A Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase will air this week

diect.png

The rumored Nintendo Direct was true, in a way. The upcoming event won't be the traditional style of Nintendo Direct, but will instead be a Partner Showcase, which will offer a look at the upcoming third party titles headed to the Nintendo Switch. The video will contain 25 minutes of gameplay footage and trailers, and is set to go live on February 21st, at 6am PT. We'll be certain to round up all the announcements made, when the Partner Showcase airs.

:arrow: Source

ViTaLC0D3R

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tylermediagroup.xyz
XP
Country
United States

The rumored Nintendo Direct was true, in a way. The upcoming event won't be the traditional style of Nintendo Direct, but will instead be a Partner Showcase, which will offer a look at the upcoming third party titles headed to the Nintendo Switch. The video will contain 25 minutes of gameplay footage and trailers, and is set to go live on February 21st, at 6am PT. We'll be certain to round up all the announcements made, when the Partner Showcase airs.

:arrow: Sourc
Metroid Prime 4 Reveal!
is Retro Studios are partner studio? lol

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
NO MORE TITLES LIKE SUPER MARIO WONDER! We don't need another drug trip of a game...
I'd argue we need more games that have new, exciting aspects to them. We need more Mario side scrolling games that aren't rehashing the same ideas over and over, and dare to try things different (and this is coming from a guy who grew up on the Atari and NES and so forth, so I should be the least adept to wanting change). It's much better than the 6th installment of New Super Mario Bros (which wasn't new anymore by the 3rd one, anyways).

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So It's going to be a Partner Direct huh?....hmm what 3rd party games would I be excited to see on the Switch? off the top of my head I want a Sonic Adventure 2 Battle remake.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean Ace Attorney 7... Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy just came out, so they probably don't want to distract from that and a new console is just around the corner, so they probably want to save something for that. So, I doubt it. They might even stall the next game even longer by porting/remastering Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright instead. Unless you meant another prequel/spinoff and I still think that's too soon next to the collection that just came out, but an another spinoff seems more likely to me.
they can put it in the new console.. but i hope they put it on the switch too.. either miles collection or the 7

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's still the possibility of Retro Studios making an appearance in this Direct right?
I mean they're Nintendo's partners after all... aren't they?

Please for the love of everything holy, just anything about Metroid Prime 4 already, let it be on Switch and not the successor ffs (or both).

• Haha
Reactions: KingVamp

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there we go. that outta thoroughly shut down any speculation of a new system announcements
On the contrary, it aligns with the rumors that this was going to be a partner direct. The rumors are going to explode now.
Post automatically merged:

Luckily for me, it's at 7am, meaning when I have time to watch it, I can skip the the highlights.

Which is good because it'll be 75% mid, 2% hype, and 23% everything else that I may or may not care about.

Hoping for something regarding Ace Attorney.

Last edited by MayorBryce,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's still the possibility of Retro Studios making an appearance in this Direct right?
I mean they're Nintendo's partners after all... aren't they?

Please for the love of everything holy, just anything about Metroid Prime 4 already, let it be on Switch and not the successor ffs (or both).
I expect it to be a crossgen release so I guess it would be shown alongside the Switch 2. So it's probably getting delayed .... again .......

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I expect it to be a crossgen release so I guess it would be shown alongside the Switch 2. So it's probably getting delayed .... again .......

I hope not. That thing's already been delayed quite enough, it was even announced the same year that the Switch released, so we're at 7 years since its announcement, and around 3-4 since we knew that it was gonna be restarted with Retro Studios again at the helm.

Tbh I hate when companies do this kind of shit, the Resident Evil 2 Remake was another primal example of this, they announced Remake 2 even WAY before we knew Resident Evil 7 even existed. They should rather stick it up and announce it when they're a year or so from actual release instead of almost a decade away.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming we'll get some general Level-5 stuff, this should be great!
Can't wait for Inazuma Eleven to come out. 😎
Post automatically merged:

Maybe we will finally see the release date for Genshin Impact on Nintendo Switch... The trailer came out 4 years ago, even before it released on PS4, PC and Mobile...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto