50 minutes long Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow

direct.PNG

Nintendo just announced a Nintendo Direct for tomorrow, February 17th. It will last for about 50 minutes and will focus on available games such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and "other games" coming to the Switch in the first half of 2021.

The Direct will stream at 2 p.m. PT tomorrow from Nintendo's official YouTube channel:

:arrow: SOURCE

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In my heart, I know botw2 won’t be given screen time, but it’s nice to believe
That'd be a blessing, considering there's so many more potentially-exciting things than an unwanted sequel to a revoltingly bland and frustrating game - like, say, a potential porting of 3D Land to Switch, or Super Paper Mario, or a worthwhile Pokemon spinoff, or Pikmin 4, or Xenoblade Chronicles 3, or a new Kirby game. Almost anything, really.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'd be a blessing, considering there's so many more potentially-exciting things than an unwanted sequel to a revoltingly bland and frustrating game - like, say, a potential porting of 3D Land to Switch, or Super Paper Mario, or a worthwhile Pokemon spinoff, or Pikmin 4, or Xenoblade Chronicles 3, or a new Kirby game. Almost anything, really.
"unwanted sequel to a revoltingly bland and frustrating game"

We all hate things, but it's important to realize when it's something you hate vs something other people hate. The game was very highly reviewed and lots of people liked it. I am looking forward to its sequel and it's obvious many people in this thread are excited as well.

I mean your comment almost reads as bait :P

Cdiddy1122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"unwanted sequel to a revoltingly bland and frustrating game"
I am looking forward to its sequel and it's obvious many people in this thread are excited as well.
I really want news on BOTW2 especially because the devs said it would be more of a MM sequel, which makes me hopeful for a more dark zelda.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want news on BOTW2 especially because the devs said it would be more of a MM sequel, which makes me hopeful for a more dark zelda.
Oh really? I hadn't heard that.

That makes me excited for NPC interaction. No other zelda game has come close to the depth of relationships you experience in MM.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i'm seeing Breath of the Wild 2 trending (Which contrary to what clickbaity Zelda channels/Dumb nintendo theories channels will try to tell you, is not the name of the game) so prepare to see a bunch of salty people around 3 pm Pacific Standard Time.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm seeing Breath of the Wild 2 trending (Which contrary to what clickbaity Zelda channels/Dumb nintendo theories channels will try to tell you, is not the name of the game) so prepare to see a bunch of salty people around 3 pm Pacific Standard Time.
In that case, I'll prepare myself by dousing myself in vinegar - so at least I'll be tasty!

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Themes, please, and an overhaul to the GUI so more than four-and-a-bit games are shown!

Also, I would LOVE a new Pokémon title, as long as none of Sword/Shield's flaws remain - and I would love for the various stupid nerfs over the years (since XY) to be reverted. You know, moves like Surf, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor regaining their former 95/120/140 Base Power; Steel regaining its resistances to Ghost and Dark; Gale Wings no longer having a full-HP requirement; Aegislash having his former high stats returned, and King's Shield again lowering Attack by two stages; Hidden Power going to 70 Base Power; Terrains again boosting their type's moves by 50% instead of the new 30%; etc.
I would also love it if Ice gained extra resistances, to Normal, Water and Grass.

Aside from those, Pikmin 4 would be amazing, especially since it's been years since Pikmin 3. I would also take a Pikmin/Pikmin 2 remake, with 3's improvements and updates added in, alongside being able to use a comfortable controller (New Play Control was trash due to dysfunctional motion controls; the GameCube controller, for the original releases, is decent but not ideal).

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What does that mean in non pokemon fan terms
You know how moves have set "powers", like how Earthquake has 100 listed and Icy Wind 55? Well, back in the DS and earlier days, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Surf all had 95 "power"; Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Hydro Pump and Hurricane had 120; Overheat, Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm had 140.

When the series moved onto the 3DS, for whatever reason Game Freak decided to weaken these moves - so now the moves that previously had 95 "power" have it dropped to 90; 120 was reduced to 110; 140 was lowered to 130. There was no reason for this, since no-one ever complained about these moves being "too overpowered" or anything - another major nerf that happened in XY was Drought, Drizzle, Snow Warning and Sand Stream being reduced to producing 5 turns of their respective weather (just like the moves Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail and Sandstorm), due to weather being overly centralising back in Gen V.

The weather nerf made sense; the other nerfs, the ones I listed, never did. Sure, Gale Wings Talonflame was a beast in XY and ORAS, but because he didn't get a Fighting-type move, he was stopped cold by Rock-types; Aegislash was quite powerful on the 3DS, but King's Shield doesn't block against Will-O-Wisp, doesn't lower Sp. Atk (so it just nulls any damage done by special moves, without punishing the attacker), and if the spirit blade was hit in its Blade form it went down real easy. Steel never should have lost two major resistances, especially when Knock Off got such a major buff; this makes all the Steel/Psychic and Steel/Ghost types weak to Dark and Ghost, unexpectedly weakening fan favourites like Metagross and Jirachi (and Bronzong, who was previously known for only having one weakness, due to its Ability choice - Levitate negating Ground, or Heatproof weakening Fire).
Sword/Shield added more counters against Terrain users, so why weaken Terrain buffs?

Nerfing stuff just upsets people; what makes them excited is adding things that counter them, so they can still be fully used as originally designed, yet can be played around too if you know how and are prepared for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-