then I tell you my switch is in 5ghz wifi and my ps4 is in lan. Now the thing is that at 720p with god of war freeza but with crash insane trilogy it is very fluid and I also tried crash in dock and it's fantastic. Obviously all the credits go thestr4ng3r but the compliments also go to you for bringing his work to switch.

Reactions: H0neyBadger

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, can you post a video of how you launch the application on the switch, please?
I only get a green screen when launching the application

It looks similar to the 1st issue. nxlink logs would help a lot.
what is you PS4 firmware version ?

It might comes from.

discovery issue: the switch failed to initiate info gathering.
PS4 is in standby mode: the ps4 is off
PS4 remote play in not enable: Settings -> Remote Play (ensure this is ticked) -> Add Device
PS4 user in not logged in: be sure to have an opened session with the same user as configured in chiaki.conf
Registration failed: check the ps4 version (remove the psn_account_id if your version is < 7.0)
Threads issue: a PS4 registration success appeared on screen followed (2~3 second after) by a logout message (upper left corner of the main screen). at this point the app is frozen and communication sockets are down.

pekechar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It looks similar to the 1st issue. nxlink logs would help a lot.
what is you PS4 firmware version ?

It might comes from.

discovery issue: the switch failed to initiate info gathering.
PS4 is in standby mode: the ps4 is off
PS4 remote play in not enable: Settings -> Remote Play (ensure this is ticked) -> Add Device
PS4 user in not logged in: be sure to have an opened session with the same user as configured in chiaki.conf
Registration failed: check the ps4 version (remove the psn_account_id if your version is < 7.0)
Threads issue: a PS4 registration success appeared on screen followed (2~3 second after) by a logout message (upper left corner of the main screen). at this point the app is frozen and communication sockets are down.
It's works. It was not inside the Settings -> Remote Play -> Add Device menu. Once inside this menu on the PS4, just enter the PIN that appears on the Switch text box menu Chiaki.
But it I close and reopen it it just gives me a green screen...
I publish you the nxlink log and my chiaki.conf
after being overwritten by the application

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_145016.jpg
    IMG_20200508_145016.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 1,211
  • IMG_20200508_145338.jpg
    IMG_20200508_145338.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,056

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really happy to see this, but right now I'm getting a crash when starting the nro, and I'm not sure why yet. There doesn't seem to be a crash log/dump either, but here's the error screen:

20200508_140906.jpg

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's works. It was not inside the Settings -> Remote Play -> Add Device menu. Once inside this menu on the PS4, just enter the PIN that appears on the Switch text box menu Chiaki.
But it I close and reopen it it just gives me a green screen...
I publish you the nxlink log and my chiaki.conf
after being overwritten by the application

there is few issue related to this code.
https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki/search?q=0x80108bff&type=Issues

I think 0x80108bff is a generic issue code returned by the PS4. it does not helps a lot.
Could you please try in 30 fps ?
I remember getting a similar error while running in 1080p 60fps from my ps4 slim.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really happy to see this, but right now I'm getting a crash when starting the nro, and I'm not sure why yet. There doesn't seem to be a crash log/dump either, but here's the error screen:

View attachment 208191
Hello hippy dave,
unfortunately this error does not help a lot. the process counter PC is at 0. it means the process did not start at all.

what is your switch firmware / homebrew launcher / atmosphere .. ?
could you verify the sd file copy of chiaki.nro it might be corrupted. or maybe you are running a different version of atmosphere / hb ...

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello hippy dave,
unfortunately this error does not help a lot. the process counter PC is at 0. it means the process did not start at all.

what is your switch firmware / homebrew launcher / atmosphere .. ?
could you verify the sd file copy of chiaki.nro it might be corrupted. or maybe you are running a different version of atmosphere / hb ...
Thank you, it turned out to be the SaltyNX sysmodule I had loaded, without that the nro starts fine now.

After entering the pin I now get green screen, besides the two added lines you mentioned, the .conf it also has "rp_key_type = 2". My ps4 is on 5.05 so I'm not using accountid.

edit: ok it's working, as long as I rewrite the original .conf file each time, and connect using a pin. Further connections without rewriting the .conf just give green screen, as other people have been finding. The video stream just about keeps it together at 30/360, any higher and it breaks up a lot. I found the home button mapped to minus, which is handy, unfortunately couldn't find a touchpad press for The Last Of Us in-game menu. Maybe that could be mapped to a screen touch - most games like TLOU just use the touchpad as a button, so you don't need to bother with touch coordinates etc.

Last edited by hippy dave,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...