Feedback Is it possible to play New Super Mario Bros U. on Nintendo 3DS?

Gaspar26121

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola. He jugado super mario maker para la nintendo 3ds y noté que entre los diferentes modos de juego hay, entre ellos está el nuevo super mario bros U. y me preguntaba si el juego original podría jugarse en la nintendo 3ds. Si no, perdona mi ignorancia. Gracias.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Did a rough translation of your question so i might of seen this differently than intended...with that said...No you cannot play Mario Bros U on the 3ds, last time i checked the reason the 3ds Mario Maker is able to use that style is because most of the models are actually prerendered sprites and not 3d models.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is an English speaking forum. So, please try to speak in English only.
Post automatically merged:

Did a rough translation of your question so i might of seen this differently than intended...with that said...No you cannot play Mario Bros U on the 3ds, last time i checked the reason the 3ds Mario Maker is able to use that style is because most of the models are actually prerendered sprites and not 3d models.
It would take lots of experience even to hack up the graphics to something like New Super Mario Bros. 2 for example to make that possible.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hola. He jugado super mario maker para la nintendo 3ds y noté que entre los diferentes modos de juego hay, entre ellos está el nuevo super mario bros U. y me preguntaba si el juego original podría jugarse en la nintendo 3ds. Si no, perdona mi ignorancia. Gracias.
Let me translate and make some corrections for other users:

Hi. I've played Super Mario Maker on a 3DS console, I've noticed that within the diferent game modes there is a New Super Mario Bros U mode (most likely he's referring to the graphics), and I've been wondering if the original game (from the Wii U), can be played on a 3DS. If it can't be played on a 3DS, sorry for my ignorance. Thanks.

Done.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
There is no ignorance on your question, after all, there is a handful of official ports from WiiU to 3DS. Sadly the Mario Bros U is not one of those.

While it is not impossible for someone to demake New Super Mario Bros U to make it run on 3DS, there is not ongoing project working on that as far as I'm aware.

Right now you can enjoy on your 3DS the original New Super Mario Bros and the New Super Mario Bros 2m both are official releases.

Also, I saw long ago a report of an individual working on porting the Wii version to the 3DS but I'm not sure if that was ever finished or even exists in some form on the internet.

coolpro9828

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw this video earlier today so I think it might be possible:

Last edited by coolpro9828,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this video earlier today so I think it might be possible:

Nothing about that video makes any sense. Why is the Animal Crossing clock on the left hand side, why is the bottom screen like that, why is it cut off.
The person is pretending to play it by recording footage from a Wii U through the 3DS camera, which they're doing through Animal Crossing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol