cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
UPDATE

Just to let you all know, I have modified some of my images to look a little nicer, so the placeholders where the images load to will now look much cleaner and smoother to more look like a Wii game box.

I have also started to get together template files for a possible feature that Don may implement where you could use the template files and do whatever background image you want as long as you have the placeholder templates and you alter the coordinates in the loader using the config. I will get this finished up shortly. It's a minor tweak to the image but I think it makes it look a little nicer and I want it to look as good as I can.

frostyfrosty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome, cant wait for the update.^^

btw is there any way to change the path the forwarder, im currently using multiple versions cause i am testing out which i like best.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sorry I can't do that, don't know how to, this was a forwarder that 56killer made me a while ago.

Once this is all finished up or maybe even before then I am sure Don would maybe help out with a forwarder, that's assuming he wants to of course.

For now though your going to have to just load it through Homebrew Channel I'm afraid.

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At very first: Thank you very much for this great piece of art and continue the good work Don Killah.

As this is my first post it might sound strange and impatient but I have to ask you cdreams:

You say you are no coder and you also said you are "new to photoshop" (on a MAC!!!) as it seems you have no clue of layers in PS, right? Uhm, what is exactly what you do for this project ? Just for my peace.

Tom

PS: My own coding abilities are really lame
smile.gif
but I am a Photoshop pro.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
LOL, I have some experience of photoshop from a few years back but this is a newer version so trying to learn some basics with it.

I have a Mac but I also have Windows installed on it so I switch back and fourth. Right now I'm using the Vista side to use PS.

Don Killah is the coder who has worked magic to get this functioning how I originally hoped. I basically made the backgrounds, both the modified 3 images version and then created the 7 image version. I recently made the config.png so when you press B it loads the Settings page and matches the front page. I've basically made two themes, both Dark and Light which you can see on the front page.

Other than that I'm looking at how things work and if they can be made more intuitive and then seeing if Don Killah can implement thos ideas.

Before this I was helping AppleBelly with the images but it never worked out and there were some issues with positions for where the images would load, so I took it upon myself to try get it right and sought out a coder who was willing to help me out, and that was where Don came in.

So the majority of the credit needs to go to DK as without him there would be no loader, also credit to AppleBelly for initially working on the original ideas. There are some others who have done bits and bobs but Dk knows better than I do as it's more code side of things. I will take credit for the styling though as I have worked hard to try get it looking decent. It might look simple but that was the idea. I'm also working on a couple of other ideas to add maybe later and creating templates so if Dk implements the custom background option, then anyone can take my placeholders and only need to modify the background and maybe coordinates in a config.txt.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One issue I have come across is that if you set it as your autoboot file with preloader it doesn't actually do anything, just displays no image available for everything.

Also with enough images on the SD card the refresh when you scroll is shockingly slow (2-3 secs).

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
OK Don Killah is working on the code to try speed things up, give him some time as he's also working some other options and tweaks.

Not sure about the Preloader thing as never used it and probably best to let DK know about it as may need some code fixed to resolve it.

regarding a video I will be taking footage tonight possibly, but most likely I will be waiting for alpha4 when DK releases it as there are some major tweaks and it would be better to show you guys the latest version in action.

Regarding modified images, please check the front page, I have updated the examples to show you how it now looks. text at the bottom of main background now says For Options Press B, as this refelects what the config page is now used for more accurately.

The placeholders where the images load to are slightly modified to look more rounded and neater and reflections below are a little better than previously however they are still not true reflections as this isn't implemented in the loader and not sure if it ever will be.

Posts merged

@ DragTom70

LOL not sure I would go that far, I guess I'm more like idea in-puter and visual creator. I think it's more along the lines of I can do the visual side while DK does the coding side. We chat back and forward and see what can and can't be done and I will try fit around what he is able to do and vice versa.

Posts merged

Just notied I might tweak the fux reflections as I forgot it's reflecting what would be there without a game, so shows the inner box where the image loads to, but if that is gone it should look a little better, so will get that fixed soon.

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea this looks great

but I have 1 little problem

when i use the black skin ... there is a white bar that displays the games title
that doesnt look really nice with black background

is there a way to make this to black and the font so white ...or to remove
the display for the names???
unsure.gif

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
@Pegasos123

This is fixed in the loader you just need to add a line of code to the config.txt, check the last couple of pages it tells you about it. You basically just select the background and text colours for the console and it loads correctly and looks better.

thank you very much

i found the post with that information and the config txt in my SD card
but i dont know what i have to add : /

in that post the writer says there is a confic sample but i cant find it >.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Pegasos it says sample text but you will see that most of the code is edited out by the use of the hash symbol, (sorry my keyboard doesn't have it lol). At the bottom though there are a few lines of code that don't have this, well these lines are active code and you can change or add the line below to there to make it work. Just choose what one you need and add it exactly as it is below.

I have it here for you in fact, makes it a bit easier. In config.txt add the following code:

For white text on black background: console_color = 15,0

or

For black text on white background: console_color = 0,15

That should look a lot better when you use it now
wink.gif

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
UPDATE

I have updated the example images on the front page yet again to show you a little touch which I am hoping will actually be functional at some stage, right now it's just graphical but helps highlight the main game image.

You will now see 5 little dots below the image. It helps make the image look a little nicer I think personally. I'm hoping that if DK can, once he has worked out all the current ideas, that this little 5 dots could be an active scroll bar.

The scroll bar would work by aiming with the wiimote and pressing A on it. Then you just drag left or right to scroll through the games. The farther to the edges you drag it, the faster the scroll. When you release A the scroll bar would automatically re-centre itself again below the main image. So if you have say 200 games, you can drag it right to the edge for maximum speed scroll to save time.

Let me know what you think and lets see if it's something DK would be able to add at some stage.

ALSO, if your looking for the latest backgrounds without the examples, then you can find a link to them on the 1st post.

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Pegasos it says sample text but you will see that most of the code is edited out by the use of the hash symbol, (sorry my keyboard doesn't have it lol). At the bottom though there are a few lines of code that don't have this, well these lines are active code and you can change or add the line below to there to make it work. Just choose what one you need and add it exactly as it is below.

I have it here for you in fact, makes it a bit easier. In config.txt add the following code:

For white text on black background: console_color = 15,0

or

For black text on white background: console_color = 0,15

That should look a lot better when you use it now
wink.gif

thanx very much
tongue.gif

I will test it soon hehe xD

edit:

works perfectly
tongue.gif

best loader ever