• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

California Court SHUTS DOWN Transgender Pronoun Law

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Seliph
Well this is a general statement regardless if you are transgender or not. Let's just say you are born and you have brothers and sisters. Remember you guys was born because your mom and dad had sex. Now if you nor your brother and sisters never have any children the family tree will end there will not be a future generation in your family tree.

@Lacius
A good percentage comes from heterosexual homes which isn't the problem I'm just making a point.... At some point heterosexuality is a vital necessity. Nothing wrong with being trans and etc..etc... but more than likely your bloodline will end with you unless you change your mind and reproduce.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
At some point heterosexuality is a vital necessity.
Not really. Ever hear of a turkey baster baby and surrogate pregnancy? Reproduction with zero sex involved. Pretty common for couples that have problems having kids, especially gay (I'm using gay as a broad term since saying homosexual just sounds weird) couples. If all the straight people just died tomorrow we could have a world of gay people reproducing just fine. Also, trans gay people can sexually reproduce... so there's that too.

Last edited by Seliph,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He's just... so basic.

Smh I can tell you aren't gay cuz then you'd have better taste in men
Really? Maybe now he's gone almost entirely mainstream, but he did a ton of memorable indie films starting out. Obviously Keanu Reeves and Karl Urban are high up on my "gay pass" list too lol.

Reactions: Seliph

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not really. Ever hear of a turkey baster baby and surrogate pregnancy? Reproduction with zero sex involved. Pretty common for couples that have problems having kids, especially gay couples. If all the straight people just died tomorrow we could have a world of gay people reproducing just fine.

Masturbation is not sex guys! Artificial sex is not real sex, either?

I can imagine that gay couples would have problems having kids.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that some people wear dresses and some don't as a social norm is arbitrary.

If you don't think certain people wearing dresses is detrimental to future generations, then I am unsure why you brought up concern for future generations as a consequence of certain people wearing dresses.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What you call gender specific fashion varies depending on which society and which time period we are talking about. It's arbitrary, and there's nothing genetic about most of what we assign to genders.

Nothing arbitrary about biology or the fashion that evolved to suit that biology. Gendered behaviors evolved as they did due to practicality and necessity, sure a lot of it is trivial in a post technological society but these behaviors are ingrained in humans.

You don't have to go any further than the grocery store to see men and women still engaging in hunter/gathered activity, guys grabbing what they need and GTFO, women pushing around a empty basket blocking their gathering spot.

When I kick their basket out of the way it's common for me to return the dirty look with "move it berry picker, daddys hunting."

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: ChronoTrig

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Really? Maybe now he's gone almost entirely mainstream, but he did a ton of memorable indie films starting out. Obviously Keanu Reeves and Karl Urban are high up on my "gay pass" list too lol.
Hmmm... a bit better. I'll let it slide.

Buddy what are you talking about

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pretty common for couples that have problems having kids, especially gay couples.

How am I suppose to read that other than gay couples having trouble having kids? Are they even trying?

Also, sexual reproduction is a must, over time, despite the method.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If a woman found a glob of semen on the ground and rubbed that on her vagina, do you consider that sex? Like don't get me wrong, a deed has been done that feasibly could potentially result in a child, something that requires sperm and an egg, but in that scenario, this would indeed be sexual reproduction, but that wouldn't be what anyone would call sex at all. And I think that's the point they were making, yes a sperm and an egg are required for birth, they weren't denying that; but heterosexual sex as we know it? Not really.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If a woman found a glob of semen on the ground and rubbed that on her vagina, do you consider that sex? Like don't get me wrong, a deed has been done that feasibly could potentially result in a child, something that requires sperm and an egg, but in that scenario, that wouldn't be what I'd call sex at all. And I think that's the point they were making, yes a sperm and an egg are required for birth, they weren't denying that; but heterosexual sex as we know it? Not really.

Sexual reproduction is sexual production. If you want to rely on late-stage capitalism to utilize science to create babies for you so you can be gay without worry, then you do you. AFAIK, the majority of the population aren't test-tube babies, so the idea that heterosexual relationships are sustaining the homosexual populations isn't "far out". Even if the dream does become the reality, and test tubes create everyone, it's still heterosexualism that is propagating your lifestyle.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How am I suppose to read that other than gay couples having trouble having kids? Are they even trying?

Also, sexual reproduction is a must, over time, despite the method.
Gay couples generally cannot sexually reproduce...

There are non-sexual methods of reproduction. This is generally the way gay couples have kids. Like I said. These methods are well documented and easy to research.

I don't really wanna hear your opinions on sex, since that definitely doesn't seem to be your field of expertise.

the majority of the population aren't test-tube babies
Oh my god dude surrogate babies are not "test-tube babies" please stop talking about things you know nothing about. Straight people have been using surrogates as well for decades. It's awesome stuff.

Last edited by Seliph,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sexual reproduction is sexual production. If you want to rely on late-stage capitalism to utilize science to create babies for you so you can be gay without worry, then you do you. AFAIK, the majority of the population aren't test-tube babies, so the idea that heterosexual relationships are sustaining the homosexual populations isn't "far out". Even if the dream does become the reality, and test tubes create everyone, it's still heterosexualism that is propagating your lifestyle.
I'm not gay, I'm just acknowledging that this idea that society needs heterosexuality to live on, really isn't true for an intelligent species such as ourselves at such a place in history. It will certainly continue to be true, but feasibly we could all be gay and still make more babies.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Stealphie

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is 100% reliant on sexual reproduction.
I would like to point out that this tangent started when Goku1992A said, "At some point heterosexuality is a vital necessity." Which is when Seliph objected and said not really. Seliph is absolutely correct to say not really as, heterosexuality is defined as "The quality or characteristic of being sexually attracted solely to people of the opposite sex." Note how no part of the definition describes procreation. A sperm and an egg are needed for procreation, but no one has to be straight for that to happen.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That is 100% reliant on sexual reproduction.
At that point does that matter? There is no actual intercourse going on.

The point is, if a gay person wants to have a child with their partner, they can use a surrogate, no sexual contact has to be made whatsoever.

Now in this case you can technically call it "sexual reproduction" but this is still a method for gay couples to have their own kids, rendering the original point that I was countering moot. Again, if all straight people died tomorrow, gay people could still reproduce perfectly fine, no straights necessary. That was my original argument and I realize you've gotten me a bit off track. Is it sexual? Sure, but only in the most clinical way.

Anyways, personally for me I rely on mitosis baybeeeee

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Stealphie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...