Forget "going green", Liberal cities have gone "brown"

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by morvoran, Sep 21, 2019.

1. morvoran
    OP

morvoran Trump supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Drinking leftist tears...Yummy!
    snip

Oh, I understand completely. I don't know how many ex-cons you're friends with, but I have several and know what it's like for them. Just like the homeless, they have to at least try to get a job if they want to survive. If they don't want to get jobs, we have to do something with them to help. Giving them homes with no guidance is not helping them.

Yeah, they stopped it because it wasn't working.

Last edited by Chary, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you understood completely, you wouldn't want the homeless to have to deal with the same systemic barriers to getting a job as ex-cons have.

That's not at all true, and that's not at all what the article said. If you're going to just make things up, we can't have a discussion.

Josshy0125 likes this.
  3. yuyuyup
    This message by yuyuyup has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 22, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 22, 2019
  4. morvoran
    This message by morvoran has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 22, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 22, 2019
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Are we talking about a night in jail, or are we talking about time in prison? A night in jail does even less to curb the homelessness problem. A homeless person is no better off after leaving jail.

Josshy0125 likes this.
  6. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    After that he went to Job Corps, got training for Automotive-related work and got a job while also living in his own place.

7. morvoran
    OP

morvoran Trump supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Disorderly Conduct Penalties
    Disorderly conduct is almost always punished as a misdemeanor offense, though it qualifies as a felony in certain circumstances, such as when a person makes a false report of a fire. State laws differ in the potential penalties involved for a conviction of disorderly conduct, but they typically include one or more of the following:

• Jail: Jail time for a conviction of disorderly conduct is typically short, though state laws can allow for up to a year for a misdemeanor conviction. While many disorderly conduct convictions involve no jail time, especially for first-time offenders, courts often suspend a jail sentence or order a person to “time served,” meaning the jail sentence is satisfied by the time the person already spent in jail after the initial arrest. For repeat offenders or more serious instances of disorderly conduct, short jail terms of several days, weeks, or even months are possible. Felony convictions bring with them the possibility of a year or more in state prison.
    They can be held for months if they are constantly being apprehended giving them plenty of time to be rehabilitated.

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That's going to make getting a job harder, as I've already discussed.

9. morvoran
    OP

morvoran Trump supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    You must have missed the other article I edited in after that first one.

"Although overall homelessness has actually increased slightly over the past decade in Utah, such a large reduction in chronic homelessness is still an impressive achievement. But is it real?

Unfortunately, no. I spent some time studying Utah’s data and found that the miraculous 91 percent reduction in chronic homelessness appears to be driven by changes in how people were counted, rather than by how many there were."

Also, in the first article I posted, the housing plan was way too expensive to keep running and one guy stating that he pays subsidized rent. He wasn't given free housing. What do you think would happen if he stopped paying his rent?

Misdemeanors are not as taboo as felonies when it comes to job searching. Plus, the homeless are not going to get jobs as CEO's. They will most likely go for low skilled jobs in which case the illegal alien situation is more harmful than a conviction to them.

10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Utah is not the only place practicing Housing First, and the data is consistent.

11. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I respectfully disagree with the moderation of my comments; topics like these are NOT tailored to stoke actual discussion, they are created to "trigger the libturds." The very "triggering" itself is often used as an excuse to dismiss counter arguments "REEEEE triggered" etc. He doesn't even hide his dirty intentions, he has his intentions displayed RIGHT THERE in his profile box. I think that by pointing out morvoran's character flaws, I am providing necessary context to morvoran's narrative. Thank you for your consideration.

Josshy0125 likes this.
  12. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Flaming, Trolling & Harassment

Do not "flame", "bash", "troll" or harass others. Blatantly offensive comments or actions directed at others will not be tolerated. While we do allow members to debate and voice their own opinions, there will be a limit to how far a heated debate can go before it is closed by staff. If you harass someone you will be disciplined. Period.

If you want to take things to PM with staff over his behavior, you're free to do so. But there is no need to throw personal disparaging remarks at someone. Future moderation over types of inflammatory-titled propaganda threads has already been discussed.

MicmasH_W and PanTheFaun like this.
  13. WD_GASTER2

WD_GASTER2 I tinker and code.

Jun 17, 2018
    France
    making it a crime to be less fortunate. You have no argument here dude. I am sure you will troll, try to post something that deflects or that in your own mind makes you sound witty, but just admit that you have no suggestion of a real solution here.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2, Sep 22, 2019
  14. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I agree 100%, but many of the homeless have mental issues and feel they want to be outside, and in CA as soon as someone ask to leave a mental health facility they are let go, whereas we need to keep them for a bit, put them on meds, then let them make that decision, it is truly the crueler choice to let them die (and let other horrible things happen to them) in the street.

Last edited by Ericthegreat, Sep 22, 2019
  15. th3joker

th3joker GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    just have the homeless poop in planters and gardens. free fertilizer.

16. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    As some who passes through Downtown LA daily, can't say things have gotten worse. They have improved but they definitely are still bad
    Homelessness has really gone down, and DTLA has been cleaned up drastically.

17. CPG

CPG it da spoopy month now

GBAtemp Patron
    CPG is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 9, 2016
    Canada
    GBATemp why are you letting us write anything here
    aww, crap.

18. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    Conservatives organize a massive clean up for Los Angeles and Baltimore.
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/22/presler-los-angeles-clean-up/

But hey guys conservatives are racist and evil, they don't care about helping the unfortunate or helping bad conditions, they are just doing this as a massive PR stunt to get Trump more votes. So any good they do just right it off as them doing it for evil intentions and don't praise them. Spread this message of their evil.

19. Flofflewoffle

Flofflewoffle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Denmark
    Super Wonderful Puppyland
    I can't believe there's a political ideology which thinks people are deliberately evil, or deliberately doing bad things, simply because of how much money they have. That counts for both the rich businessmen and homeless individuals.

Subtle Demise and Josshy0125 like this.
  20. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    The police aren't allowed to stop people from shitting in public but it's ok for them to shoot unarmed people and lock others up for victimless "crimes".

21. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Fan

Feb 22, 2016
    Admins, close this thread, and the forums, and the internet while you are at it... We have found the smartest brain in the universe.

And this is a FACT.

XD

JaapDaniels likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted