Picofly (RP2040) OLED getting error Failed to init eMMC. But with HWFLY working fine.

gataka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Good day, i hope its ok to ask my questions here. I have problem using picofly on Nintendo Switch OLED.

Here is short story : same switch with HWFLY is working flawlessly, but with rp2040-Ziro get this error : Faild to init eMMC,

Long Story :

Using picofly Hekate is working ok, but when i try to Launch Stock i get this error : Failed to init eMMC. Failed to launch HOS! press any key...
When i try to Create emuMMC i get this : Your eMMC is initialized in slower mode ! This might mean hardware issues!

When i swap RP-2040 with HWFLY all is working flawlessly - i can run stock and i created emuNAND. I used the same wires for DAT0, CMD, CLK, RST, GND, 3.3v. I only changed the CPU cable. For HWFLY i used the original V3 cable. For RP2040 i used V2 cable with bridge pins 3 and 4 (and i changed it 3 times).

I did change all wires 2 times - nothing worked. Again with HWFLY worked every time.

I add two additional resistors 47omh, one each on CMD and DAT0. Didn't change anything.
Another thing - i am using firmware update fw_2.67.uf2 for RP2040. But when i try to flash the new version fw_2.72.uf2 - the microcontroller flashed yellow. I did bridged the RGB jumper with solder on the rear of the RP2040 - again blinking only yellow. No red light to know the flash was successful.

When i try to run the switch that way (with fw_2.72.uf2) i get purple light in the screen. Hekate dont run.

I do have experience rp2040 but to this day i have installed it only in V1,V2 and Lite. So far everything worked great. First time i am doing it with OLED.

SO i am out of options. I do need help and will be very grateful for every advice.

Thank you in advance.

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's normal that it flashes yellow, it's a new "pulse code" for FW > 2.70. I would recommend you to:

• Flash v2.72 from here (the FW was updated in the last hours, so even if you have the v2.72, reflash it)
  • Use only single 47Ohm resistor on the data pins as per AIO guide.
  • Readout the pulse code following the instructions under the "LED idication" tab on the same post, it should give more insight about the error.
  • Most importantly, from where are you sourcing your +3.3V? Could you share a pic of that point and your install?

Reactions: EAGLE-1 and gataka

gataka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Thank you for your answer. I already gave up and left the console with HWFLY.

Tomorrow i have do mod another one, i will use again picofly and if i have the same problem - i will upload pictures here.

Reactions: Phantomas77

EAGLE-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Good day, i hope its ok to ask my questions here. I have problem using picofly on Nintendo Switch OLED.

Here is short story : same switch with HWFLY is working flawlessly, but with rp2040-Ziro get this error : Faild to init eMMC,

Long Story :

Using picofly Hekate is working ok, but when i try to Launch Stock i get this error : Failed to init eMMC. Failed to launch HOS! press any key...
When i try to Create emuMMC i get this : Your eMMC is initialized in slower mode ! This might mean hardware issues!

When i swap RP-2040 with HWFLY all is working flawlessly - i can run stock and i created emuNAND. I used the same wires for DAT0, CMD, CLK, RST, GND, 3.3v. I only changed the CPU cable. For HWFLY i used the original V3 cable. For RP2040 i used V2 cable with bridge pins 3 and 4 (and i changed it 3 times).

I did change all wires 2 times - nothing worked. Again with HWFLY worked every time.

I add two additional resistors 47omh, one each on CMD and DAT0. Didn't change anything.
Another thing - i am using firmware update fw_2.67.uf2 for RP2040. But when i try to flash the new version fw_2.72.uf2 - the microcontroller flashed yellow. I did bridged the RGB jumper with solder on the rear of the RP2040 - again blinking only yellow. No red light to know the flash was successful.

When i try to run the switch that way (with fw_2.72.uf2) i get purple light in the screen. Hekate dont run.

I do have experience rp2040 but to this day i have installed it only in V1,V2 and Lite. So far everything worked great. First time i am doing it with OLED.

SO i am out of options. I do need help and will be very grateful for every advice.

Thank you in advance.
hi,i have the exact same problem with this chip,is a picofly in hwfly board,my console start perfect 5 times,after that i get the error you say ,after that console is dead,only black screen,2 times pink screen,we try everything and nothing work!,some spanisg forums say this picofly is causing a corrup nand ! so right now still no see any info how can update those chips,be carefull,in the another pic,you can see a old hwfly,this like yours works perfect!
Your eMMC is initialized in slower mode ! This might mean hardware issues!"
Post automatically merged:

It's normal that it flashes yellow, it's a new "pulse code" for FW > 2.70. I would recommend you to:

• Flash v2.72 from here (the FW was updated in the last hours, so even if you have the v2.72, reflash it)
  • Use only single 47Ohm resistor on the data pins as per AIO guide.
  • Readout the pulse code following the instructions under the "LED idication" tab on the same post, it should give more insight about the error.
  • Most importantly, from where are you sourcing your +3.3V? Could you share a pic of that point and your install?
hi,what is the correct size of the update.bin file? i dowloaded 2 times and 1 say 57kb and another 58kb thanks!

Attachments

• oled.jpeg
    oled.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 68
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 10.50.22 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-17 at 10.50.22 PM.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by EAGLE-1,

darkkef

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's a post on the pico sellers on AliExpress and sthetix sylays the same, hi doesn't install pico as of 1-2 weeks ago because there's a small but real chance that ofw doesn't boot.

There's a post on the pico sellers on AliExpress and sthetix sylays the same, hi doesn't install pico as of 1-2 weeks ago because there's a small but real chance that ofw doesn't boot.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven't seen where sthetix said that? Got a link? The only reason it wouldn't boot OFW/syseMMC is if you didn't install it properly. Picofly itself supports all eMMC packages. Although some need you to short two pins to enable the alternate mode for that manufacturer.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thank you for your answer. I already gave up and left the console with HWFLY.

Tomorrow i have do mod another one, i will use again picofly and if i have the same problem - i will upload pictures here.
Have u manage to do it successfully with the rp2040 on hwfly board? I just bought dozen of these board prior reading this post and now having second thought whether i should proceed with installation on my switch oleds or stick to instinctnx. Ive done like 5 oled with instinctnx and havent had any issues. Seems like rp2040 is pretty dodgy with risk of bricking emmc?

aspirins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Good afternoon, I also encountered such a problem on one lite, after installation I received an emmc error and I can’t fix it, other lites work fine

Reactions: RoyalYeo

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Long Story :

Thank you in advance.
Hi, I saw that you've used RP2040 often -- what temperature hot air (celcius) did you use to remove the buttons and usbc port from the picofly?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
My latest Switch OLED with the POS called SK Hynix was bricked the moment I installed the RP2040. My user partition table went empty resulting in the purple screen rendering the device useless. Shit didn't even give me a chance to backup.

It seems the issue is with these shoddy eMMC.

Reactions: coffinbirth

DuffGnR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have exactly the same problem, I installed the RP2040 which is very similar to the HWFly model, however it boots in emunand and sometimes I can boot in OFW, but sometimes it hangs on the Nintendo Switch logo, other times it gives an error 2002-3539/3540, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My latest Switch OLED with the POS called SK Hynix was bricked the moment I installed the RP2040. My user partition table went empty resulting in the purple screen rendering the device useless. Shit didn't even give me a chance to backup.

This is the answer. This was known weeks ago.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

This has nothing to do with the brand off the emmc ,its more a issue with the dat0 adapter and purple screen is most likely caused by a issue with the cmd resistor ;-)

aspirins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
This has nothing to do with the brand off the emmc ,its more a issue with the dat0 adapter and purple screen is most likely caused by a issue with the cmd resistor ;-)
tell me I have a purple screen on the switch lite, all the resistors are in place, nothing is knocked down, which one needs to be changed to fix the problem

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Long Story :

Thank you in advance.
did you use mosfets or flex cable?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You have a lot to learn then my friend. The issue in my case is a corrupted eMMC. And this is a freaking brand new Switch fresh out of the box.

Reactions: superxoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night