Xbox Partner Preview March 2024 roundup

XboxPartnerPreview_Slate.jpg

Microsoft aired a 29-minutes Xbox Partner Preview for March 2024 yesterday. This included a range of details regarding upcoming games as well as the reveal of new ones from third-party publishers. Below is a break-down of the announcements:
  • Square Enix announced the full release of Final Fantasy XIV Online for March 21 on Xbox Series X|S. A Starter Edition will be available through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks for a limited time from March 21 to April 19. The Open Beta is available now on Xbox Series X|S.
  • Capcom shared a new gameplay trailer for Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. It is a single-player game set in a Japanese-inspired universe and is set to release later this year on Xbox Series X|S and Windows and will be available on day one with Game Pass.
  • Horror Lovecraftian game The Sinking City 2 received a new trailer and is slated to release in 2025.
  • SEGA shared details on the upcoming Persona 3 Reload: Expansion Pass which will include new costumes, background music, and extended story content with Episode Aigis -The Answer.
  • GSC Game World surprised launched the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Legends of the Zone Trilogy for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S (via backwards compatibility). This includes classic titles Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat.
  • Bandai Namco and Reflector Entertainment provided a first look at gameplay from narrative action-adventure game Unknown 9: Awakening. It follows the story of Haroona, a Quaestor born with the ability to venture into the Fold; a mysterious dimension that overlaps our own. The game is set to launch sometime this summer.
  • EA Originals and Surgent Studios revealed a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming indie action-adventure platformer, Tales of Kenzera: ZAU. The game releases on April 23.
  • RocketRide Games and Universal Products & Experiences revealed Griefville: Survive the Nightmare! for Roblox which is available now.
  • Inverge Studios revealed Creatures of Ava, a "creature saver game". It is set to launch sometime this year.
  • Off-road arcade racing game Monster Jam Showdown was announced, and is set to launch on Xbox Series X|S in 2024.
  • 11-bit Studios shared a gameplay trailer for The Alters. This sci-fi game blends adventure, survival, and base-building elements, and will launch this year.
  • A new trailer for action RPG The First Berserker: Khazan was aired. It features anime art style and challenging combat. However, there's no release window for the game at the moment.
  • Windows release date for Frostpunk 2 revealed: July 25. It will also be available via PC Game Pass.
  • Riffraff Games revealed Sleight of Hand. It's a 3rd-person stealth game where you have to infiltrate your old witch coven using a cursed deck of cards.
You can also watch the event in its entirety below:

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: matpower and CoolMe

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I didn´t get excited for not even one of the games on this list. It is sad. I´m sure there are a couple of good ones in the mix, but to be honest I don't think they would be THAT good, nor do I think that they presented them with "sould and emotion". Felt just like "Yeah, here are some new games. Goodbye."

That's why at least a 1/4 of Nintendo games are great, they have soul and the "IT" factor that just creates magic and excitement in our souls. (Just my two cents)

Reactions: Augusto101

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, it must be quite dire if you bought an Xbox Series X for 500 dollars. That Xbox Direct was sad.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah it was bad
The First Berserker looked cool, maybe Tales of Kenzara ? Even then, the trailer was actually pretty atrocious. I just hate when a trailer is trying to tell you what you can do in the game in a somewhat narrative way like « you can use your spells to both move and fight » as if it wasn't obvious you just wanted to make sure that metroidvanias fans will notice

Idk, the rap song in the last Prince of Persia game was cringey but at least they didn't had a narrator saying « look you can do cool shit » when they showed Sargon fighting

But yeah clearly Xbox has nothing but themselves. I mean, they bought everything so that's to be expected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up