A Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase will air this week

diect.png

The rumored Nintendo Direct was true, in a way. The upcoming event won't be the traditional style of Nintendo Direct, but will instead be a Partner Showcase, which will offer a look at the upcoming third party titles headed to the Nintendo Switch. The video will contain 25 minutes of gameplay footage and trailers, and is set to go live on February 21st, at 6am PT. We'll be certain to round up all the announcements made, when the Partner Showcase airs.

:arrow: Source

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope not. That thing's already been delayed quite enough, it was even announced the same year that the Switch released, so we're at 7 years since its announcement, and around 3-4 since we knew that it was gonna be restarted with Retro Studios again at the helm.

Tbh I hate when companies do this kind of shit, the Resident Evil 2 Remake was another primal example of this, they announced Remake 2 even WAY before we knew Resident Evil 7 even existed. They should rather stick it up and announce it when they're a year or so from actual release instead of almost a decade away.
It was kinda necessary for them to announce it I think
People just wanted to know this existed and they weren't expecting Bandai Namco to not being up to the task.
There was also Federation Force, which was poorly received in large part because that was all the franchise could get in a long time. I think they felt it necessary to announce that MP4 was a real project, to ensure that Samus Returns wouldn't suffer the same fate.
I don't think there would have been any need for Dread, though. Even for Samus Returns, but that's just risk mitigation.

They seem to be SUPER afraid of Metroid, which is pretty crazy. Even Metroid Prime Remastered's shadow drop surprised me a bit, and they seemed surprised at how well the game was received.

It's clear that it's been announced too soon, but I know it's coming, and it doesn't look like a Skull & Bones or Beyond Good and Evil 2 project. I think I'd rather know it exists than stop hoping.

Maybe we will finally see the release date for Genshin Impact on Nintendo Switch... The trailer came out 4 years ago, even before it released on PS4, PC and Mobile...
You'll get lucky it gets released on the Switch 2. Even Gigantic will launch on PS4 but not on Switch lol

• Haha
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd argue we need more games that have new, exciting aspects to them. We need more Mario side scrolling games that aren't rehashing the same ideas over and over, and dare to try things different (and this is coming from a guy who grew up on the Atari and NES and so forth, so I should be the least adept to wanting change). It's much better than the 6th installment of New Super Mario Bros (which wasn't new anymore by the 3rd one, anyways).
I suppose, but Wonder was still weird. Should've been called Super Mario Acid Trip.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it weird that I'd rather know what's next for Legend of Zelda or Xenoblade or Kirby, instead of "Partners"?
I'd love to receive news of a classic Zelda game being remade, or another 3D Kirby game after Forgotten Land did so well, or something.
Post automatically merged:

Well, didn't it make you wonder? Wasn't it filled with wonder?
Nope, not at all. I didn't pick it up specifically because of the weird-ass visuals. Eugh.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two things I'll remember is how i got excited twice and immediately annoyed.

First with the Star Wars games. They release them all EXCEPT the Nintendo exclusives that are Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike.

And then by showing the Rare logo without Rare Replay or some of the games everyone is looking for.

Like seriously lol.

Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1708525612987.png

From the Atlus website. I'm still not sure if this is SMT V Plus, or something more akin to SMT IV: Apocalypse . Either way, I'm cautiously excited.

Edit

There's a Livestream Atlus SEA is doing going over what the title is, and the differences between the base game and this one. It IS the base game with a "newly added route," At the beginning of the game, you'll get to chose between the "Canon of Creation" (the original story) and the "Canon of Vengeance", which "follows the scenario of the original, but with significant changes in the middle and later stages of the story." Also includes QOL improvements, new fusion attacks, new DLC, old DLC, etc.

It's looking like SMT 5 Royal.

Last edited by Windaga,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's funny to see Kingdom Come Deliverance on Switch. Makes me wonder how the graphics will look like.
I like that Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley is coming to the Switch as well, Moomins were the very first anime I've watched as a kid and the visuals remind me of Children of Silentown, which was a really good adventure game.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the japanese "guitar life" looked interesting, similar to rocksmith but with its own controller. a learning software, not something like guitar hero or rock band

Reactions: SylverReZ

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was nothing good in there. I skimmed the entire thing and nothing jumped out. I'll give World of Goo 2 a try, but I never played the first one so...

No Ace Attorney or Professor Layton, and nothing really jumped out.

Reactions: matias3ds

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Epic Mickey remake but also the Rare games being added to the NES, SNES and N64 apps. But way more by the fact that we're getting a brand new Endless Ocean game?! Me and my sister actually have great memories of the first game back when renting games was still a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto