cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
@ Pegasos123

If you want the newest backgrounds then you can get them direct off my site, just right click and download them.

My site is: Get Images Here

As for the libwiigui loader, I don't know much about it. I know Don has been browsing the other forums and I think he is taking bits from other loaders that he thinks will work good for this one. There are a lot of little things we want to get finalised and fixed, he will be coding it, but once they are done then maybe stuff like this can be looked at.

If this is stable then there won't be any reason not to look at adding some new fangled stuff
biggrin.gif

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Very Nice your new scroll buttons! It looks good with the rest
wink.gif

Just a new suggestion. I saw this interesting covers Flow on here, tell me what about it:

http://www.all-nintendo.com/

edit: It seems like it can be done with a socalled "Widget Carrousel"

CODE

var amzn_wdgt={widget:'Carousel'};
amzn_wdgt.tag='amawid0b-21';
amzn_wdgt.widgetType='Bestsellers';
amzn_wdgt.searchIndex='VideoGames';
amzn_wdgt.browseNode='51550011';
amzn_wdgt.title='Nouveautés Jeux Vidéo sur Amazon';
amzn_wdgt.width='600';
amzn_wdgt.height='200';
amzn_wdgt.marketPlace='FR';

edit 2: here is a small tutorial (in frensh) on how integrating this "carousel widget": https://partenaires.amazon.fr/gp/associates/help/t41/

edit3: It seems that we can scroll Horizontal or vertical! i think it's a ood start for the Cooliris "covers WALL" like ^^

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@atupac

Great find, hopefully Don Killah takes a look at this. If it's fairly easy to instal then that would be a really nice feature. Maybe you could have it as an option, normal or carousel style.

I say this like it's easy lol, maybe it's really complicated but Don is the man to tell us his thoughts on it.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
And here the script source that amazon uses to generate this caroussel effect:

CODE/**
* SWFObject v1.5: Flash Player detection and embed - http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/
* SWFObject is (c) 2007 Geoff Stearns and is released under the MIT License:
* http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
*/
if(typeof deconcept=="undefined"){var deconcept=new Object();}if(typeof deconcept.util=="undefined"){deconcept.util=new Object();}if(typeof deconcept.SWFObjectUtil=="undefined"){deconcept.SWFObjectUtil=new Object();}deconcept.SWFObject=function(_1,id,w,h,_5,c,_7,_8,_9,_a){if(!document.getElementById){return;}this.DETECT_KEY=_a?_a:"detectflash";this.skipDetect=deconcept.util.getRequestParameter(this.DETECT_KEY);this.params=new Object();this.variables=new Object();this.attributes=new Array();if(_1){this.setAttribute("swf",_1);}if(id){this.setAttribute("id",id);}if(w){this.setAttribute("width",w);}if(h){this.setAttribute("height",h);}if(_5){this.setAttribute("version",new deconcept.PlayerVersion(_5.toString().split(".")));}this.installedVer=deconcept.SWFObjectUtil.getPlayerVersion();if(!window.opera&&document.all&&this.installedVer.major>7){deconcept.SWFObject.doPrepUnload=true;}if(c){this.addParam("bgcolor",c);}var q=_7?_7:"high";this.addParam("quality",q);this.setAttribute("useExpressInstall",false);this.setAttribute("doExpressInstall",false);var _c=(_8)?_8:window.location;this.setAttribute("xiRedirectUrl",_c);this.setAttribute("redirectUrl","");if(_9){this.setAttribute("redirectUrl",_9);}};deconcept.SWFObject.prototype={useExpressInstall:function(_d){this.xiSWFPath=!_d?"expressinstall.swf":_d;this.setAttribute("useExpressInstall",true);},setAttribute:function(_e,_f){this.attributes[_e]=_f;},getAttribute:function(_10){return this.attributes[_10];},addParam:function(_11,_12){this.params[_11]=_12;},getParams:function(){return this.params;},addVariable:function(_13,_14){this.variables[_13]=_14;},getVariable:function(_15){return this.variables[_15];},getVariables:function(){return this.variables;},getVariablePairs:function(){var _16=new Array();var key;var _18=this.getVariables();for(key in _18){if(!_18.hasOwnProperty(key))continue;_16[_16.length]=key+"="+_18[key];}return _16;},getSWFHTML:function(){var _19="";if(navigator.plugins&&navigator.mimeTypes&&navigator.mimeTypes.length){if(this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")){this.addVariable("MMplayerType","PlugIn");this.setAttribute("swf",this.xiSWFPath);}_19="";}else{if(this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")){this.addVariable("MMplayerType","ActiveX");this.setAttribute("swf",this.xiSWFPath);}_19="";_19+="";var _1d=this.getParams();for(var key in _1d){_19+="";}var _1f=this.getVariablePairs().join("&");if(_1f.length>0){_19+="";}_19+="";}return _19;},write:function(_20){if(this.getAttribute("useExpressInstall")){var _21=new deconcept.PlayerVersion([6,0,65]);if(this.installedVer.versionIsValid(_21)&&!this.installedVer.versionIsValid(this.getAttribute("version"))){this.setAttribute("doExpressInstall",true);this.addVariable("MMredirectURL",escape(this.getAttribute("xiRedirectUrl")));document.title=document.title.slice(0,47)+" - Flash Player Installation";this.addVariable("MMdoctitle",document.title);}}if(this.skipDetect||this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")||this.installedVer.versionIsValid(this.getAttribute("version"))){var n=(typeof _20=="string")?document.getElementById(_20):_20;n.innerHTML=this.getSWFHTML();return true;}else{if(this.getAttribute("redirectUrl")!=""){document.location.replace(this.getAttribute("redirectUrl"));}}return false;}};deconcept.SWFObjectUtil.getPlayerVersion=function(){var _23=new deconcept.PlayerVersion([0,0,0]);if(navigator.plugins&&navigator.mimeTypes.length){var x=navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"];if(x&&x.description){_23=new deconcept.PlayerVersion(x.description.replace(/([a-zA-Z]|\s)+/,"").replace(/(\s+r|\s+b[0-9]+)/,".").split("."));}}else{if(navigator.userAgent&&navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows CE")>=0){var axo=1;var _26=3;while(axo){try{_26++;axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash."+_26);_23=new deconcept.PlayerVersion([_26,0,0]);}catch(e){axo=null;}}}else{try{var axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.7");}catch(e){try{var axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6");_23=new deconcept.PlayerVersion([6,0,21]);axo.AllowScriptAccess="always";}catch(e){if(_23.major==6){return _23;}}try{axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash");}catch(e){}}if(axo!=null){_23=new deconcept.PlayerVersion(axo.GetVariable("$version").split(" ")[1].split(","));}}}return _23;};deconcept.PlayerVersion=function(_29){this.major=_29[0]!=null?parseInt(_29[0]):0;this.minor=_29[1]!=null?parseInt(_29[1]):0;this.rev=_29[2]!=null?parseInt(_29[2]):0;};deconcept.PlayerVersion.prototype.versionIsValid=function(fv){if(this.majorfv.major){return true;}if(this.minorfv.minor){return true;}if(this.rev

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Was bored..

Started on a 16:9 version of cdreams light background.

33bfyc7.png

Feel free to alter change it move coordinates or whatever, when/if widescreen support is added.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@PN04

I thought it was only the outer images that got stretched? I was going to look into a widescreen version myself but been a bit distracted with other bits and bobs.

Also I was thinking by making the images squashed so they look fine when stretched, doesn't it degrade the image and lose detail?

If you could link me to some info regarding how your meant to do the widescreen versions as I am sure it must alter coordinates. This could be an issue as the X coords need to be in a multiple of 4.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cdreams said:
@PN04

1. I thought it was only the outer images that got stretched? I was going to look into a widescreen version myself but been a bit distracted with other bits and bobs.

2. Also I was thinking by making the images squashed so they look fine when stretched, doesn't it degrade the image and lose detail?

3. If you could link me to some info regarding how your meant to do the widescreen versions as I am sure it must alter coordinates. This could be an issue as the X coords need to be in a multiple of 4.

1. Nope, background and covers BOTH gets stretched in widescreen, text boxes also stretch.

2. Yeah making a good looking widescreen and then resizing it to 4:3 will degrade quality some, so it need good working in Photoshop to make it look good after the stretch to widescreen is re-done onscreen.

3. 800x480 (NTSC/PAL60) and resizing to 640x480 is what needs to be done to make the picture look correct in widescreen mode. This has been tested with measuring squares made on the background to make sure the are actually correct squares.

Addition info.

A cover in the size 130x225 (or 130x224) will look correct on a widescreen after being stretched out, so on my 16:9 version of the background i made the middle cover for 130x225 (can easy be altered for 130x224), and took the same aspect ratio for making the smaller covers ending up with 54x93 size.

Edit 2

How to actually make the loader do widescreen, i guess Hungyip84 knows because he added the thing in Ultimate Loader 7.3+, it "autodetects" 4:3 or 16:9 by reading you Wii settings (i think) coz i you set the Wii in 4:3, so does the Ultimate Loader 7.3+, if you set your Wii to 16:9, the Ultimate Loader 7.3+ does the same.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ok did a test and here is what I think is needed so try it out.

Background 800x480

Images resized to 81.25% of originals, test to see how they look.

130 pixels wide
225 pixels high

53.625 pixels wide (rounded to 54)
93 pixels high

Coordinates for the placeholders should be:

box 1: X=88 Y=196
box 2: X=128 Y=196
box 3: X=188 Y=196
box 4: X=392 Y=196
box 5: X=452 Y=196
box 6: X=512 Y=196

Main: X=252 Y=128

This should mean that the multiples of 4 rule isn't broken for where the modified 16:9 images load to.

Posts merged

I will speak with Don Killah tomorrow and give him these details and maybe try get him to test it in the loader with the image I have here. If that worked then it means some additional work but hopefully he will be up for it.

I assume that he needs to have two pieces of code to make it work, one for 4:3 and one for 16:9, then when it downloads the images it will hopefully automatically resize to suite what you have and fit correctly.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Ok did a test and here is what I think is needed so try it out.

box 1: X=88 Y=196
box 2: X=128 Y=196
box 3: X=188 Y=196
box 4: X=392 Y=196
box 5: X=452 Y=196
box 6: X=512 Y=196

Main: X=252 Y=128

Coordinated you said looks like they are made on 800x480 picture?

Coordinated must always be made on 640x480 picture.

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT - EDIT - EDIT - EDIT

Sorry my mistake.. you moved small cover much closer to big middle cover
rolleyes.gif

EDIT 2 - EDIT 2 - EDIT 2 - EDIT 2 - EDIT 2 - EDIT 2

Locations NOT possible, small covers overlap each other (trying on 640x480 picture).

EDIT 3 - EDIT 3 - EDIT 3 - EDIT 3 - EDIT 3 - EDIT 3

oh
rolleyes.gif
you did the locations on the 800x480 picture.. No wonder they do not work on 640x480.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
basically I made the image in 800x480 and used regular sized placeholders, then just resized the whole image to 640x480. Then checked positions which were off and not in multiples of 4, so I re-altered them evenly to be correct and still look proper and got the new coordinates from that 640x480 image.

I just did a test to see what it looked like on my screen and it looked pretty good. That's assuming I did it correctly. I had my tv setup a bit funny so was looking the same to start but them fiddled with my amp to get the actual normal image and it looked good.

Now I need to just sort it out and get it all written down correctly and make a template for it and get the stuff like the top banner sorted out along with the buttons and stuff.

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I found a small bug. Maybe it's known:

when I press B and B again, the screen is covered with a veil red.
The "loader" works and I see the images.
Then I press "Home" and the screen returns to normal color before booting.

unsure.gif

my apologies for my poor translation

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
PN04

Nice work. I have some other stuff to finish off the backgrounds. I personally prefer the boxes a little closer in the background but I think it's looking great what you have done and thanks for the help in making them, saves a lot of hassle in the meantime for me.

Hoping that Don will have some news regarding the configurable backgrounds soon then they can be placed wherever as long as they stick to the multiple of 4 rule.

I'm in the process of making the templates as I said so maybe have them done for this evening. Then people can tinker around all they want with the banners and buttons and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No substituting allowed.